Marijuana and gaining

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Blackbean

Hare Club For Men Member
Some people seem to do very well on it, others not so much. I'm in a different situation now than I was years ago, wondered if it would be enjoyable and helpful more than before. Not so sure; maybe not.
Don't know if its me but is seems different now, its like 2 hours & its done, which is more like DMT or something in duration, which I personally like more than booze as its cleaner with less residual effects.

Blackbean

Hare Club For Men Member
I don’t recall them lasting much longer than smoking it, only that they crept in rather than hit you when it took effect.

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I’ve never needed to smoke much to get stoned, I used to joke that my friends would spill more than I’d smoke. One of my cookies would do me, while my then-boyfriend and our friends would have two. From what I remember, the edibles gave a deeper high, with more of a slow burn to them, but they definitely didn’t last five or more hours. Maybe it’s different with all the new strains these days.

Blackbean

Hare Club For Men Member
I’ve never needed to smoke much to get stoned, I used to joke that my friends would spill more than I’d smoke. One of my cookies would do me, while my then-boyfriend and our friends would have two. From what I remember, the edibles gave a deeper high, with more of a slow burn to them, but they definitely didn’t last five or more hours. Maybe it’s different with all the new strains these days.
I haven't first hand but someone I knew who was a regular smoker had a pal that ate some gummies & ended up just rolled up in a ball in bed for like 8 hours in a not very peasant state of mind, he told me this as a bit of a warning as when I decided to dip back in a bit when the state north of me went legal I really didn't want to smoke as I'm a runner now & was going to opt for tinctures. I ended up going the dry herb vape route which is also a bit different, or at least it seems that way to me, a little more of a challenge to get a good hit &/or gauge usage at times.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Edibles have always intrigued me, but I'm hesitant because I believe I'd become easily addicted and dependent.

yayfat

I might build up a bibilography here. Marijuana (or at least, certain cannabinoids that predominate in some strains?) may help take weight off or keep it off. My own experience suggests that trying to get heavier will cause health issues, so switching that off may be in my best interest. Maybe this is a way to do it. I have had the sensation of 'burning hotter' in the hours after I smoke, maybe literally burning off those calories.

Popular language article -
The Odd Science Behind Marijuana And Metabolism
The Odd Science Behind Marijuana And Metabolism - Marijuana consumers eat 600 more calories per day than the average non-smoking person. But, for some reason, those extra calories don’t necessarily turn into fat. How is that possible?

Scholarly research article - biochemistry
Bellocchio L, Cervino C, Pasquali R, Pagotto U. The endocannabinoid system and energy metabolism. J Neuroendocrinol. 2008 Jun;20(6):850-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2826.2008.01728.x. PMID: 18601709.

Another thing I'm curious about is low-dose naltrexone. Naltrexone blocks opioid receptors and is a useful drug in addiction treatment. The low-dose nalxtrexone regimen has been found helpful for autoimmune disorders & other conditions. Wonder if it's of use in 'food addiction' too, and wonder if there's any interaction or similarity in effects with cannabinoids.

Naltrexone And Marijuana

Vivitrol was found to enhance the pleasurable qualities of marijuana used for recreational purposes. However, naltrexone interaction with marijuana is not associated with significantly increased imminent risks to a person’s health. Patients who use medical cannabis should not discontinue the treatment without talking to a doctor. In some cases, certain side effects of low-dose naltrexone such as insomnia and headaches might be amplified by marijuana.

Last edited:

LarryTheNoodleGuy

Funny, in my entire life I never tried to smoke marihuana - not even a single time, not even a whiff.
How does it actually feel being high on marihuana?
I know, getting high may be hard to describe... like how does Tuesday taste? But still, I am curious. Sorry I must sound like a little kid 🤔
Hi Emily!

There is smokin' and there is eatin' and there is vaping, each of which produces different feelings. There is "Sativa" which tends to make the brain active, and "Indica" which is for chill-fests. There are also hybrids - a combination of the two.

How does it feel?

Smoking (Sativa, my poison) turns your mind 90 degrees, away from its chatter and into another realm, which for me is creativity, and you feel like there is something "in your face," like you definitely know you are "on something." Unlike most people, I smoke some Sativa and snap into action and have never gotten "the munchies." I will just take a little bit and clean the whole house, and yours, too. Also great to puff a bit and get into bed with your favorite partner, then have a nice snooze afterward. You might also find yourself communing with animals, nature, or the people close to you in a more intimate way.

