• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My Athletic Friend - 1-7 - by Weightwatcher (~BBW (multiple) Eating, Imagery, ~MWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW (multiple) Eating, Imagery, ~MWG – an athlete discovers the eating zone

(Editor's Note: Another ressurected classic - including additional chapters never before published on Dimensions)

My Athletic Friend
by WeightWatcher (translated from German by Bellyrubber);
(Adapted for the current century by the Observer)

Chapter One

In the gym, Julia was my best friend. We spent a lot of time together, mostly playing sports. We played a lot of volleyball together, and she recently made the school's varsity basketball team. As of her Junior year she was 5'10" tall, and 139 pounds of pure muscle -- not an ounce of fat. She was the kind of girl who seemingly could eat whatever she wanted and not gain an ounce, which is why so many girls in our class were jealous of her. Of course she did avoid fast foods and a few other things.

I did too. I always tried to get in shape through sports like she did, but in the past three years it had gotten much harder. I wasn't able to preserve the type of figure I had when I was fourteen. When I reached my full height of 5'7" that year, I weighed only 106 pounds. Too thin, my mother thought. But that certainly remedied itself -- with puberty arrived a more feminine figure, and for a brief time I had the kind of figure I only dream about today. At 15, I weighed 119 pounds and had measurements of 33-22-33. I was in seventh heaven! But the pounds accumulated, and when each birthday passed, I had gained at least another 20 pounds, in spite of volleyball and regular swimming.

At the beginning of this year, when I brought 165 pounds to the scale on my 18th birthday, , I was finished with volleyball -- I couldn't get to the simplest balls anymore! Since I finished with sports, my chocolate consumption climbed considerably.

Julia, on the other hand, was still playing volleyball and was still on the basketball team. Puberty had only made her body more athletic, rather than furnishing it with layers of fat. I was envious. She had no double chin, no rolls of blubber on her waist, no wobbling rear end -- a dream!
However, she was not so feminine. She had next to no breasts and only a hint of hips. In spite of that, the boys followed along behind her -- and I had a date every two months if I was lucky. But we got along wonderfully, and my weight played almost no part in our relationship.

It was after the sports season was over and spring break was past the that Julia invited me to breakfast one morning. It was an egg scramble with beef and veggies plus toast and rolls. She was proud of her handiwork and wanted my opinion. She had spent the week with her Aunt in the country, and was talking enthusiastically about recipes and the different kinds of delicious foods she had eaten there.

"My Aunt totally spoiled me! Every day at noon she cooked a real three-course meal, and sometimes we would still be eating into the evening. Imagine that! I don't believe I've ever eaten as much as I did last week! By the end of it, I couldn't fasten my jeans!"

I guess she was admitting she’d gained something, but I couldn’t tell it. What was noticeable was a changed attitude.

"I have the calorie-collector for both of us right here," I said, and patted my belly.

"My Aunt has absolutely no respect for calories. I think she can't cook at all without cream!"

"Isn't that the Aunt who is somewhat plump herself?"

"Yes. She weighs 240 pounds, but she doesn't mind. Look, she gave me some cake to bring home!"

Julia held out a large container with marble cake and fruitcake and took a piece of each. She had already eaten two rolls and three pieces of toast! That was new -- before, if she had eaten that much, she would have been full.

"Hey, you're really getting into this, aren't you!" I had had to quit after one slice of toast because I couldn't fasten my largest pair of jeans this morning.
"Yes, eating is fun! I wouldn't have thought that before. Do you think that I've gotten too fat?"

"Oh stop! With your metabolism you can probably still eat whatever you want and not gain weight."

"No, I gained two or three pounds last week. But as soon as I start exercising again, I'll lose it. That is, if I can lose this new appetite."

As she spoke, she took another pieces of cake. Now I could no longer restrain my hunger. "Oh well, give me the box too. One pound more or less doesn't matter for me."

"'That's right. . . only don't let it spoil your appetite,' my Aunt says at least three times every day."

To end this part of the story, we finished breakfast just before noon, having eaten half of both of the cakes. We were so full that we both gasped for air and held our bellies when we got up. I had more to hold than Julia did.

"I guess that this 'lunch' turned out OK," she said, then belched loudly and laughed. "I felt just like this all last week."

