Marriage Weight Gain

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

EpsilonCool

She went from 280-360, then she had WLS and went down to 260 and now has settled around 310.
If WLS stands for Weight Loss Surgery how did she gain weight?

My sister is having a gastric bypass next week and its a pretty major thing to have done if its not going to work?

Oh and my girlfriend has gone from 160lb to 347lb in 12 years. Not sure what her cup size is but it is pretty substantial. You certainly don't have to tell the lie about more than a handful being a waste.

Durin

Who Knows?

The WLS did not work the way she wanted it to, and there have been several severe complications.

It was something that I was not in complete agreement with but it is her body and I supported her decision.

What can you do?

altered states

señor member

My sister is having a gastric bypass next week and its a pretty major thing to have done if its not going to work?
At the risk of getting this bounced to another board, but there are many cases of people having WLS, losing weight, and then gaining it back, plus some more.

fatmac

24 years ago I was 175 on my wedding day. This morning I was 330. 20 pounds and I am twice the man she married. For her part she was about 180 then and now is near 325. She humors my fat obsession but is glad I am fatter.

I hope another few years will keep the trend going.

Peace
Mac

Cheshunt75

When I first date my g/f 13 jears ago she was 140 now she is nearly 200 and we merry in six mont. Hope It helps to gain a littel bit more after married.

Ho Ho Tai

Any true stories of thin people gaining weight after marriage or during dating? Maybe because they married or dated a heavier spouse bf or gf.
When we married, I gained about 250 lb. and Mrs. Ho Ho gained about 185 lb. And we've kept it for nearly 20 years now.:)

curt

Any true stories of thin people gaining weight after marriage or during dating? Maybe because they married or dated a heavier spouse bf or gf.
No, I don't believe I've ever even heard of such thing happenning...::rolleyes:

EpsilonCool

I got a phone call from an colleague I used to work with who I remember as being fairly trim. I won't say she was skinny but certainly below 140lb.

We got chatting and the conversation got around to what had changed since we last met and it was the usual rhubarb grumble blah blah. She suddenly said "Oh and I way just over 26st (just under 370lb)".

She said that she was fine, maybe 15-20lb heavier after having her first 2 kids but on the 3rd pregnancy she was expecting twins and gained just shy of 100lb during her pregnancy. She had some complications following the birth plus a long illness and the result was massive weight gain.

Some women seem to snap back after pregnancy but for others it seems to screw up their metabolism.

Cheshunt75

One point is breast feeding. My g/f made a long time breast feeding an eats a lot of food. After stopping the breast feeding she still eats the same ammount of food! Thats now on her hips ;-)

EpsilonCool

Yeah, thats a point. Burns a lot of calories but gives immense sugar cravings.

That's why they recommend having a hot sweet drink to hand while feeding.

Ichida

My guy has gained about 10 lbs since we started dating...just sort of came on naturally, because he was starving himself before. It may also have something to do with the fact I love cooking, he loves eating. I love feeding him (like spoon to mouth, not feederism per say) and he loves being fed...

It looks AMAZING on him. We are going out this weekend to buy him a new pair of pants, I promised him I would since I made him too chubby to fit into his old ones by accident..oh well hehe

CuriousKitten

Absolutely Adorable
OK so I have the tale of dating, marriage and divorce. When I started dating my now ex he was 210 lbs. I was 140. When we got married (5 years later) he was 286 and I was 170. When we got divorced I had been 196 at my highest (currently 192) and he had gotten down to 250. None of this had been planned. My ex hated being big :(

But now I have a new guy AND have decided to indulge with him. We met in October and I was 185 and he was 293. Now it's January and I'm 192 and he's 306 :D

Adrian

??
My wife had an intestinal bypass surgery lost weight initially then, gained some back. The surgery is not a permanent cure-all!

The WLS did not work the way she wanted it to
It was something that I was not in complete agreement with but it is her body and I supported her decision.
What can you do?
I know the feeling of being trapped in that situation. When married my wife was a size #24 and over the next seven years her weight increased slowly but surely, up to a size #32. It was the best time in my life! I knew I loved BBWs, now I found I loved SSBBWs more!

But.... as you said, it was her body.

After her bypass surgery she went down to a size #18. Then rose slowly up to a size #22.

