Quantcast

Most embarrassing fat moment?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HayleeRose

We also had physical fitness tests at the beginning and end of every year, those were fun, not. We had to do a vertical jump, push ups, pull ups, sit ups, 40 yard dash, and a few others. It was great for your whole class to watch you fail again and again.
Guh, we had those stupid tests too, we had to have qualify for national or presidential scores, i hated them.

We had one test where you had to race someone from point A to point B and pick up an eraser off the floor then run back put it on the other side then go back and get the other one and do the same thing. I hated this the most, once while doing it, i fell on my face in front of everyone...horrible tests.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I was supposed to do tests but faught so hard to get out of them that I didn't ever do them. In high school, I never took Phys Ed and it's one of my last 3 required credits left to get my high school diploma. Yeah... I dropped out in time to not do it, lol.

But my most embarassing fat moment was when I was in a play for school and they decided that since I'm fat, my character should be funny. I had to do some ass shaking (butt towards the crowd) kind of dance, in front of 750 people a night for 3 nights, in high school. Not a slutty ass-shaking dance. No... more like the ones people generally tend to laugh at, which is what they wanted. And to make it more unfair, if I didn't agree to do it, they would kick me out of the play :( So... I did it. Utterly mortified.

A close second is from another play I was in where they made me climb up blacked out wooden stairs in pitch black, and then come down a set that was only 16" wide, then came to a rather steep angled thing to walk down. In front of one of those 750 people crowds, I tumbled down from about 8 steps from the angled thing, and the angled thing was 2 feet off the ground... and another time I slipped on the angled thing.

Mortified beyond mortified.

LovelyLiz

I do remember the weigh-ins in elementary school, and how everyone's weight was called out (I think to be recorded). And I definitely remember that my weight was in the 40s while all the other girls in the class were in the 30s. That felt really shameful at the time.

Then, I took dance classes from ages 5-17, and was always basically the fattest one in the class (this didn't bother me too often, though - plus, I pulled my weight in the dancing skillz ;)). Anyway, when the time would come for us to order costumes, the teacher would measure us with a tape measure to find out our sizes, and call out all our measurements to the person who was recording them. Sometimes this also felt pretty shameful or embarrassing.

What is the deal with calling out children's measurements and weights in front of other children? Seems like a lot of us have this story.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Yeah, I definitely can relate to having my weight called out in front of everyone. I thought I had gotten past the whole being weighed in school thing once I got out of elementary school but my high school somehow won this grant to get money to improve our gym facilities and get some new equipment and in order to see how our fitness improved from year to year (supposedly due to this new equipment:rolleyes:) we had to be weighed every year.. this started when I was in 10th grade and to my knowledge, is still being recorded. Luckily, they don't yell it out anymore.. we got to go behind a curtain with just the gym teacher. However, we had to write it on the same card we recorded all of our other fitness test scores on.. and then all the cards were put in a pile, and at the beginning of each gym class the pile would just be set out and everyone would claw through it looking for their card.. and I was like just like SERIOUSLY, I do not need anyone to see like 280 pounds (or whatever I was then) written on my card. I was also highly embarrassed by my gym teacher thinking she was doing me a favor by knocking off like 20 pounds or so.. she's like wellllll, we'll round down.. like okay you just subtracted 20 pounds, that isn't rounding down.. honestly I think she didn't want me to sway the numbers so much so they could keep the grant. However, it didn't end up mattering because at one point I got my card back and written on a sticky note attached to it was EXCLUDE FROM COMPUTER DATA. By the time I was a senior the new rule was that you'd go behind the curtain by yourself and record your own weight.. someone most have complained. It wasn't me but I certainly appreciated it. I also never wrote the number down until the final day we had to hand the cards in to avoid anyone else seeing it. Also, by the time I was a senior I no longer cared about gym class or being embarrassed. I hardly ever bothered to change clothes even.. most of the time I'd still be wearing my flats and jewelry and everything.. and when it came time to do anything I couldn't do, or didn't want to, I'd be like nah I pass. The gym teachers knew me by then and let it go 99% of the time. Most of my friends were the same way even though they were thin.. by the time you're a senior though, they're done arguing with you about it. It helped having friends equally not care about gym with me though. I remember me and a group of about twenty other girls literally walking the mile.. we made it about half way before the class ended and they didn't even bother writing our scores down or having us redo it.. we were all a month away from graduating and they wanted us out of their hair anyway. I'm so freaking glad I didn't go to a college that required a gym class.. here's hoping my 4 year school of choice is the same way.

sallybbw82

I went to a Starbucks with one of my sisters (whose also large) and two of her friends. We sat in the Starbucks to drink our coffee. The choice of seats was some spindly looking wooden chairs or a sofa. My sister suggested the sofa which seemed a good idea and I assumed she been there before.

