• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Middle and high school...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Guy You Met Once

So, I'm writing a webcomic about a fat, socially awkward girl who secretly develops an elaborate imaginary fantasy world to escape from her real life.

The plot - unless I rewrite it - takes place over 5 years, during which she goes from 7th grade to her senior year in high.

She's bullied and teased at school for her weight and awkwardness, criticized by her family, and becomes increasingly withdrawn and asocial - preferring to live vicariously through her thin, sparkly Mary Sue alter ego in the world she controls - because of it.

I want to portray the kind of things someone like her would go through realistically, so I figured that asking you all about your personal experiences would be the best way to go about it.

I know from firsthand experience what it's like to be the fat kid no one likes, having gone through it almost constantly since elementary. The memory of having my shoes tied together, then being tripped and dragged-face-down through the dirt is probably a large part of who I am today - but I don't know if girls are treated differently.

BTW: After I sign off in a few minutes, I probably won't respond to this thread for at least a month or two. I'm borrowing a computer to post this as I don't have access to the internet at home and it's restricted at work, so don't think I'm ignoring you.

Latest posts

Back