Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LarryTheNoodleGuy

Yeah, I'm sorry to be one of those people who jump on a thread to express an opposing opinion, and I do love you, Loopy! XXXX I just HATED the movie because Queen is in my heart, soul, lungs, kidneys and pancreas! And I'm glad YOU loved it, if it turns you onto Queen, then that's a great thing! I feel the same way about any Beatles bio. Although I didn't HATE "Yesterday."
Cheers and a pleasant Sunday to you, and all. "Spread your winnnngs and flyyyy away!"

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!
I genuinely had no idea he was bisexual before the film, so it's an important film for me on a personal level because it's made me feel more comfortable with the idea of coming out to my friends and eventually family.

I know it's sacrificed authenticity for story which is gross and that's upsetting to a lot of fans but I feel like it's opening the doors for more accurate gritty representations, I remember hearing that was why SBC left the project, hopefully if there are enough ticked off fans then they'll unite and be able to fund the portrayal that they deserve

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm glad you felt comfortable coming out to the people you care about.

As far as I am concerned, if Roger and Brian are happy with the artistic liberties taken with the story, then I am happy with them. I wouldn't pee on SBC if he was on fire, so I'm glad he left.

There's tons of 'gritty' documentaries. If somebody wants to make yet another queen documentary then that is fine, but documentaries don't usually make for good cinema. I also don't think it is right to make money/spectacle out of a dead person's personal failings, which is basically the idea of 'gritty' or 'realistic' cinema imo. ... biopics that aren't accurate and can portray the person as positively as they like, though, that's fine to me, just a bit of fun. I get that a lot of other people don't feel that way and that's fine, of course~

I'm actually going to see Q+AL in June, looking forwards to that so much. I'm in the process of making Brian, Roger and Adam dolls to send to them as gifts too.

squeezablysoft

Yeah, I used to get all disappointed and mad when biopics of my favorite celebrities were painfully inaccurate, but I've mellowed slightly in my old age and now just get slightly annoyed.

Group builder