Mandatory stay at home weight gain?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

mostly harmless
Way too much snacking lately.Sorry folks but the dreaded D word.
I know the feeling. I have to unbutton almost all of my pants if I'm sitting down for long, and my once slightly loose shirts are all now hugging 'curves' that were not so much there a couple of months ago. Part of me loves it, but at the same time I was at a size that let me feel somewhat fat without making life too much challenging, and I'm not sure I want the extra challenges for the sake of only my own appreciation.

Good luck on the D-wagon, and I'll be pulling for you!

fat_elf

I don't know how I'd have managed it, but I do sort of kick myself for not having magically predicted the lockdown, just in time to convince female friends to move in with me somehow, and then buy a load of flour before it all vanished. I could have had a house full of "taste-tester" women who weren't allowed to go to the gym, gradually gorging more and more each day and gaining all around me, with nowhere to go to get clothes in bigger sizes as they outgrew them all...

Tempere

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” -Michael Scott
I don't know how I'd have managed it, but I do sort of kick myself for not having magically predicted the lockdown, just in time to convince female friends to move in with me somehow, and then buy a load of flour before it all vanished. I could have had a house full of "taste-tester" women who weren't allowed to go to the gym, gradually gorging more and more each day and gaining all around me, with nowhere to go to get clothes in bigger sizes as they outgrew them all...
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” -Michael Scott

Tempere

Today I said, "Frak it," and went to an appointment in my sweatpants, 'cuz real pants just ain't happenin' until my new, bigger ones are delivered.
Hopefully I won't outgrow them before they arrive.
Whether you have gained or not, it’s totally acceptable to leave the house in sweatpants. I haven’t left the house in real pants more than 6x since the quarantine started

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Whether you have gained or not, it’s totally acceptable to leave the house in sweatpants. I haven’t left the house in real pants more than 6x since the quarantine started
Oh, I wasn't making a judgement on wearing sweatpants in public. I apologize if that's what I made it sound like.
Sweatpants in public are absolutely ok.
It's just not something that I normally do, personally.

(You can blame my father and his military-like rules as I was growing up [he was career Navy]. Some of that stuff got ingrained, regardless of whether or not I agreed with it.)

I mean, I'll wear them without a second thought if I'm going to a drive-thru (not getting out of the truck), but the thing yesterday was a scheduled, sit-down,
face-to-face appointment at the vision center to order my glasses.
Not a situation in which I feel comfortable dressing-down, but I just didn't have the energy to try (and fail) to struggle into my jeans.

Last edited:

Tempere

Oh, I wasn't making a judgement on wearing sweatpants in public. I apologize if that's what I made it sound like.
Sweatpants in public are absolutely ok.
It's just not something that I normally do, personally.

(You can blame my father and his military-like rules as I was growing up [he was career Navy]. Some of that stuff got ingrained, regardless of whether or not I agreed with it.)

I mean, I'll wear them without a second thought if I'm going to a drive-thru (not getting out of the truck), but the thing yesterday was a scheduled, sit-down,
face-to-face appointment at the vision center to order my glasses.
Not a situation in which I feel comfortable dressing-down, but I just didn't have the energy to try (and fail) to struggle into my jeans.
Not at all, sir. Just saying it’s totally ok. I wasn’t trying to incite the other thought either. I’m all for people doing themselves whatever makes them comfortable.

Group builder