Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Flutterby68

My Cups Runneth Over
1. Do you wear makeup? why or why not?

2. What brand(s)/product(s) do you use?

3. What is your skin type?

4. What is your FAVORITE product?

5. What is a makeup product you hate?

6. What do you look for in your makeup products?

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I have to wear makeup or I look pale as a ghost lol. I mainly wear lipstick & blusher. But sometimes eye shadows esp for special stuff...

archivaltype

shake n bake

Yup, even if it's just some foundation and blush. I don't really feel prettier with makeup on...just more put together.

Smashbox/MAC for eye things (although I recently got a CK eyeliner on sale at sephora that's aaaawessooomme), CoverGirl (I think) Oil Control foundation, pressed transculent powder (avon, I think), and blush.

Ridiculous! LOL. I've got pretty uneven skin tone that's combination times a bijilliondy. As far as tone goes, I'm fair w/ cool undertones.

My foundation. It's the only kind I've used that doesn't send my face into fits of dryness and pimples.

Cheap mascara. It flakes, it's thick and goopy, and it does nothing but clump your lashes. LIKE WHAT'S THE POINT? :confused:

Uhm...price and quality, although I'll admit to cheaping out a time or ten...

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Daily i am a non makeup wearer. I just don't have time. I do wear it if i want to feel special or am going out for some reason. For the most part, i just can't do it with a toddler around.
I have Mary Kay tinted moisturizer and powder. i use lash blast and a lot of different brands of eye shadow. My favorite lipstick is a Rimmel one.
I have, most of the time, very fair skin. It's super sensitive and breaks out into rashes if i use the wrong stuff.
any good thick moisturizer. I have dry patches on my cheeks and it's nasty without lotion!
traditional foundation. I hate how it feels and it's itchy for me
price, color and a trusted brand

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Yes, tend to feel naked without it and would never leave the house without at least some mascara on.

A mixed bag really. Covergirl, Clarins, Maybelline, Mac

Combination pain in the neck type!

I was given a tube of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a gift once and I still love the stuff.

Lipstick that does not taste like lipstick, the fruity flavoured ones make me feel sick.

Makeup that does what it promises. If it says it will last 10 hrs I am kinda irritated if it has slipped off my face before it is supposed to:D

Cors

Delurking
Of course. I like accentuating my features and look polished on an everyday basis. I also love experimenting with new looks every now and then.

Dr Hauschka (tinted moisturizer), IPSA (liquid foundation and loose powder), Shu Uemura (concealer, blush, mascara, eyelash curler, false eyelashes), Urban Decay (primer), MAC (strobe cream, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, gloss, false eyelashes), NARS (eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, lipstick), Chanel (blush, gloss), DUO (eyelash glue)

Normal/sensitive, yellow undertones. MAC NC 25.

Chanel glossimers. Moisturizing, great colour and shine, amazing lasting power and not sticky at all! Also, false eyelashes because they make my tiny, uneven eyes look so much bigger and brighter.

I don't think I actually hate anything. If something doesn't work for me, I just don't use it.

Non-comedogenic, true to colour, good longevity.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
I do at certain times. If I had an office job, I would, but for the work I do now, I don't. I wear makeup to class and when I go out.

MAC, Cover Girl for mascara, increasingly Maybelline for various items.

My skin type is I AM DRY BUT I WILL GET ZITS IF YOU MOISTURIZE ME and then OIL SPILL OFF ALASKA COAST on my nose and sometimes, chin. MAC NC/C 20/25 in the winter, and 30/35 in the summer. Sometimes darker (!) if I really get out in the sun.

L'OREAL SHINE DELICE LIPSTICK IN COFFEE BLAST. I would pay so much for this to be brought back, I miss it every second I'm alive.

I generally return things I don't like.

In some, long-lasting. Overall, quality, good colors...and, ok, sometimes cute packaging. :wubu:

Flutterby68

My Cups Runneth Over

I rarely wear makeup, even when I'm working. I have never been into makeup, and hate taking the time to put it on and take it off. I'd rather have the extra 15 minutes of sleep!

I have a little bit of varying types. I have a cover girl cream to powder foundation I actually like because it's very light. A couple of shades of cover girl lipstick, and a maybelline lipstick. Avon and Mary Kay eyeliner (I'm picky about color). I have an Artistry mascara because it's the only one I could find in brown.

It really varies a lot, which drives me nuts. I'm VERY pale skinned and natural blond and tend to look washed out without makeup (if I'm still blond). With the dark hair, I look much more dramatic with makeup on. My skin is relatively normal and breakouts are rare, usually the once-a-month variety.