When we both sat on the sofa it was real, real low. The two other girls sat on some of the wooden chairs. It was weird sitting there talking because both of them were sitting so much higher than us.

When it came to leave my sister managed to get up. I just couldn't do it because the darn couch was so low. I managed to come up with a cover story that I needed to make a quick call so my sister and her friends went out to the car. But in front of everyone else in Starbucks I had to slide forward out of the couch onto my knees, then turn and use the sofa to push against to get myself up. When i got to my feet i was out of breath and i look round and it felt like eveyone was just staring at me. It was so bad. And as I walked out i had to ask someone to move their chair in so I could get through and i practically yelled at them because I was so awkward.

Paul

Pretty sure my most embarrassing moment was yesterday.

I went out to dinner with a friend. We decided to go get tacos at this place he really likes (its pretty authentic) and then wander around the mall until he was hungry again (he wanted to try sushi.)

We get to the Mexican restaurant, and the waiter seats us. Now, he gives us a booth, which is fine, because this place has large enough booths that I can fit behind... except this booth seems smaller than the others.

A few minutes pass, we get our drinks, we're talking...

The waiter shows up at the door of the section we're sitting at, with a friend, points at me, and they start laughing. *edit: I speak some Spanish, and I heard (and understood) what he said. He was laughing about the fat woman squeezed in the booth.*

I refused to leave a tip. What a jerk.

He was more than a jerk. I would label him an a$$hole! I'm not sure if it would have added to your embarrassment, but if I had been there I would have suggested speaking to the restaurant manager and telling him what the waiter said and did. Hopefully he would not be employed much longer.

Johannes

I went to a Starbucks with one of my sisters (whose also large) and two of her friends. We sat in the Starbucks to drink our coffee. The choice of seats was some spindly looking wooden chairs or a sofa. My sister suggested the sofa which seemed a good idea and I assumed she been there before.

When we both sat on the sofa it was real, real low. The two other girls sat on some of the wooden chairs. It was weird sitting there talking because both of them were sitting so much higher than us.

When it came to leave my sister managed to get up. I just couldn't do it because the darn couch was so low. I managed to come up with a cover story that I needed to make a quick call so my sister and her friends went out to the car. But in front of everyone else in Starbucks I had to slide forward out of the couch onto my knees, then turn and use the sofa to push against to get myself up. When i got to my feet i was out of breath and i look round and it felt like eveyone was just staring at me. It was so bad. And as I walked out i had to ask someone to move their chair in so I could get through and i practically yelled at them because I was so awkward.
Dear Sally,

Your should not be embarrassed at all about having difficulties getting up from a low sofa. Even skinny people may have to struggle to get up from low seats.

I am sure many men would be delighted to see you at that cafe. As a gentleman I would have come over and offered my assistance.

AmazingAmy

There's too many to count, but one in particular has always stuck with me because I can't help but regret I didn't deck the guy right there and then. I still haven't forgiven him for all the other bullying he bestowed on me, but there's not much I can do about it now.

We were in Biology and someone proposed we all play The Weakest Link. I didn't want to because the group wanting to play weren't my friends, so I knew I'd get voted off straight away, but I got roped in anyway. I survived the first round, but when it came to voting off the second person they all homed in on me, being the outsider. The game host (a girl who was also quite nasty to me, having thrown heavy textbooks at my head and put gum in my hair that had to be cut out) asked the aforementoned guy what his reasons were for voting me off, and he just shouted with the biggest grin on his face, "because she's fat and ugly!"

The whole class laughed their asses off, partly enjoying the joke, partly trying to appease an arsehole who would turn on anyone who didn't. And all I did, stupidly, was laugh it off. God forbid I should've looked like a bad sport and knocked his fucking teeth out.

Great, and now I've made myself feel like shit. :doh:

Szombathy

[FONT="Tahoma"
We were in Biology and someone proposed we all play The Weakest Link. I survived the first round, but when it came to voting off the second person they all homed in on me, being the outsider. The game host (a girl who was also quite nasty to me, having thrown heavy textbooks at my head and put gum in my hair that had to be cut out) asked the aforementoned guy what his reasons were for voting me off, and he just shouted with the biggest grin on his face, "because she's fat and ugly!"
:doh:[/FONT]
what a terrible story and what an insecure and conflicted person the gentleman who said that to you must have been. That at least should give you solace.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you must know how unfathomable it is that anyone would ever call you ugly.