On the way home, I noticed with a curse that my pants were giving me trouble. Naturally, I had to unfasten them so the cake could work its way comfortably into my stomach. Oh man. . . not a good day for my waistline!
Julia had never been a big eater, but now I noticed it changing. She was eating more at school, and afterwards. And she did resume her exercising for the rest of the semester. But she was definitely eating more. The results did not appear to be showing though and I was bummed.

Chapter Two

Our Junior year ended and summer sessions began. No Phys Ed or sports teams there. The stress of homework, nervous teachers and stupid classmates were operating in full gear. And of course the classday is shorter – possibly because of school finances, possibly because of the heat and lack of air conditioning. Whatever, on the fist Tuesday, Julia and I were both finished with our classes by 12:30.

"Hey, I feel like going to McDonald's. Do you want to come?" Julia was hungry again, something that was becoming more and more usual.

"Sure!" At home I would just have stuffed myself again with cold pizza, so why not eat a small salad at McDonald's? I took the smallest salad and decided to pass on the dressing. Julia ordered two cheeseburgers, a large order of fries with mayonnaise, and a large Coke. She brought them to our table and complained about the homework she’d been loaded with. Internet or not she was going to have to go to the library and source an essay from actual books.

"You haven't forgotten your Aunt's motto, have you!" I commented, my eyes widening.

"I'm just hungry today. And I'm sick and tired of the yogurt and granola my mom always gives me for lunch. Would you have thought that cheeseburgers could be so delicious?"

"Oh yeah," I answered. "Look at me and you'll know the answer to that question."

She looked surprised and shook her head.

"Oh stop! I honestly don't think you're too fat, Bettina!"

"I might agree with that if my body looked more like yours does."

"No honestly. I don't think a few more pounds are so bad."

"Well, just wait. If you keep feeding yourself like this, it'll happen to you too."

"I guess so. I'm still a little hungry. I think I'll get something else."
Believe it or not, she had devoured both her cheeseburgers and the fries! And I was still nibbling on my salad. . .

When she went to the counter, I noticed for the first time that her jeans were struggling to contain a genuine butt, and her thighs were stretching the material to its limit. She really seemed to have gained weight. For the first time ever, she had something like feminine curves, although she was still a long way from being fat. But her ass did wobble a little -- it had never done that before.

She returned with a Big Mac and a regular burger with some more fries and another coke.. "I couldn't decide. They both looked so delicious in the pictures on the wall!"

And these two "calorie-bombs" also disappeared into her stomach in no time at all.

"Oh man, if I ate as much as you, I would probably weigh 240 by Christmas!"

"But you don't play sports anymore. I'll work off these burgers this afternoon jogging, no problem!"

When I went by her house that evening, I saw a light on in the kitchen. Her parents were away again, and I rang the bell. Julia opened the door, munching on something. She turned red when she saw me.

"Hi! I thought you’d be at the library or something.

"Um. . . yeah. . . I don't feel so well, so I stayed home."

"Too much to eat?"

"No. I'm still hungry, whether you believe it or not."

I could see through her tight T-shirt that she had opened her jeans. Through the opening -- I could hardly believe my eyes -- was a round little belly. The calories she was consuming were certainly doing their work.

"You can't fasten your jeans anymore, can you!"

"Yo mama!" she said, and rolled her eyes ironically. "Did you come just to tell me I've gained weight? Either come in and eat this casserole with me, or leave."

I quickly decided on the casserole, which appeared to be made of egg noodles with cream of mushroom soup topped with cheese. Some microwaved frozen peas were in it as well, along with sliced mushroomns It was truly a joy to eat as I recalled how little enjoyment I had found in the dressing-less salad I had had for lunch.

"Were you waiting for someone?" I asked, astonished at the amount of food.

She blushed. "No, I've already told you that I'm hungry. I was planning to save some of this over as well."

It became a very "nourishing" evening. Between us we ate the entire casserole while cheerfully helping ourselves the sodas in the fridge. When we had finished eating, we were stuffed. It was obvious to me that my belly had reached a record size, and Julia's waist no longer had much resemblance to its former self. Somewhat exhausted and unable to stand, we sat on our chairs.

"I'm afraid that by tomorrow I'll have reached 175," I said with a groan and patted my swollen belly. “A new record for my weight chart. That is 70 pounds more than I weighed when I was fourteen years old!”

