LOST: Season Five **warning - SPOILERS!!**

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
This thread just needed to happen.

For all who don't know and don't watch, Lost is the BEST. SHOW. EVER.
No detractors on this, please. It's science.

Anyway, the show is crazy and there are always about a zillion things going on at once and there are intricate plot lines and subtle details that must be discussed. I've recently been watching the show with a couple of fellow Lost fanatics, and it's really cool to be able to fill in the blanks when one of us sees a connection or remembers something that is relevant to whatever is going on in an episode.

So this thread should be that. Have a theory about what this whole island thing is about? See a connection that you want to share with the class? Can't remember what happened at the end of the last season finale? Talk about it here!

(Also, expect to see a lot of Blackjack in this thread... ;) )

BothGunsBlazing

Back...ish
LOOOOOOOOOOST !! Hey, wait, Remember how we watched the first season in like 24hrs like it was crack or something? Annnd than I let you borrow it to finish and then you totally forgot to mail me the last disc with the last few episodes on it and I am pretty sure I almost died waiting for it. See, now that is a testament to how good the show is.

POLAR BEARS. WTF.

I did love the first few seasons of this show, but totally stopped watching it after the looong break in the 3rd season and just never got into it again, but I know I should, so I'll probably Netflix the rest of the 3rd and get the 4th too.

Soo, I'll probably chime in like 3 weeks from now with an opinion. :)

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
Soo, I'll probably chime in like 3 weeks from now with an opinion. :)
Three weeks, are you kidding me?

DO EEEET NOW! And watch yourself for spoilers! Seriously, because the polar bears almost make sense compared to what you've missed!

BothGunsBlazing

Back...ish
Three weeks, are you kidding me?

DO EEEET NOW! And watch yourself for spoilers! Seriously, because the polar bears almost make sense compared to what you've missed!
Okay okay OKAY I know they've been doing flash FORWARDS, but that is about it, I just gotta wait for it to come in the mail because I refuse to go to Blockbuster, so, hopefully it won't take that long, but they're kinda slow for me for some reason!

Not to hijack this thread, but Beettsy, have you been watching the new season of 24? It's friggin' good! Much better than season 6 so far!

Okay, so, I'll get lost from this thread until I catch up. GET LOST. Get it? It's like double.

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I happen to own a Dharma Initiative coffee mug! Since I loathe coffee, I use it for tea.

I guess I'm more of a later LOST fan. It took me a while to get into it but I seriously love it now and I've loved all the seasons. The season five premiere last week was amazing!

It feels good to have something I actually WANT to watch back on TV again.

Dennis

Reactions: Ash

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Reminder: All episodes are available for viewing on the official ABC site. Download the player, and you're good to go. It's pure awesomeness.

And the polar bears were sort of explained, they do make some degree of sense.

I actually just started over at the beginning, finished the first disc of season one last night, just to revisit it all.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. SQUEE.

ETA: And yes, I probably will be in this thread a lot, because I have so damn many thoughts on the show and theories and stuff it's absurd.

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
I happen to own a Dharma Initiative coffee mug! Since I loathe coffee, I use it for tea.

I guess I'm more of a later LOST fan. It took me a while to get into it but I seriously love it now and I've loved all the seasons. The season five premiere last week was amazing!

It feels good to have something I actually WANT to watch back on TV again.

Dennis
Oooooooh! WANT! Where'd you find it? I'm with you on having some excitement about something on TV again. There's only so many reruns of Scrubs I can watch in a given season.

Premiere Spoiler:

So how about Hurley getting arrested? Do you think it was the right call for him, there, listening to Sayid about Ben? I half expected the cops to be working for Ben or Widmore.

ladle

Back on Top
Damn spoilers..good thing I skipped to the bottom.
I am addicted to LOST like a class A drug.
Can't wait for the 5th Season...might make it all the way down to NZ by 2054!
Woohoo!

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
OK, I vote we have *PROBABLE SPOILERS* added to the subject of this thread (didn't think about viewers who aren't caught up yet when I started it). That way we can discuss things and people will know what they're getting into.

