My fellow video game nerds, whatcha been playing? Part 1

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolish Fool

the new Advance Wars comes out today. that oughta keep me busy for a few months. :smitten:

Count Zero

Dethroned Emperor
I just started playing Dungeon Keeper II again. I have too much fun with the game. "It's good to be bad." ;)
Dungeon Keeper 2 rocks! I loved being able to smack your creatures if they weren't working hard enough (or if you just wanted to be mean to them).

My preorder for No More Heroes comes in tomorrow. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on that game!

Foolish Fool

the new Advance Wars comes out today. that oughta keep me busy for a few months. :smitten:
oh, the heartbreak!
i cancelled my preorder and didn't by Advance Wars DoR after all. not after reading the reviews. they stripped away nearly all of my favorite features from the previous game -- war room mode, survival mode, unlockable multiplayer maps, dual screen battles.
basically the game is just a story mode and versus mode. :( if i want that, i'll play Fire Emblem.
:( i'm sad now.

RevolOggerp

I've been playing "Ages of War" online. It's a flash game where you build soldiers and turrents, while trying to defend your base and attacking their base. As you gain experience points, you are given the opportunity to evolve to a more advanced army... cavemen... knights... swordsmen... soldiers... and spacemen.

I'm thinking about going back to Command & Conquer: Generals soon. :)

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
Anybody have both Guitar Hero and Rock Band. How do they compare and how is Rock Band's solo player campaign?

James

vibeout
I discovered that I had Townsmen 4 on my cell the other day. I seem to have problems keeping my monks alive but apart from that its a decent waste of a few mins....

Allie Cat

I just picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. It's quite interesting, kind of reminds me of Pokemon meets Dating Sim meets Devil May Cry... Also I'm still playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, which is exceptionally creepy, especially since it's relatively firmly rooted in reality.

=Divals

Count Zero

Dethroned Emperor
I just picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. It's quite interesting, kind of reminds me of Pokemon meets Dating Sim meets Devil May Cry... Also I'm still playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, which is exceptionally creepy, especially since it's relatively firmly rooted in reality.

=Divals
If you liked Devil Summoner, you should try Persona 3 (it's from the Shin Megami series). Interesting balance of being a high school kid during the day (tests, girlfriends, etc.) and fighting demons at night. I've been glued to Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword recently. I'm a sucker for Sid Meier's games.

For the Half-Life fans, here's a video of an eight-year-old's Half-Life 2 fan fiction animated using Garry's Mod. I just found it hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs&eurl=http://kotaku.com/

Allie Cat

I've been trying to find a copy, but the cheapest I can find it for is $40... and being unemployed that's a bit out of my price range.

=Divals

Foolish Fool

here's a question:
what's the most money you've ever paid for a game (above $60)?
was it a collector's edition package, or a rare gem you had to buy online?

Allie Cat

The most I've ever paid for a game was $55, I think. It was the Halo 2 Collector's Edition, pre-ordered. I generally try to pay no more than $20 or $30 though.

=Divals

Count Zero

Dethroned Emperor
I paid a shade over $60 for the Xbox Doom 3 Collector's Edition. It came in a shiny metal box.

I'm a whore for any game that has some kind of special stuff thrown in. Heck, Bully came with a dodgeball. Now that is good marketing!

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
I think paid around $90 for Shadows of the Empire for the N64 when it first was released. When people complain about the average price for a new release 360 and PS3 game being $60 I think they are forgetting how beastly expensive cartridge games were. I'm pretty sure I paid around that for Final Fantasy 2 and 3 and Phantasy Star 4 when they were released too.

Mathias

SAMCRO
I paid $60 for the Special Edtion of Resident evil 4. It came with a booklet detailing the backstory of the series and pictures of some of the characters, I believe.

Blondzilla

Someday I Suppose.
Anybody have both Guitar Hero and Rock Band. How do they compare and how is Rock Band's solo player campaign?
I have both of these! Rockband's solo player campaign sucks it.. it is NOTHING like the band world tour (which you do have to play with a minimum of two players) its actually kind of boring in a way.. after you play the number of required songs, it just tells you a new venue opened and its all just a list and your scroll down it.. just one page.. which bits.. but, you do unlock a ton of free clothes and gear which is nice.. but other then that, its not too exciting.. gutiar hero 3's solo campaign is rockin, its awesome.. you get to battle against tom morello (whom i hate) and slash.. i hope i am not queen spoiler on this for you sorry lol anyways, guitar hero isn't bad on the single player campagin, it is way more satisfying then rockbands by far.

If you don't have someone to play rockband with on a normal basis, its not worth buying it just for the single player action (unless you have xboxlive buddies..its fun to play online with other..we do that all the time).. Its actually introduced me to a lot of songs I didn't know, didn't care about and couldn't stand and made me listen to and like them better, thats for sure lol
plus the download content so far seems pretty cool, I haven't bought any new songs yet, but i am planning to within this week.. you can use the songs you bought in the game, they become part of the world tour and solo modes, so thats hot..

anyways.. sorry for the babble fest lol I hope my rant helped some what!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts