My fellow video game nerds, whatcha been playing? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Allie Cat

I've been playing Demon's Souls [PS3] nonstop. Oh my dog, this game is so hard. But it's fun, too... though, I gotta say it's horribly frustrating when you have collected over 10,000 souls and then some archer gets a lucky shot in and kills you.

Edens_heel

Finished Uncharted 2 on hard mode last night... loved ever damn minute of the game, though the final boss battle did piss me off a little bit. Then again, it had a good ending, which is something that one almost never sees in games.

Basically, this is one of the best games I've ever played. I've never experienced something that has such a tremendous sense of environment and momentum. And it wasn't a brilliant story, but it was engaging and told in a unique enough manner that I was sucked in from beginning to end.

I think the Chapters Desperate Times, Locomotion, Tunnel Vision, Siege, and Cat and Mouse might justbe some of the best event-levels ever crafted.

If you've been on the PS3 fence at all, this is reason to get off it. It actually does live up to the hype, which I don't experience often with games anymore.

Now to beat it on Crushing difficulty... because apparently I hate myself:doh:

RobitusinZ

re: Uncharted 2
Hey Edens, is there a difference story-wise in the game between Hard and Normal? If I played it on Normal just for the story, would I be satisfied? Uncharted isn't my typical type of game, but I had to play Force Unleashed and Mass Effect on Hard because I blew by Normal too easily. BTW, Uncharted 2 also has a perfect 10 score on it from Game Informer (Gamespot's magazine, which I get).

On another note, I finally installed Demigod after having downloaded it weeks ago. I got turned on to the game after playing the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3 (which I recommend for any WoW players out there who have WC3). It's a pretty obscure game, but the gist of it is that you play a "Hero" character in the middle of an RTS war. The units all move automatically...your job is to influence the war. You do that by killing other Demigods, empowering your own units, debuffing enemy units, outright killing enemy units, destroying structures, etc. There are a LOT of side things to do during each individual battle, so having only 1 unit increases the playability of the game. It's accessible by anyone who's into action RPGs like Diablo or Sacred. I don't have good RTS skills (played through WC3 on Normal for the story), and I'm able to play on the Hard difficulty and have a good, fair challenge.

Edens_heel

Hey Edens, is there a difference story-wise in the game between Hard and Normal? If I played it on Normal just for the story, would I be satisfied? Uncharted isn't my typical type of game, but I had to play Force Unleashed and Mass Effect on Hard because I blew by Normal too easily. BTW, Uncharted 2 also has a perfect 10 score on it from Game Informer (Gamespot's magazine, which I get).

On another note, I finally installed Demigod after having downloaded it weeks ago. I got turned on to the game after playing the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3 (which I recommend for any WoW players out there who have WC3). It's a pretty obscure game, but the gist of it is that you play a "Hero" character in the middle of an RTS war. The units all move automatically...your job is to influence the war. You do that by killing other Demigods, empowering your own units, debuffing enemy units, outright killing enemy units, destroying structures, etc. There are a LOT of side things to do during each individual battle, so having only 1 unit increases the playability of the game. It's accessible by anyone who's into action RPGs like Diablo or Sacred. I don't have good RTS skills (played through WC3 on Normal for the story), and I'm able to play on the Hard difficulty and have a good, fair challenge.
Nope, no story difference in any way. The hard and crushing difficulties are simply there for self-abusers like myself who are determined to get all the trophies (to note: I am not an achievment/trophy whore of any kind, only when it comes to the Uncharted series, as I love them so).

With respect to the story, though, I would highly recommend you also play the first Uncharted if you haven't already. It's in no way essential to get the plot, but the character interactions will be that much greater if you know what they went through in the first game.

Squee360

Been playing Borderlands. I also found something interesting in the game. A "dirty-mag" in the game, featuring a 300 pound woman on the cover. Saying Bigger is better. heh. But anyways the game is great.

gangstadawg

the wanderer
Been playing Borderlands. I also found something interesting in the game. A "dirty-mag" in the game, featuring a 300 pound woman on the cover. Saying Bigger is better. heh. But anyways the game is great.
is it the pc version of the game? take a screenshot of it.

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
Rented Fuel and OF: Dragon Rising both games are garbage for similar shitty open world reasons.

spartan1

nothing right now waiting for dragon age origins and all of the freat sequels that are coming out in the spring of 2010

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
Forza 3, which is nice because I've essentially been using my Xbox 360 as a Skate 3 machine since February of this year.

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!
World of Goo - Wiiware title, seriously addictive original puzzler with epic sound track, if you're wii is on the net and you have enough money to afford 1500 points then get it, you wont regret it

Matt

I've been playing Borderlands on 360, I'll have to keep an eye out, for that magazine.

Mathias

SAMCRO
I've been playing God of War chains of Olympus, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, and Burnout Legends. I love my PSP!

Lavasse

Finished Batman Arkham Asylum and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 last week, otherwise a lot of Call of Duty MW getting ready for the launch of CoD MW2 in 9 days. :D:D:D

Latest posts