• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Maintaining friendships

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flutterby68

My Cups Runneth Over
Do you ladies find that as you became larger, maintaining friendships got to be more difficult? if so, do you think it was because YOU were embarrassed/uncomfortable about your weight so you avoided the friends, or do you think the friends were embarrassed/uncomfortable being around you? Or another reason?

Also... your close friends. Do they tend to be male or female, and why?

I know I got very embarrassed about my size and simply didn't want to be seen in public. But, my friends wouldn't let me get away with that.

My best friend was a man who is not my husband. When I first met him, he was married to someone else. That ended when she cheated on him... and he and I became lovers and remained that way for a couple of years. DH and I have been married almost 2 years, and he knew from very early on that the the history with the best friend and it doesn't bother him.

The thing that upset me was his keeping our relationship secret, and even denying it when asked. No matter what he says, I'm sure that the reason we didn't date wasn't because he didn't want to risk the friendship, but because he didn't want to publicly be involved with me. His secretiveness about our status made me think he was ashamed of me, and he can deny it all he wants but actions speak louder than words. It has affected our friendship, but he is oblivious to that.

At this point, my DH is my best friend.

I find it easier to be friends with men, but I really miss having a close female friend.

Latest posts

Back