Meat Loaf - RIP

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Proof that a charismatic, difficult but talented fat guy can make it to the top! And he did it in the 70s when, if you look back at pop culture, there were NO fatties except comedians. Felt his "Fight Club" appearance with fake boobs was played for laughs and I didn't think it was funny, but I never think stuff like that is funny. RIP Marvin Lee Aday.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My older siblings got Bat Out of Hell when I was too young to catch all of the implications, but I can really say that I grew up on his music. He was also one of the first bits of common ground that my wife and I found when we were first feeling out our relationship, and his was the first concert we went to together. And we still pull out Bat Out of Hell II (or whatever it is called) several times a year -- he and Jim Steinman made one heck of a team.

All of which is to say, this one hit me hard this morning. I'm sorry to see him pass away.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Ah... I heard about this earlier on the radio, I'm so sad. I loved his music, it's exactly my style, and he's such a charming guy. Not to mention being a BHM icon, of course. Loved the long hair back in the day. What a loss for the world.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Great choice of song, Agouderia. I always loved the line from that song "And if life is just a highway - then the soul is just a car"

Drive on, Meatloaf.

RVGleason

Real Gone Music is releasing a 2-cd set of the recordings of Meat Loaf and Stoney.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
I would do anything for love but I won't get vaxxed- meatloaf January 2021...
Sorry I have no sympathy for vocal antivaxxers.

Latest posts