My fellow video game nerds, whatcha been playing? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

GamerGainerGirl

FatFairyBabe
DimensionsModel
Excitedly awaiting DA Inquisition, taking a bit of time off from FFXIV due to funds, and playing Borderlands the presequel :D
Athena for me and Wilhelm for my fiance. Definitely plan on doing a claptrap play through if for no reason other than I bet he makes hilarious comments. The no need for Oz would be a huge bonus too.
I am loving the gliding and jumping! At first I was like "ahhh run faster, stop flinging around!" but once I got used to it loveee it, and it was weird to be in normal grav areas.

GamerGainerGirl

FatFairyBabe
DimensionsModel
so i just took back shadow of mordor. it doesnt make sense to me why i didnt click with this game. Im a HUGE lord of the rings fan, and i liked the assasins creed games, but for some reason this didnt quite hit the mark with me. heres to hoping the next assasins creed game is great!
I love it!! I have heard other people say the same thing as you though which makes me sad :(

hots_towel

I love it!! I have heard other people say the same thing as you though which makes me sad :(
well dont get me wrong, it's by no means a "bad" game, but i didnt feel that instant hook i usually feel with most games.

I think what was a little deterring to me was the fact that the entire thing takes place in mordor. half the fun of the assasins creed games was blending in with the crowd and running all over the city. I would KILL to be able to do all that stuff in Minas Tirith, or to have a horse and run around the plains of the mark. Tolkein has such a beautiful world to see, why have it all in one place?

GhostEater

I've been loving Assassin's Creed and all...but it's getting kind of repetitive. They could've switched up some of the Save Citizen missions at least, or had me disrupt the bad guys' operations.

Speaking of which, I get that these nine guys are bad in their own way, and they're all Templars looking for the Piece of Eden, but what really connects their activities together.

And another thing! The Piece of Eden part of all this is just out of nowhere. Maybe it's just me, but the ancient alien astronaut stuff kind of cheapens the story. Without it, it still would've been an awesome game about conspiracy shadow-governments warring with one another.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Tried Destiny, was as terrible at it as I expected. One day I'll learn that I'm just not suited to FPS..
Yeah, I've been avoiding it for pretty much the same reason. I don't mind FPS mechanics on a game where it's mostly story (mass effect) or there's weird fun mechanics to it (bioshock and borderlands) but if it's just a "hey, shoot your friends... And this 2 hour story mission" I kinda lose interest.

Highsteppa

Kneel before Zod
Call of Duty - Advanced Warfare is a very nice return to form for the franchise.

Holy shit, did Ghosts ever suck.

None

Enemy of Office Furniture
Finished up Sunset Overdrive the other.

Still need to finish up Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Anyone like TF2???
I played that a bit on my PC. I like it, but my PC sucks for gaming. Once I get a good gaming PC I'll be playing so many PC games.

I want to get Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, but have yet to get the money for that and have bills so... *dead*

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Not playing technically but spent last night watching a friend corrupt the original legend of zelda. Playing through glitches like his sword firing out bows (not arrows... Just bows) and all the music going super crazy... It was an experience.

Deacone

For Azeroth!
Not playing technically but spent last night watching a friend corrupt the original legend of zelda. Playing through glitches like his sword firing out bows (not arrows... Just bows) and all the music going super crazy... It was an experience.
That sounds nothing short of awesome lol

Forgotten_Futures

FYI, Worms Armageddon is 80% off for the next 22 hours on Steam. $3 should be a steal for that old classic.

shadowedmorning

Pfft. Facebook is icky. Ask me for my Skype if you
Looking at getting either a PS4 or XBox One for Christmas, not sure which yet, though. Based on the console games and consoles you guys have been playing lately, do you have a recommendation?

As for what I'm playing right now, same old, same old. Been picking at games here and there waiting for the WoW expansion; Rift for a while, picked up Portal 2 again, busted out GTA: San Andreas for nostalgia's sake.

None

Enemy of Office Furniture
I definitely recommend a PS4. I've only touched my Xbox One (for review copies) and Sunset Overdrive. I don't see myself touching it again until Quantum Break next year. On the other hand, I play my PS4 all the time. Plus, it will have some good first-party stuff next year (early- Bloodborne and The Order) and later (Uncharted 4).

Also, heads up to you nerds, Target is running their sweet Buy 2, Get 1 free game deal next week (coinciding with Halo Collection and Assassin's Creed).

Adamantoise

Existing in several dimensions
For the majority of playing time, I've been in training mode trying to nail some of these combos and moves in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - yes, I know I can't shut up about this game at the moment but I'm really enjoying it. I've been using Akira from Virtua Fighter in training mode, and I'm having a hard time with some of his moves... :D

aeris

My PC is still down so I decided to revisit some older PS2 games. Settled on Digital Devil Saga since it's one I haven't beaten yet. Got all the way to the end before but never finished the last dungeon, but its been so long that I forget everything. Oh well, time to start over from the beginning :)

My brother got a PS4 for his birthday, so I might borrow it later and see what's to play on there after he goes to work.