Looking for Your Feedback

Discussion in 'Main Dimensions Board' started by loopytheone, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jan 13, 2019 #1

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Administrator Global Moderator

Hello Dims members!

The mod team are interested in hearing your thoughts and opinions on things here at Dims. I've started a thread here to help keep all the feedback in one place. I'd appreciate it if you would give us some of your thoughts there. Obviously, we can't guarantee to make every change suggested, but we will listen to everything you have to say.

Many thanks,

Loopy

AmyJo1976 and NaeusofStryx like this.
  2. Jan 18, 2019 #2

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I don't know if it is true, but I read somewhere that at a certain point in its history, within the old walls of Constantinople there were effectively several villages seperated by pastures and orchards where once all had been city. But they were still living with some of the great buildings and monuments of the past.

Dimensions these days reminds me of that. It isn't that it is empty, it is that it isn't as populated as it used to be, and we are living among these imposing ruins that can be intimidating.

So just as a proposal, what if you locked all the old boards* , effectively turning them into a museum, and started over? Just a few boards that were fresh and might seem all the busier for the lack of old threads with thousands of posts. Perhaps something like General, Lifestyle, and Sexuality. And have a couple/few people for feach board who have agreed that for the first few months they will try to post at least daily and to respond to almost everything others post. That should prime the pump for the new boards ... And I don't know what would happen next, but I think it would brighten the mood to be starting some new things.

* I mean Discussion boards. Would have to leave the paysite boards alone most likely. Obviously keep the library! Board Business makes sense to keep.

loopytheone and DragonFly like this.
  3. Feb 12, 2019 #3

bigisland

bigisland

bigisland

Hi Loopy I was thinking of ways we could encourage more of our guests to join.
    I’m not very tech sauve but I’m sure some of the admin people are, these people are interested enough to visit our board read stories posts view pictures and generally what we have to offer.
    Dims has always had a generous policy of accessing content I was able to lerk for years before I joined.
    It seems like an interested audience near at hand.
    There could be some interesting options related to the new opt-in policy

loopytheone likes this.