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
OK, I vote we have *PROBABLE SPOILERS* added to the subject of this thread (didn't think about viewers who aren't caught up yet when I started it). That way we can discuss things and people will know what they're getting into.
Agreed.

Hey, I added ample space to stop scrolling!
...and you did write Season Five. :D

But yes, that's a good idea. Otherwise, the thread would look like this:

Ashley: I like LOST. How about you?

BGB: I like 24. Polar bears are crazy.

o.o.h: WORD. WWHD!

Still a Skye fan: I'm down with LOST. Ooh wants my mug.

Beej: *edited for spoilers and general brilliance of theories*

Wild Zero:

Maxx Awesome

Sings like a Monster Baby
Here's what I want to know... What the frizzle-frack was up with that giant foot with four toes towards the end of Season 3?
Howzabout someone explains that?:p
& Christian... What's happening there?

WeirdMetamorphosis

Big HUGE Lost fan here. I watch it religiously. I own the all seasons on DVD and I own seasons 3 and 4 on Bluray. Loving how the new season has started out. I'm really loving the Daniel Faraday character.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Reminder: All episodes are available for viewing on the official ABC site. Download the player, and you're good to go. It's pure awesomeness.

And the polar bears were sort of explained, they do make some degree of sense.

I actually just started over at the beginning, finished the first disc of season one last night, just to revisit it all.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. SQUEE.

ETA: And yes, I probably will be in this thread a lot, because I have so damn many thoughts on the show and theories and stuff it's absurd.
I have been in it from the start..I love the idea of starting all over again....I love that there is a LOST historian on staff that tries to track all the characters and timelines cause they themselves can't keep it kosher between past . future. real. maybe. to trust ben / or not to trust ben...

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
I have been in it from the start..I love the idea of starting all over again....I love that there is a LOST historian on staff that tries to track all the characters and timelines cause they themselves can't keep it kosher between past . future. real. maybe. to trust ben / or not to trust ben...
Scarcely a historian if it's me you're talking about... just a fan who's very much into lore. Not just of LOST but of pretty much everything I'm into.

I'm honestly hoping that there'll be some sort of map released- better than the one shown in Season Two- so that maybe I can start plotting out where stuff is.

Really, though, there is a lot to keep track of in the show beyond the basics, and although I'm pretty sure that very little of it will prove relevant, I still like to check it out. For example, I was eager to read Turn of the Screw after seeing it in the show... still not quite sure if it's at all related, but it was a damn good read nonetheless.

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
I just realized the other day that Desmond Hume is named after David Hume, a Scottish Empirical philosopher that followed John Locke in real life.

Aside from my constant, fervent wish that the polar bears will maul Kate and Sawyer, I'm digging Season 5 as well. Mostly, I want to see the Ben-Whidmore war heat up. Also, my friend and I were really glad that they are keeping the pace going by putting the deadline on the return to the island.

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
Also, my friend and I were really glad that they are keeping the pace going by putting the deadline on the return to the island.
Thanks for the info on Hume. Very interesting!

How long do you think they'll drag the return out, though? I'm betting that the Oceanic Six won't make it back to the island until the end of the season.

Also, I still think that Widmore is in the pockets of the police that arrested Hurley. The dude is everywhere.

I am also interested in whether Jin AND the baby will have to come back to the island in order for things to be righted. She was pregnant when she left, but, had she stayed, she would have died (if history is any indicator).

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
I am also interested in whether Jin AND the baby will have to come back to the island in order for things to be righted. She was pregnant when she left, but, had she stayed, she would have died (if history is any indicator).
I hope Jin has to go back, somehow. I miss him.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Yeah, I'm not entirely certain about the fates of Jin and Michael. LOST has never been one to shy away from the deaths of main characters at a season's end, but I get the feeling that they've still got a role to play in all of it.

I think that Ashley was referring to Sun, though, and her baby, not Jin. As for their baby, I would think that it would have to return, since Sun was carrying while on the island.

Latest posts

Group builder