Quantcast

Mila Kunis - Fat Swan

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

coriander

Fudge Nugget.
I don't think it matters one bit if she's a public figure. She's still a human being who deserves to be respected and accepted as she is, and that is my opinion so please respect it? I wasn't going to go further into this because I wanted to respect the person who fantasizes about her being fat (even though I don't agree with it, to each their own), but I am already being disrespected and judged for my opinions by being called ridiculous.
She has without a doubt been photoshopped before in magazines and such. I would venture a guess and say it's more damaging to see yourself altered so that your appearance is more "ideal", from the perspective of the larger society. I don't see how it's disrespectful for her to be photoshopped to make her look fatter, unless you see being fat as a negative thing. Like, if somebody photoshopped me to make my skin blue, I'd be like :huh: and move on. Or, maybe I'd like it, who knows. My point is that it's not a bad thing. The photoshopper just made her look different (NOT worse, mind you!), and she's made to look different whenever she appears in magazines, so...

Not sure how much sense that made, as it's late and I am drifting off.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
She has without a doubt been photoshopped before in magazines and such. I would venture a guess and say it's more damaging to see yourself altered so that your appearance is more "ideal", from the perspective of the larger society. I don't see how it's disrespectful for her to be photoshopped to make her look fatter, unless you see being fat as a negative thing. Like, if somebody photoshopped me to make my skin blue, I'd be like :huh: and move on. Or, maybe I'd like it, who knows. My point is that it's not a bad thing. The photoshopper just made her look different (NOT worse, mind you!), and she's made to look different whenever she appears in magazines, so...

You made the point better than I did. Unless one thinks fat (or appearing that way) is a negative thing, why would one be offended or assume the subject would be?

MissAshley

Enigma

Fatness is not the point. I don't think fat is a negative thing. My only issue is not about her being photoshopped to be FAT, it's about her being photoshopped into a state that she isn't in reality. I would have just as much of an issue with it if she were to be photoshopped to be thinner or with blonde hair and blue eyes.

coriander

Fudge Nugget.
Fatness is not the point. I don't think fat is a negative thing. My only issue is not about her being photoshopped to be FAT, it's about her being photoshopped into a state that she isn't in reality. I would have just as much of an issue with it if she were to be photoshopped to be thinner or with blonde hair and blue eyes.
I'm not sure why photoshopping a public figure (which she is, as CastingPearls pointed out) is a problem, unless we are talking about harmful ideals. There are celebrity photoshop contests on Worth1000 all the time, for example, and I think they're fun to look at: http://www.worth1000.com/galleries/celebrity. But maybe you'd disagree (and that's ok). The photoshopping in these cases is clearly not real (as is the image the OP made). The really insidious thing is photoshopping that is not apparent as such and that makes a person look more like the societal ideal, which perpetuates unrealistic norms re: physical appearance.

Basically, I just see a distinction between what was done here and what is typically seen in a magazine, that's all.

fat9276

Don't ever look at ANY magazine pictures again then <shrugs>

LovelyLiz

I definitely don't agree that magazines photoshop models whatsoever.
Wait, what? If you google the name of any fashion/women's magazine (Victoria's Secret, Vogue, Self, whatever) and the word "photoshop" you will get lots and lots of hits of examples of times magazines photoshopped their models.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I definitely don't agree that magazines photoshop models whatsoever.
As a former print model, I can assure you that magazines photoshop EVERYTHING. They call a lot of it 'airbrushing' but they do a lot more than soft focus stuff.

MissAshley

Enigma
Whoops, I'm sorry. I guess the way I worded that didn't come out right.

I meant to say that I don't agree with the fact that models are so airbrushed/photoshopped these days. I am a model myself and I understand why they do it, but I still wish they would feature unretouched images more.

Caleb

It's nice to see my work has sparked discussion. Thanks to all those of you who complimented my work, I'll be posting more soon or you can find my site (which I'm not allowed to talk about as that would be advertising... not too hard to find though).

The way I see it is my curiosity for BBWs and my awakening as an FA date back to the first time I saw my teenage celebrity crush gain weight. It made me wonder and see things in a different light and I've always been thankful for that.

Also, I used to photoshop models which was really depressing and so I see morphing as an anti form of airbrushing. It's a statement that any alteration can be made and beauty is beauty at any size.

cl6672

I've always thought she was hot but seeing as a ssbbw is a real fantasy!!