My kitten has gone missing :(

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
when my little kitty escaped a few years back, the only thing that worked for me was what someone told me to do, sit on your porch at a very quiet time of night(I did it at 2 in the morning) and just talk. I basically talked to myself and next thing I knew, there she was sitting on the sidewalk starting at me. Good luck, I hope you find your kitty...

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
Aw, Em, so sorry to hear about Bob. My siamese got out of the house one night and I didn't even realize she was missing until the next morning. My brother and I searched all over the house and he went outside to look in the street for fear that she'd been hit by a car. While he was outside calling her name, he heard her mewing and finally saw her high up in a tree. I hope Bob is nearby and comes home soon.

Hugs!

rainyday

Departed
We had our cat go missing for five days. We found him by calling his name from our backyard and hearing his meow coming from the direction of our neighbor's shed. The shed belonged to an older couple who couldn't hear his meowing. You may want to try going right up to sheds and garages and calling for your cat, then just hold still and listen for a few minutes.
when my little kitty escaped a few years back, the only thing that worked for me was what someone told me to do, sit on your porch at a very quiet time of night(I did it at 2 in the morning) and just talk. I basically talked to myself and next thing I knew, there she was sitting on the sidewalk starting at me. Good luck, I hope you find your kitty...
These are good advice. When my two went missing several years ago, they were gone for several days and we searched all over. It turned out they only went as far as the attic in the garage but even though we were right there they were too scared to come down. Finally one night I happened to sit quietly outside the garage just to think and after a long while unexpectedly heard a faint little meow from up above.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Em. It sounds like you've been very thorough trying to find him and are doing all the right things. I'll pray that he's returned to you.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Em...I hope Bob finds his way home. I was reading the thread and was going to say the same thing about being still and talking in the sweetest voice that you know he likes. He is probably hearing too many noises. I wish I could be there to look for him.

phatmariposa

Em - have you tried leaving his food out to see if you can coax him with that? Oh you poor thing!! This whole day I was hoping to come home to the thread that you've found him, but I'm sure it will happen soon!

Emma

We tried that last night. Went out with a torch, it was proper scary. I'll try and stay up later tonight and go out. Luckily round here as soon as it goes dark it gets proper quiet because it's all old people.

It's day three now so I'm really really worried.

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
don't give up Em, I found my cat on day 4

We tried that last night. Went out with a torch, it was proper scary. I'll try and stay up later tonight and go out. Luckily round here as soon as it goes dark it gets proper quiet because it's all old people.

It's day three now so I'm really really worried.

Emma

Day 5 now. No news yet. Although I think I MAY have spotted him 2 days ago but the cat I saw was too quick for me and had disapeared by the time I got to the bush I saw it run into! argh

loggamatt

My cat disappeared for about a week and a half once, no sign of her anywhere until she nonchalantly wandered in one day and asked for food. I was sure we'd seen the last of her... so don't give up hope!

Risible

Monkey Daze
The return of Bob! :)

I'm so happy you're reunited with your kitty, Em.

mergirl

He's back :D Nik found him in a bush not far from our house lol
Yay!! I'm so happy to hear that! :D You know i just had a feeling Bob would be back. Does he seem scathed in any way by his experience? Awww.. this has made me grin..give him a big cuddle from me! x

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
YAY!!:) He knew to stay close to home. Good boy, Bob! He was probably just watching you guys and laughing. :D

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
The return of Bob! :)

I'm so happy you're reunited with your kitty, Em.
Yaaaaa. Good news on the Bobster! So glad he came back!

Now, a question. I am not a cat person - I'm a dog person. But they do have a few traits in common. How about getting Bob neutered in case he left the house that night looking for love?

sugar and spice

YAY!! Em I am so happy for you. I hope little Bob is ok and appreciates the comforts of home so he won't do that again anytime soon.:):)

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
Yippee! Bob's returned. Moore has a point, a neutered male will be more likely to stay home. At 8 months, he's just about the right age to get neutered. It is best to neuter male kitties before they start marking territory and they do start about Bob's age.

fredco

So glad you found Bob!

I really felt sad when I read the first posts. I've lost some cats too, when I was a child and I could feel the pain.

So nice to get good news!

rainyday

Departed
Praise God. That's fabulous news, Em. Was he in the bush you spotted a kitty in the other night?