"You keep records on your weight?" Julia said incredulously.

"Sure. A girl has to know in which months she gains the most weight."

"And which ones are those, usually?"

"November and December. About ten pounds every year. Last year, I also gained at least nine pounds in October. It looks like it will be a really fat Christmas!"

"I've never kept a record of my weight. I don't think I've gotten much fatter this year so far though. I guess since its spring and summer itsd safe by your account."

Julia wasn’t the brightest bulb on logic –especially when it came to being in denial. She was enjoying eating I could tell, and who was I to argue with my gut that enjoyed it as well.

"But you look somewhat plumper than you were this Spring!"

"Yes, I guess my jeans have gotten somewhat tighter. But I don't have any idea how much I've gained."

"Then you should get on the scale. Right now!"

"What. . . now? When I'm so full?"

"Sure! I'll weigh myself too."

She couldn't think of any more objections, and so we went into the bathroom where the scale was.

"With clothes or without?"

"When you want to know exactly, you have to do it without."

She took her T-shirt off and slipped out of her jeans. And -- surprise! -- there was no way she was as lanky as I remembered her being in the locker room. Her thighs had become more substantial, and it was clear that the new weight wasn't muscle. For the first time, she had a real butt, with two round, yielding, wobbling buns. But that was nothing compared to the changes in her waist! Arched out in front of her was a globular little belly. A belly that had formerly been completely flat. If I hadn't seen her eating, I would have assumed she was pregnant.

"What are you staring at?" she asked somewhat testily.

"Well, you really have gained a little weight recently. Just look at your belly."

"Yeah, I see myself. But I'm still a long way from having rolls of blubber like yours!"

Now she was being unfair! First, she tells me that a few pounds more or less don't matter, and now she abuses me about my rolls. And it's not even true! I mean, my belly does form considerable rolls, but only when I have to sit down. At the moment, standing with tight jeans and a blouse that was too small, my belly looked spherical and quite plump. No rolls. Nothing hanging over the belt. Nothing.

As I stood there in the bathroom and Julia took her first step onto the scale, it occurred to me that my bra had become too small. My boobs bulged out the sides of the cups! Small rolls of fat oozed out everywhere! And I had just bought the bra a few months before. Oh well, a few pounds will do that.

The scale's dial swung back and forth, moving more and more slowly until it finally stopped just under 155. Julia gave a short cry and sprang off the scale.

"That can't be right! I can't have gained sixteen pounds in the last three months! That can't be!"

"Well, I'm not surprised, considering the amount of food you've been devouring! Besides, a few pounds more or less doesn't matter, as you said yourself."

Julia was silent for a moment, but then gathered her senses. "I'll lose it all exercising. And now you get on the scale."

Because I already foresaw how it would turn out, it wasn't so bad for me. I hefted my poundage onto that small appliance that has such great power to lift or depress the spirit, and took a deep breath while sucking in my gut so I could read the numbers. It wasn't just 175. . . it was 180!

Immediately, I remembered all the meals I’d been eatingduring the past three months: the breakfast at Julia's -- that had added two pounds; the numerous clandestine visits to McDonald's for large orders of fries -- surely five or six pounds; my recent consumption of chocolate (I had "discovered" 1/2 pound chocolate bars and for the past two weeks made sure to have a "two day supply" on hand) -- again, five or six pounds; and od course the casserole and sioda fest we’d just completed.

"What I wouldn't give to rid myself of some of these pounds!" I thought.

"Well, how much is it?" asked Julia, from the edge of the bathtub where she had sat down. Did I detect a roll of fat on her waist?

"170," I lied, because I didn't want to give her any more ammunition to attack me with this evening. "I haven't gained that much. Only five pounds since Spring."

I was surprised about telling such a daring lie, and asked myself whether my round belly would betray me. But Julia was so depressed about her weigh-in that she didn't have any suspicions. Anyway, I was already so chubby that I could get away with lying about a few pounds.

I tried to comfort Julia by telling her that, for someone who was 5'10", 155 pounds was definitely not on the road to obesity, but her mood couldn't be salvaged. She sent me home and wouldn't even let me help her clean up the kitchen. At home, I took a good look at my protruding belly in the mirror. For "only" 25 pounds overweight, it was really quite impressive. Before going to bed, I decided to finish off the rest of my chocolate supply. . .

Latest posts

Back