Models getting fat

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

alk27alk27

Breaker of eggs.
Has anyone noticed on social media more and more former “models” deciding to get fat? I haven’t noticed this as much in men but it seems to be a growing trend in female circles.

Is this real? Am I going crazy? Is this the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon?

Last edited by a moderator:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Mod note: This was originally posted here in a BHM board thread but I thought I would move the post to its own thread in the BBW board as it fits better here. =)

extra_m13

it is more common to see curvy models for sure, my guess it is focused on models who were always struggling to stay in that super skinny unnatural category that is not attainable for everyone, decided to eat some food, gained curves, and people like it, surprise ! there are some really beautiful ladies out there showing off real curves and rolls and cellulite, it is a thing of beauty

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator
Has anyone noticed on social media more and more former “models” deciding to get fat? I haven’t noticed this as much in men but it seems to be a growing trend in female circles.

I think it's less that models are "deciding to get fat" but rather, with body acceptance/body positivity having a greater spotlight, bigger girls are making a name for themselves in the modeling world. The media is giving more time and space (no pun intended) to these lovely ladies and also the men. Plus, with the additional platforms (facebook, twitter, etc.) there are so many places to see and be seen.

alk27alk27

Breaker of eggs.
Ok so what I’m hearing is Baader-Meinhof. This is great. The world is fatter then I imagined.

John Smith

No. It's simply a confusing conjunction of either social maturity, better self-esteem, eating binge issues, "iNtUiTiVe eAtInG" , clout-chasing and/or middle age spread.

That was probably already occuring - a few contempoary details take aside - prior the advent of the Social Media Era. Internet simply rendered it more public.

Super Fan

I saw a comic book where, thanks to technology people's lives will get physically easer and easer and they will have better tasting food. That combination will cause their weight to take off. Fat will be common, super fat will be average and ultra-fat will be a third of the people. In the comic book people were being carried around by robots so they can relax as they are going places. Hmmm the future looks very exciting.

alk27alk27

Breaker of eggs.
I saw a comic book where, thanks to technology people's lives will get physically easer and easer and they will have better tasting food. That combination will cause their weight to take off. Fat will be common, super fat will be average and ultra-fat will be a third of the people. In the comic book people were being carried around by robots so they can relax as they are going places. Hmmm the future looks very exciting.
You just described the backstory to wall-e dude.

JDavis

DM Supporter
I think the pendulum is just swinging back to short and stocky being in fashion. My generation of wealthy mothers was short and stocky. They had wealthy short stocky sons who wanted to marry tall thin women (still smaller than them). Now their wealthy tall thin sons want to marry short fat women (still smaller than them). There will never be any tall stocky or short thin models if this trend keeps up though!

JDavis

DM Supporter
Thin people won't have any more success getting fat than fat people have getting thin. Other than a small range, we do not have much control over our size.

Latest posts

Group builder