• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Making it Big in Modeling - By Runningsoft (Stuffing, WG, BBW)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningsoft

Author’s Note: Four young women from across the US have found themselves living in a flat in Manhattan. Together, they are all aspiring to become models of the highest caliber, looking to have it all. But as with many things in life, you don’t always get what you want. This story contains collaborative efforts with Narbicon, and contains sexual themes, imagery, BBW, slight and medium weight gain.

(Also, be sure to check out past works: The Great Eatscapade, Cruseliner/Waistliner, and Chocolatefinger)

Chapter 1 - Kate

Kathryn shivered and turned up the collar of her jacket as she stood on the platform waiting for the train. It was late May, and even though the previous week was incredibly warm, today felt like winter was back for another round of misery.

She nudged her luggage with a foot and reached deep into her pocket, fishing out her mobile to check the time, when a voice from behind made her jump.

“Kate!”

She turned around to see the familiar profile of her talent agent, Brian. He was a tall, and today, seasonably-dressed with thick overcoat and a scarf. His brown eyes and sandy brown hair shone with health and excitement. “So, are you ready to move to the Big Apple?” he said with a winning smile, placing a brotherly, reassuring hand on her shoulder.

“Y-yeah. I mean, I went there once. But I was little…so, I think so.” She said, almost answering his question with a question.

Brian laughed and checked his own mobile. “It’s nearly time. We should sit nearer the front of the train – it’s quieter at this time of the day.”

Moments later, the MTA train boarding out of Poughkeepsie rumbled in, blasting all the platform’s occupants with a chilly blast of air and hissed to a stop. Kathryn couldn’t help but admire the efficiency of the people exiting the train. Everyone seemed to know where they were going and their movements were economical and efficient with no one running into another person.

She smiled up to Brian who ushered her forward with a hand and helped her with her luggage. As promised, they had a roomier carriage in the front. Of course, Brian had told her that as the train neared the city, it would be making stops at Beacon, Cold Spring and the like, so that by the time they were nearest to the city, they would be packed in like sardines.

She took the aisle seat, as he insisted she should, and looked out as the train chugged lazily out of the station and headed for New York City.

Brian excused himself and placed a phone call as Kate peered out the window, watching the trees and buildings pass her by. She took notice of her reflection in the mirror and tucked one loose strand of ash blonde, shoulder-length hair back behind her right ear. Kate was a pretty girl of 21. She was 5’9’’ and a trim 105 lbs. Her bright blue eyes, C-cupped breast, toned body and country-girl smile were what had caused her to career to take a sudden turn for the better.

Just a few weeks prior, Kate had graduated from the University of Binghamton in New York State with a degree in commerce. She hadn’t found a job in her field, despite responding to many numerous applications, so she went back to her student-job of busing at a café that mainly catered to the university crowd.

One sunny day a young man had come in and ordered coffee. Kate was serving an elderly couple in the booth opposite. When another waitress had brought the man his coffee, she had tripped on the cane the elderly man had next to his booth and spilled the contents of the coffee all over the young man’s papers, shirt and exposed forearms. Kate saw the whole thing go down and was there in an instant. Her family had brought her up well, so lending a hand and helping out was second nature and made Kate a real asset to the waitressing staff. She began offering extra napkins and apologizing – even though it wasn’t her who committed the infraction.

Quickly, the man saw that it was a mistake and waived off apology after apology from the other waitress. Then he spotted Kate.

“I am SO, SO sorry sir. I’m completely to blame. Here, let me help—“ placated the other waitress.

“No really miss. It was an accident. I am alright, just a little startled. It landed on my papers mostly.” He had said, taking the last of the napkins the woman had handed him to mop up his now-soaking documents.

“Here,” said Kate offering him a fresh stack, “Those ones look done to me.”

“Yes, thanks.” He said with a laugh.

Shrugging her shoulders indifferently, she placed a few more napkins in the table and turned to go when he put a hand over hers, stopping her.

“Uh, Miss?” he said, taking his hand away and gazing up at her. “This might seem a little forward, but you are very pretty. Have you ever done any modeling?”

Kate put a hand to her throat and laughed, “Who, me?” and thought, ‘Jeez, this guy probably uses that line all the time to try and pick up girls.’