I don't really have one. I'd LOVE to find a mascara that truly thickens and LENGTHENS my lashes.

Old fashioned eyeliner that has to be heated with a lighter to work, and dry cakey lipsticks.

Flattering color, easy to use, and price

Tania

Disneyland Bobsled Team

Yes, whenever I'll be going out.

Moisturizer: Clinique dramatically different (nice and light, doesn't contribute to oilslick syndrome) or Olay Complete/Sensitive/SPF

Primer and Concealer: BeneFit ThatGal Primer. It smells like raspberries! My concealer of choice is BeneFit Boi-ing.

Foundation: MAC Studio Fix in C3 (which is a powder foundation) or BeneFit Some Kinda Gorgeous in the default white person shade (this is a fairly sheer cream powder foundation)

Powder: If wearing the BeneFit foundation, I use BeneFit Georgia boxed powder

Fixative: I use MAC Fix+ to set my face makeup. This stuff is pretty versatile; some people use it under their foundation, some people spray it onto their foundation brushes to help blend during application, &c.

Blush: BeneFit Thrrrob or Dallas boxed powders; occaisionally, I use that Tarte gel blusher in Tickled. It blends easily and doesn't add texture to the face.

Lid Primer: BeneFit F.Y...Eye!

Eyeliner: My everyday default is a Clinique cream shaper in Chocolate Lustre. It is literally my perfect color, and I LOVE how the product blends. I hate thin, hard eyeliner, so smudgeability is a must. Lately, I've been using the Clinique kohl shaper in Black Amethyst. I'm also fond of the BeneFit BadGal liner in black, though it is harder for me to use.

Eyeshadow: MAC, Chanel (I love the Dune quadra; also have a black/gray/silver trio that I like), Clinique (my default is a chocolate/pink duo that goes well with my favorite eyeliner), and BeneFit. I really like the BeneFit creaseless cream shadowliners - my favorite color is Stiletto, a lustrous aubergine color. The BeneFit Lust Dusters are awesome, too - my favorite is Punk Royalty, a hot, sparkly purple that goes well with my brown eyes.

Mascara: Right now, a selection of Clinique products. I just purchased DiorShow, which I'm dying to try out!

Brow Stuff: BeneFit Brow-zings. It's a wax and powder compact to help you tame, darken, and fill in your eyebrows.

Lip Stuff: I use Clinique lipliners in Soft Rose and Rich Red. I have a really saturated red liner from MAC that I wear with my MAC Russian Red lipstick. I Normally wear Clinique lipsticks - Raspberry Glace (more matte; wear it under Clinique gloss in AirKiss) All Heart (solid coverage, but creamy), Guava Stain (more transparent), and Black Honey (VERY sheer; I wear it over the Rich Red lipliner to create my own pin-up style red). I've also got a sort of sheer BeneFit brown that I like, but can't remember the name.

Combination skin of DOOM. My T-zone is like the Bermuda triangle. Some days it's tranquil, normal, even dry. Other days It completely and mysteriously swallows my mild-mannered face with oil and ick.

I tend to go long periods without zits, but when they show up, they REALLY show up. Sometimes you can see a red bump under the corner of my lip in the photos I post; this is a recurring cyst that I've had since *1998*. Right now I have a massive bump on my forehead, too.

Winter often presents the ultimate skin conundrum: oil and zits + dry, peeling skin. Add early-autumn allergies into the mix, and you've got swollen eyes, deep allergy wrinkles, constant tearing, and rashes, too.

My Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes eyeliner in Chocolate Lustre.

I don't think I've run into anything truly horrible.

I like stuff that's hypo-allergenic, oil-free, and non-comedogenic. I try to avoid heavy, flakey, cakey products.

BBW4Chattery

Depends on the day. I have VERY rosy skin so sometimes, I want my red covered. Especially if I'm going to be photographed... I need makeup. If I'm just around the house, no, never any make up.

Currently, all Clinque. I've fluctuated throughout life. Started with Clinique in my teens and only now (at 30) returned to it. It's NOT my fave. Over the years, my fave powder has been Shiseido (re-formulated, bleh), fave liquid ever was a Mary Kay (re-formulated, bleh), best eye shadow LDL (can't find it anywhere now), best mascara Mary Kay (re-formulated), fave lip gloss Forever 21 (discontinued), best face wash, BASIS, drugstore brand (can't find it), and fave moisturizer was Clinique (re-formulated, bleh) .

