My kitten has gone missing :(

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Emma

My kitten Bob managed to escape through an open window last night and has gone missing. I'm really upset and we've been out walking the streets since 6:30am and I can't find him anywhere. He's not an outside cat so he must be really scared :(

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
My kitten Bob managed to escape through an open window last night and has gone missing. I'm really upset and we've been out walking the streets since 6:30am and I can't find him anywhere. He's not an outside cat so he must be really scared :(
***hugs***

Cors

Delurking
Oh no! I hope your kitty comes back to you.

How old is he and is he familiar with your area at all? When we just took our cat in (she was abandoned near us), she disappeared for three days before showing up again.

Emma

Thanks. :)

I've just been out again to look for him but I can't find him so I'm sat here sobbing. I honestly don't know what to do :( I'm so worried.

Shosh

Susannah
I am so sorry Em. You must be frantic.:(

My mother's cat Bonny disappeared overnight for the first time ever this week, and she was a wreck. My Mum searched everywhere for her.
Luckily she turned up again at the back door.
My Mum said she was so relieved.
I hope that Bob will turn up at your back door.

((( Em)))

Emma

Me too, susannah, me too. My housemate has gone looking for him now coz I'm in a bit of a sobby state at the moment. Hopefully she'll be back with good news. If not I'll be going door to door with some flyers later and I don't care if it kills me I'm going to find him. :(

smithnwesson

Drug dealer
My dog's Vet says that when dogs get loose they travel all around the neighborhood, but cats get frightened and tend stay close to home. She also says that frightened cats frequently climb things, like trees. Hope Bob turns up.

- Jim

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
I hope you find your kitten Em. Like S&W said, cats tend to hunker down hand hide when they are scared. If you have a photo of your cat you should try putting up fliers or going door to door with a picture and ask if anybody has seen your cat. Chances are that your cat is fairly nearby hiding somewhere.

katorade

If the window is near the ground, put a box or table outside of it for easy access through the same window. Put a pair of your shoes and a can of tuna out there as well. Watch and wait.

undrcovrbrothr

Beach nut
I spent the whole night sleeping on the couch with the door wide open when my indoor cat got out... I was really, really worried just like you. He finally came back, but it was a miracle because he's such a dainty Tonkinese...! LOL

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Good advice given so far... maybe also try standing outside your door or window shaking a bag or box of his food, rattling the bag, or knocking the can opener against a can if he eats wet food, calling his name gently..

I hope he finds her way home soon, Em. I can imagine how distraught you must be. :(

Shosh

Susannah
I spent the whole night sleeping on the couch with the door wide open when my indoor cat got out... I was really, really worried just like you. He finally came back, but it was a miracle because he's such a dainty Tonkinese...! LOL
Bonny my mother's cat is a Tonkinese.

mergirl

All this advice is good Em. My cat got out a few years ago and he is a house cat too. The people at the cat shelter said that house cats never go far and i found him running out of the next flat along from mine. Look near by. I'm sure he will turn up. xx

Emma

Thanks everyone. We've been looking all day, contacted all the vets and posted on just about every local forum I could find.

We've also just been door to door with leaflets and stuck up posters around the area. So, if he doesn't wander back heres hoping someone will see how much we care and return him to us.

BigFriendlyDave

Big and Friendly
Everything crossed here. I was in a similar state a few weeks back when I had to leave my cats back in Ireland when I moved to Scotland. Can't really add more to the practical things that have been said already.

Dave

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I sure hope your kitty returns. I have such a dumb cat, i'm afraid for him if he ever gets loose.

Bafta1

Oh, Em!!! I'm so sorry your kitty's gone missing. I hope he returns home soon!