He gazed at her for a few more seconds. No, gaze wasn’t the right word. More like examine. Much like one would look over a prize horse. But for some reason Kate didn’t feel creeped out. He looked away for a second and dabbed at a few more papers. Kate watched as the young man picked up the less-sodden sheets to one side and began to sop up the other sheets. Reading the paper up-side down, she saw the headline, ‘Talent Agency – Modeling - Upstate NY’.

‘Oh’, she thought, ‘he’s a talent scout.’

She heard the tinkle from a bell that hung over the door and looked up. New diners had just come in and were being seated in her zone. The server had handed the new couple a pair of menus and gestured in Kate’s direction. Kate read her mouth say ‘your server for today will be Kathryn.’

“Well, thanks for the extra napkins. And here—“, he offered her a business card, “just in case you change your mind. We’re doing a casting interview just up the road over the next 2 days for a local commercial. Think about it.” He paid and tipped modestly and, with hand outstretched with the papers, he dabbed them with finality and stuffed them back into a folder and left. Kate looked down at the card. His name was Brian Stern, Associate Scouting for Modeling talent for all of New York.

Kate put the card in her front pocket and put the whole matter out of her mind as she approached the new table. “Hi, I’m Kathryn and I’ll be your server. Today, our specials are—“

++++++

Putting the key into the lock of her student apartment, Kate went to the fridge to grab a bottle of water and an apple. She plunked down on the sofa and, with mild disgust, picked up a wet towel which belonged to her roommate and with a flick of the wrist, propelled it to the edge of the couch, far away from her and turned on the television.

“Hey stranger,” came a voice from behind her.

“Hi Steph. I moved your towel.” She said, her eyes flicking through the channels, nothing seemed appealing, not even the majesty of the Discovery Channel, one of her favorites.

“Oh! Thanks! I forgot where I put it.” Said Steph, coming around to the side of the couch, picking up the towel. Kate looked out of the corner of her eye and saw that Steph only had a towel around her head, the rest of her body was naked temporarily as she re-wrapped herself in the towel.

Three years ago, when Kate had moved out of the dorms and to an off-campus housing, she had met Steph. A girl who was also in Commerce. The two had hit it off immediately and signed up for a double to cut down on rent. It was about 2 seconds after they had moved in together for the start of the second year that Kate had found out that her roommate happened to have an exhibitionist streak about her. The first occurrence was when Kate was in the bathroom on the toilet. Steph just opened the door, naked with toothbrush in hand.

“Morning.” She said in the monotone voice of the recently-awoken person as she drew the water and hopped into the bathtub shower with semi-transparent shower curtain. Kate was so shocked that she was speechless and remained on the toilet until her roommate had finished showering, toweled off and left the room. From then on, it could only get better. Kate had voiced her concern and it sorted itself out for the most part.

Kate wasn’t afraid of seeing another woman naked. After all, she had played lacrosse all her life and had been in locker rooms where being naked was just another thing to get used to. Still, she just didn’t like to be surprised every 10 seconds.

“So big plans for you this evening?” said Steph, tightening the towel around her chest.

“I don’t know yet – some television to start, I guess.” Said Kate, who still flipped absent-mindedly through the channels. Lazily, her phone burred in her pocket. A text. She fished it out, and as she did so, a small white card tumbled out onto her lap.

Instantly, she remembered the man from earlier in the day, the spill, the mess. And the modeling offer. She looked at the text, which was from her sister asking if she was free this weekend. Sending back a hasty reply, Kate got up off the couch and went into her room, tossing the remote to Steph who caught it and sat down to ESPN.

Closing the door, Kate thumbed the card in her hand then began pacing her room. ‘Me, a model. Yeah right. I thought models needed to be strung out on coke and live on nothing but competition and adrenaline.’ Every time she paused to look down at the card, the less and less impressed she became.

She sat down on the edge of her bed and put her head in her hands, thinking. After a while she sat up, and noted a smudge of makeup on her palms. She went over to her full-length mirror and began to right herself. Then she began surveying her face more closely.

She always thought she was good looking, but not drop-dead gorgeous or anything like that. Kate turned in the mirror and sucked in her tummy, pushed out her backside and stuck out her chest and made a kissy face. The whole concept made her laugh at herself and of models in general, but her opinion softened a bit.

She picked up the card off her bed, reached for her phone and began to dial his number.

++++++

Latest posts

Back