Adrian

Durin

I don't want to completly derail this thread but I think WLS is something that is entered into way too easily. Because of the WLS my wife has had 3 count em 3 Hernia operations to repair the damage. Abdominal Hernias are not that uncommon once they cut the Abdominal wall.

It puts an FA in a bad place. Sure you might prefer your partner bigger but you want your partner to enjoy living life as well.

I'm a big guy and I can certainly relate to the fear of "I am too big for me."

That said a succesful WLS is an FA nightmare. At least when it comes to the story's that they plaster on People magazine where folks are down to skinny minnie after the wonders of surgery.

EpsilonCool

There is a lot the magazines don't tell you about weight loss surgery.

The full blown gastric bypass means
  • You have to take vitamins for life
  • You need Vitamin B6 injections otherwise you get symptoms similar to Altzheimers
  • If you want to participate in something active then you are limited by the fact you can't take on board enough slow burn calories

Over time the remains of your stomach do stretch to allow you to eat more but for a long time aftewards you will not be able to eat more than a spoonful at a time.

The people who say it has made their life better seem to be the ones who were pretty much housebound with very little quality of life.

The ones who say that, given the choice, they wouldn't do it again seem to be those who were large, but reasonably active and healthy.

There is a perception bandied around by the media that thin is good. My opinion, based on no science what-so-ever, is that the range of healthy weights is far wider than people would have us believe.

Russell Williams

At the risk of getting this bounced to another board, but there are many cases of people having WLS, losing weight, and then gaining it back, plus some more.
a friend of mine had weight loss surgery, lost a lot of weight, and gained most or all of it back. She told me she went to the doctor and asked him what to do about the weight gain after weight loss surgery.

According to her, the doctor told her that she had to use dieting and exercise to keep her weight down. She said that at that point she yelled at the doctor, "If I could've kept my weight down by diet and exercise why would I have spent almost $20,000 on weight loss surgery?"

Yours truly,

Russell Williams

vegeta8300

My wife started gaining weight before we were married, but has even more since we have been married. She started getting bigger while we were dating and I came out to her that I was an FA and wouldnt mind her bigger. Since that she has slowly gotten bigger. Sometimes faster than others. We have been married for 4 years now and she has settled at around 225lbs, it seems to be a plateau, but we both like it there.
Now me on the other hand, my weight goes up and done due to medications and an illness. So I am at 125lbs now, but just started the meds that have brought me up to 200lbs in the past. My wife is looking forward to it :) me too.

atcAlan

I Love Sweet Pears
My wife and i have been married for 20 years. When we met she was 115lbs at 5'4" size 4. I was 135 at 5'11". We started having kids imediately and she gained significant amount of weight that she didn't loose between children. At the same time my metabolism slowed down as well as my active life style and I slowly climbed the scale. Niether of us actively tried to loose weight and I at least was more than happy with my wifes increased size. She wasn't totally thrilled although she was happy that I loved her the way she was. I would love her at any size and told her i would support her efforts if she choose to loose. Today I am between 195 and 200lbs size 38 pants and she is around 210-215 and size 16-18. The couple that weighs together stays together I guess.

fat hiker

Hmmm...I'm not married but a neighbor of mine was a couple grades behind me in school (I went to school with his older brother). I know the brother better.

Anyway, this guy got married some years back. He was a skinny kid in school and was slim when he got married. He and his wife currently have 2-3 kids, I forget how many at present. I'd say the wife is currently "average": she's not as thin as she was before the kids but she's not super-heavy either.

I'd say the guy has gained considerably more weight than she has. He's quite a bit bigger than I am. I'd say he's put on 60-70 pounds since he got married and is a lot bigger than before he got married.

Why'd the guy get so big? Beats me and it's not my business. They're a nice young couple and they appear to be very happy together.

Dennis

Sympathy weight gain during her pregnancies? I know several guys who gained weight when their wives got pregnant, and gained about as much over the pregnancy as their wives did - 20-35 pounds or so. The difference is, delivery day came, and while she dropped 12-20 pounds in a few hours, he didn't! Most of the guys lost most of the extra weight slowly, over the next couple of years, but one of the guys didn't, and in fact grew again when his wife had her second pregnancy.

Maybe that's what happened to your neighbour.