AmazingAmy

what a terrible story and what an insecure and conflicted person the gentleman who said that to you must have been. That at least should give you solace.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you must know how infathomable it is that anyone would ever call you ugly.
Thank you very much, Szombathy, that's really kind. :)

bigjayne66

Belly Queen

At the risk of stating the obvious, you must know how unfathomable it is that anyone would ever call you ugly.
I Agree.
Amy,you are beautiful,and don't let anyone tell you otherwise !!!

Anjula

the bitchy one
There's too many to count, but one in particular has always stuck with me because I can't help but regret I didn't deck the guy right there and then. I still haven't forgiven him for all the other bullying he bestowed on me, but there's not much I can do about it now.

We were in Biology and someone proposed we all play The Weakest Link. I didn't want to because the group wanting to play weren't my friends, so I knew I'd get voted off straight away, but I got roped in anyway. I survived the first round, but when it came to voting off the second person they all homed in on me, being the outsider. The game host (a girl who was also quite nasty to me, having thrown heavy textbooks at my head and put gum in my hair that had to be cut out) asked the aforementoned guy what his reasons were for voting me off, and he just shouted with the biggest grin on his face, "because she's fat and ugly!"

The whole class laughed their asses off, partly enjoying the joke, partly trying to appease an arsehole who would turn on anyone who didn't. And all I did, stupidly, was laugh it off. God forbid I should've looked like a bad sport and knocked his fucking teeth out.

This guy was blind ,wasn't he? (omitted the fact, that he was totally jerk which is obvious)You're really beautyfull!

AmazingAmy

I Agree.
Amy,you are beautiful,and don't let anyone tell you otherwise !!!
This guy was blind ,wasn't he? (omitted the fact, that he was totally jerk which is obvious)You're really beautyfull!
Thank you, ladies, you've made me feel so much better - and flattered - this evening. :) Haha, I shouldn't think about it - some kids are just mean!

runningman

Construct a likeness of this imbecile out of papiermache (thats probably spelt entirely wrong) and then pound it to destruction with your fists. Obviously this won't be the same as doing the real thing back when it happened but at least you get to vent your anger. AND you get to play with arts & craft stuff. :p

AmazingAmy

Construct a likeness of this imbecile out of papiermache (thats probably spelt entirely wrong) and then pound it to destruction with your fists. Obviously this won't be the same as doing the real thing back when it happened but at least you get to vent your anger. AND you get to play with arts & craft stuff. :p
Repped! What an awesome idea. :p Despite what he said about me the guy was pretty 'distinctive' looking himself, so I should be able to work from memory!

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter

Ohhh Amy... he was obviously blind and an idiot. And I am not an advocate for fighting but had that nasty girl ever thrown books at my head and/or put gum in my hair, I would have taken her OUT! What a wench!:mad:

AmazingAmy

Ohhh Amy... he was obviously blind and an idiot. And I am not an advocate for fighting but had that nasty girl ever thrown books at my head and/or put gum in my hair, I would have taken her OUT! What a wench!:mad:
Thank you, Bri! :) And Lord only knows why I didn't! I always get too mad too late!

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
Thank you, Bri! :) And Lord only knows why I didn't! I always get too mad too late!
I was the same way but I always had a "snapping" point :p There was this guy in highschool who used to make fun of me for being big/tall and always kicked my seat on the bus. I tried to ignore him for a long time. He caught me on a really BAD day one time and I turned my body to kind of lay on my back in the seat and I kicked the s*** out of his legs (and I have/had pretty strong legs)! Needless to say, he never bothered me again and the look on his face was priceless :D

AmazingAmy

I was the same way but I always had a "snapping" point :p There was this guy in highschool who used to make fun of me for being big/tall and always kicked my seat on the bus. I tried to ignore him for a long time. He caught me on a really BAD day one time and I turned my body to kind of lay on my back in the seat and I kicked the s*** out of his legs (and I have/had pretty strong legs)! Needless to say, he never bothered me again and the look on his face was priceless :D

Go you, Bri! I hope the sucker got some proper bruises. Violence ain't always the answer like you say, but we're only human, and the only way to release aggression sometimes is to do something physical. A punching bag isn't always as freeing, either. :p

Someone rep Bri for her ass-kicking temper!

Paul

How awful Amy. He truly was the ugly one. Looking at you avatar picture it is obvious that he needed glasses since he could not see how beautiful you are, both inside and out.

Latest posts