Loopy's American Adventure 2021

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I know I don't post too often nowdays (am shy!) but I went to america for thanksgiving this year! I went to see my other half, who I haven't seen for 3 years due to the pandemic. Honestly, long distance relationships are even more hard than usual in these times. Those of you who know me might know that both me and my other half have been going through some tough personal times lately, but oh my god, finally getting to see him in person again was just the tonic I needed.

We had subway for thanksgiving as neither of us can cook. And we had donuts for breakfast several times, which is an americanism I can not understand but can definitely get behind! I also ate copious amounts of pizza and ice cream sandwiches, and pretty much destroyed $50 of snacks on my own in the week I was there, hah. Thankfully for me, my partner is both an FA and a BHM so we both get to enjoy such things to the fullest. =3

We pretty much just stayed in and played the new pokemon games, but it was all that I needed. I was even nice enough not to kick him out of the bed in my sleep this time too. 😂

Obligatory cute fat people photos:

IMG_20211123_155608.jpg
IMG_20211123_155643.jpg

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Thanks for all the happy comments guys, I'm so happy I got to share with everyone!

Wait, when/what time of day do British people typically eat their donuts, if they have them? is it considered more of after-dinner dessert?
We eat them as snacks, between meals. Though they aren't super common food over here in general. You get fresh ones at outside events sometimes too, from a van. Hot and covered in granulated sugar, it's amazing~ You can buy packs of doughnuts at the supermarkets over here, but generally those are as snacks for a household or whatever. ....or just for one of me, I guess, because I eat the whole lot at once.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
We had Dunkin Donuts, which is just over the street from where he lives.

I tried pretty much all the variations of chocolate available as well as some ones with other types of icing and the jam ones. Double chocolate and Boston creme were probably my favourites!

I also got to try ice cream sandwiches and had some amazing pizza. I am also still wondering what bannana peppers are, because I had those on a different pizza and still have no recollection of anything else that tastes like that.

AmyJo1976

Happy Holidays!
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
They are pepperoncinis. I get them on my pizza every now and then, but I also like them by themselves with a sandwich or what not. You have such beautiful hair!

I know I don't post too often nowdays (am shy!) but I went to america for thanksgiving this year! I went to see my other half, who I haven't seen for 3 years due to the pandemic. Honestly, long distance relationships are even more hard than usual in these times. Those of you who know me might know that both me and my other half have been going through some tough personal times lately, but oh my god, finally getting to see him in person again was just the tonic I needed.

We had subway for thanksgiving as neither of us can cook. And we had donuts for breakfast several times, which is an americanism I can not understand but can definitely get behind! I also ate copious amounts of pizza and ice cream sandwiches, and pretty much destroyed $50 of snacks on my own in the week I was there, hah. Thankfully for me, my partner is both an FA and a BHM so we both get to enjoy such things to the fullest. =3

We pretty much just stayed in and played the new pokemon games, but it was all that I needed. I was even nice enough not to kick him out of the bed in my sleep this time too. 😂

Obligatory cute fat people photos:

View attachment 146614
View attachment 146615
love love love LOVE! :) 🙏 🙏

Latest posts