My very first solo art exhibit (YAAAAY!)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

OriginalCyn

Sorry, guys 'n' gals, but this isn't fat-related. Except that the artist herself is a "heavyweight" (if not in "the art world," then literally).

Anyhoo...
The nice lady who curates the Belmont Arts Council's gallery has given me the honor of having a month-long show at her venue. Most of what I do could best be described as "mixed-media abstract art painted onto fired ceramics." It's pretty different, and not the sort of thing that you'll see every day.

So, if you enjoy "modern art" and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, then you might want to drop by. Admission is always free. The hours are W-F noon-4PM and weekends 1-4PM. The address is 10 Twin Pines Lane in Belmont. (This may show up as 1219 Ralston Avenue on your online map sites, so try that if "10 Twin Pines Lane" isn't working for you.)

I am having a "close of show" reception on Saturday, 9/27, from 1-4PM. The adjacent gallery--the Peninsula Museum of Art--is having a show-opening reception on the same day, at the same time--so if you come on that day, you'll get to attend two parties and have (perhaps) twice as much fun. (NOTE: September 27 is National Museum Day in the USA, so there will probably be a lot of art venues celebrating that day.)

kayrae

doot doot doot
congrats! i live in sf so i'll definitely check it out

Ruffie

Congrats! That is very fulfilling for an artist, and I know alot of ard work went into the show! Best of luck with it!
Ruth

Mack27

AΔΦΆΓΙΑ
I used to try and get to first thursdays in San Francisco, is that still going on?

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
Congratulations, Cyn.

Would you, by any chance, be able to post some pics of your art? I'd love to see it.

(I'm not in SF!)

intraultra

big monster lover
How great! Congratulations. I like to fantasize about having a gallery show my photographs :] Hope it goes very well for you.

Also, I second Fascinita. I'd love if you posted some of your art, considering I don't think I'll make it to the show from across the country.

OriginalCyn

Yes, San Francisco still has First Thursdays. AAMOF, I plan to "do" the evening gallery hop this very week! But you need to know that Belmont is down on the Peninsula, and First Thursdays is a San Francisco gallery thing. (IOW, the Twin Pines Art Center isn't open on Thursday nights, ever--nevermind the first Thursday of the month.)

As for pics: Yes: I'm taking them today, as the gallery's curator has asked me to make up a sort of catalog to go with my exhibit. So I'll be posting those very same pix to my Web sites. (Y'all may have noticed that I have two Web sites listed below my signature. You can see pix of SOME of what's in the show on those sites right now. But I do promise to post a separate album of what-all is in the show some time this week.)

mariac1966

Puppy Love
b0d57263ebd301facc6347823a7c816c.gif

I know that feeling of having your first art show.... It is exhilarating!!

That's totally AWESOME! Congratulations! ^__^
*jump-hugs*
I'm happy for you. =3

Why does all the cool stuff have to be in California? ;-;

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
Cyn,

Thanks for the link.

My favorites are S-S-S-Skin, Mohave, and Isis.

Good work. Congratulations!

Latest posts