Now:

(in no order and not every day, as I remember)

- Clinique Liquid Face Soap, sometimes mild, sometimes regular
- Clinique anti- redness soap (sometimes)
- Clinique anti- redness moisturizer (sometimes)
- Clinique anti-redness face tint w/SPF (sometimes - has a green tint)
- Clinique Take off the Day eye make up remover
- Clinique Take off the day Cleansing Milk
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 4
- Clinique Emergency Clay Mask
- Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel
- Clinique continuous rescue antioxident moisturizer (fell in love after a gift with purchase, love it now)
- Clinique Even Better liquid makeup
- Clinique superfit make up
- Clinique eye shadows, various
- Clinique mascaras, various
- Clinique brow defining powder
- clinique brow liner (not a fan, only use it sometimes)
- Clinique eye liner (not a fan, have used better)
- Clinique instant pore minimizer
- Clinique buttershine lipstick (various, I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE fan) -- fave product

Combination with auto-immune rash that makes skin BRIGHT red, tzone trouble areas, large pores on nose

Currently, Clinique buttershine lipsticks

I don't hate it, but I've never had a need for blush. I also don't wear perfume if that counts as makeup. Also, I guess I hate lipliner.

Eventually, I'd love to find an all natural line that is NOT mineral powder. I can't stand the way that stuff cakes on my face. Still, I love the though of not putting chemicals on my skin. I've used a lot of Burt's Bees stuff and generally enjoy it... but it just smells SOOOO bad that I can't take it on a regular basis.

Amatrix

Winkyface
I wear make up because I like the different styles and colors I can use to highlight or play up certain aspects. I like to wear makeup because I like anything with color, and I like makeup because it is a form of self expression for me.

Currently I adore Urban Decay, everyone hates on the eyeshadow because of the chunky glitter- but I love it. I use fetish in the deluxe eyeshadow color, and of course Urban decay Primer Potion.
I use MAC studio foundations, or Dior foundations. I use Kryolan HD setting powder for a flawless look.
I adore NARS orgasm, for blush.
I also use Ben Nye Grand Lumiere pallet for eye shadows, kryolan aqua colors *the uv palet and single black, white and silver* for bases, eyeliners and all over color.
I use PureLuxe Minerals for my mineral makeup needs- eye shadows, custom lip colors, and concealers.
I use Bad Gal Lash from Benefit, and BigFatty Mascara from Urban Decay.

Super fair, and regular *not oily or dry*

My Kryolan Aqua Color Silver... it literally looks like tinfoil on the eyes.

I hate Revlon's new Lash Stiletto Mascara... terrible product in my opinion.

Affordability, user friendly, color pay off, smell/taste, and packaging.
It has to be able to have great color pay off for what I pay, has to be easy to use, no off smell or taste, and somewhat cute or functional packaging.

Aust99

Yes... It makes me feel more put together, ready to face the world. I wear a little for work, mainly foundation and mascara and I like to go a little glam when I go out.

I use Napoleon foundation, pressed powder and blush. I use covergirl eyeshadow and rimmel mascara and eyeliner.

Not oily or dry... sometimes get a few spots but not to often. I have pink tones in my skin which can be a pain...

I love mascara.. even if I don't have any other makeup on, I need to have my mascara to feel like 'me'.

I don't wear lipstick or lip liner, I don't think it suits me at all. I prefer to accentuate my eyes...

I look for products that do what the say they do and that last for a few hours... I don't like to reapply if I can get away with it. Also within my budget, don't mind paying for quality though. :)

Sugar

I do at certain times. If I had an office job, I would, but for the work I do now, I don't. I wear makeup to class and when I go out.

MAC, Cover Girl for mascara, increasingly Maybelline for various items.

My skin type is I AM DRY BUT I WILL GET ZITS IF YOU MOISTURIZE ME and then OIL SPILL OFF ALASKA COAST on my nose and sometimes, chin. MAC NC/C 20/25 in the winter, and 30/35 in the summer. Sometimes darker (!) if I really get out in the sun.

L'OREAL SHINE DELICE LIPSTICK IN COFFEE BLAST. I would pay so much for this to be brought back, I miss it every second I'm alive.

I generally return things I don't like.

In some, long-lasting. Overall, quality, good colors...and, ok, sometimes cute packaging. :wubu:
You can return make up that's been opened and tried? Is it a store credit at that point or do you get your money back?

(I don't wear or own any make up)

Amatrix

Winkyface
You can return make up that's been opened and tried? Is it a store credit at that point or do you get your money back?

(I don't wear or own any make up)

I have worked at walmart and know we will take it back, just say it is defective and bring in your receipt.if you have your receipt for makeup at walmart you can get your money back, of not it is store credit.
:)
i dont know about other places, like MAC or Sephora.I haven't had to take it "back to MAC," and always get a sample before i buy it at sephora.

Latest posts