Eating - depending on the dose, eating makes you feel "everrythinnnnng's finnnnnnnnne!" Good for the beach, for having sex, for just forgetting your troubles. Edibles also last as long as 12 hours. For instance, last night, Christmas eve, I dipped a pinky into a container of cannabis-infused peanut butter and I still feel it 12 hours later, this morning. Coffee blasts that away!

Vaping - also a major chill fest, a mind-number and senses-enhancer. This is for when you don't have to be anywhere or see anyone, good for hikes, or being in nature and also having sex. Or when you are in physical pain, vaping can ease it.

Some people have terrible reactions to cannabis, but the only way is to try it, or to leave it completely alone. They get paranoid or feel their mind is going to explode. It's definitely not for everyone, and it should be used responsibly and sparingly, like everything. And don't drive, please and thank you. And don't send any business emails because you are likely to include an "I love you, man!" in there. :)

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
I'm a huge fan of CBD oil, and I've already loaded up today. It doesn't get you high, but for me it's amazing for anxiety. Holidays always stress me out, and it helps level me off. You can function normally, drive, etc. Not really on topic when it comes to gaining, I'm just a fan.

Cannabis is legal here in Canada now, and society hasn't been destroyed by it. If I do partake in THC, I use Indica strains as it helps me sleep. (It's also good for binge watching Rick and Morty.) I like using oil in spray form for that. It takes longer to kick in, but I find it easier to control the high as I don't like to be too zonked. I don't like alcohol, so this works for me.

EmilyEW

Hi Emily!

There is smokin' and there is eatin' and there is vaping, each of which produces different feelings. There is "Sativa" which tends to make the brain active, and "Indica" which is for chill-fests. There are also hybrids - a combination of the two.

snip-snip
Thanks, LarryTheNoodleGuy, I like the description you gave! Kind of makes it a bit more clear!

Mr. Jigglesworth

A true Meatierologist.
Funny, in my entire life I never tried to smoke marihuana - not even a single time, not even a whiff.
How does it actually feel being high on marihuana?
I know, getting high may be hard to describe... like how does Tuesday taste? But still, I am curious. Sorry I must sound like a little kid 🤔
It's better than being drunk, you don't slur your words. Its a warm fuzzy feeling in your head, things that were funny sober are more often hilarious. It enhances what you're feeling at the time. Frankly its quite fun, I'm high now, getting ready to post an interesting question on the board. Stay tooned😂😂😂😉

yayfat

Seems I'm not as hungry (but I still eat out of habit, possibly not as much) in the hours after partaking. But in the following days, abstaining, I feel more drawn to chow, may make up for it and more, and it seems more readily to get put on. holidays have been generous. Not really sure what factors to credit/blame. I did read that people who'd been regular (?) users but quit sometimes gained a lot.

As for the whole experience, I may not enjoy it enough to continue. I do seem to experience 'profound' (well, different) thoughts than when not high. Not particularly pleasurable thoughts. But I forget what I was thinking w/in a few seconds 🙃. And, it makes my heart race. Always did, but I was a lot younger back then.

Interesting thread, lots of personal testimonials. My impression of the comments... Some gained while smoking, most lost. Some lost after quitting, most gained.... Quitting Marijuana - will i gain weight? | Cannabis Addiction discussions | Emotional & Mental Health center | SteadyHealth.com

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
Marijuana and gaining?
With a space cake, is the problem the marijuana or the cake? ;)
We used to make rock cakes. They didn't seem to have the unpleasant effects on me that I usually get from cannabis.

Reactions: Aqw

Blackbean

Hare Club For Men Member
Some people seem to do very well on it, others not so much. I'm in a different situation now than I was years ago, wondered if it would be enjoyable and helpful more than before. Not so sure; maybe not.
For me its always hit or miss, last night was a miss, but I think this is true of many things in life, fruit isn't always sweet...

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I haven’t had any in years, but this thread makes me want to have some again. Mostly because in the right company sex was always great while stoned, and I could really do with some good sex. But I’d also really like some cheesecake, and enjoying that while stoned would be so good.

Last edited:

Latest posts