Name a FA character from film or TV

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Did anyone mention Bon Scott, of AC/DC, yet? I've read that "Whole Lot of Rosie" (described in the song as 19 stone, 42-39-56) was about an early girl friend of his, and that he in general liked thicker women.

Guns and Roses covered the song later on--I wonder if any of them were FA, or if they just liked the sound of the song?

dragorat

Fat & happy Rodent..:)
I just saw AC/DC in concert today on VH1 Classic & they played that song & he did mention that before they played it.I just discovered another possible Movie FA,Sherrif Bufford T.Justice!In Smokie 1 you hear him comment "Nice Ass" about a BBW Waitress at the "Choke & Puke"....could be just an ass man but I have my the feelings he liked the WHOLE PACKAGE!

maxi

There's a European (Dutch maybe?) film called SugarBabies. A subway driver is eventually seduced by a nicely big girl. It was later re-made with Craig Scheffer and Rikki Lake maybe?

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I have to disagree. Marge Simpson has in a few episodes been shown daydreaming about slimmer men. For example, she had a big crush on Ringo Starr. Lois Griffin also has been shown dating slimmer men before meeting Peter. She even dated Paul Stanley from Kiss. I think the ultimate sign she is not a FFA is when Peter had plastic surgery. She found herself uncontrollably turned on by his new, slimmer look.

There are countless sitcoms on TV with big men and their wives (Life According to Jim, King of Queens, etc.). This goes back to The Honeymooners. I don't think any of them are examples of FFAs. The men are depicted as slobs and dim-witted. Their slimmer wives are smarter and often point out to their husbands that they're too good for them. Remember Alice always ridiculed Ralph on his weight.

What bothers me is that, despite being the butt of jokes, these big guys get to have entire shows revolve around them and are paired with mainstream attractive wives. You never see the reverse done. The idea of a show staring a fat woman with an adoring and attractive FA for a husband is taboo on TV.
Except on Roseanne...which was the number 1 show for a loonnng time. Dan adored her. They are my favorite TV couple. Someone already mentioned Bagdad Cafe it's an awesome movie.

This isn't an FA but I think it's a scene enjoyed by FAs. The shower scene from Porkys Peewee is yelling at the fat girl to move her fat ass so he can see the "real" naked girls. Didn't do a lot for my self-esteem, but I do think it may have created some FAs. I saw it the other day and thought to myself how much healthier and well prettier she looked than the other girls. I think it's one of the few times that a mainstream movie put a real naked fat girl in a movie. On the downside it demonstrated to the audience that fat isn't sexy.

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)
The woman on the Perfect Storm you referred to was named Irene (remember he said "Goodnight Irene" in the bar) and his name was Mike "Bugsy" Moran Irene referred to him as "Michael"

waldo

The TV show October Road (Monday at 10 on ABC) has an ongoing storyline with a relationship between a very good looking guy and a smaller BBW. As far as I know they haven't made it clear he is an FA (I haven't been watching the show regularly). It started with a situation where the girl who works in a bar, was being teased by a drunk and the guy that later became her boyfriend pounded the drunk.

Unfortunately, the preview of next week's episode that appeared at the end of the last one showed a hint of some problems developing as the couple is having an intimate moment. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

waldo

The TV show October Road (Monday at 10 on ABC) has an ongoing storyline with a relationship between a very good looking guy and a smaller BBW. As far as I know they haven't made it clear he is an FA (I haven't been watching the show regularly). It started with a situation where the girl who works in a bar, was being teased by a drunk and the guy that later became her boyfriend pounded the drunk.

Unfortunately, the preview of next week's episode that appeared at the end of the last one showed a hint of some problems developing as the couple is having an intimate moment. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Well Eddie and Janet had sex for the first time on last night's show and they had a rockin good time. Next day she was a little nervous about whether he would want to cut and run but he suggested they hang out together for the day - to her delight. Very refreshing to see a show depict a nice romance between a good looking guy and a fat chick. It seems they are depicting him not so much as an FA but a guy who sees beauty regardless of dress size.

sweet&fat

My aim is true.
Well Eddie and Janet had sex for the first time on last night's show and they had a rockin good time. Next day she was a little nervous about whether he would want to cut and run but he suggested they hang out together for the day - to her delight. Very refreshing to see a show depict a nice romance between a good looking guy and a fat chick. It seems they are depicting him not so much as an FA but a guy who sees beauty regardless of dress size.
I don't watch the show, but now I'm tempted. I just hope that he doesn't talk about how beauty is on the inside and it doesn't matter what you like or some hackneyed crap like that!

Judge_Dre

I don't watch the show, but now I'm tempted. I just hope that he doesn't talk about how beauty is on the inside and it doesn't matter what you like or some hackneyed crap like that!
I found some clips of October Road on Youtube posted by someone called Brokenroads. There seems to be an emphasis on the relationship between Janet and Eddie. Maybe Brokenroads is a BBW or FA. From what I've seen, I don't think Eddie's a real FA. He's a reformed womanizer going out with a nice girl. Then again, maybe after having sex with her, he'll realize how wonderful a soft BBW body feels against his naked body. Once you go fat, you never go back!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=brokenroads

waldo

I found some clips of October Road on Youtube posted by someone called Brokenroads. There seems to be an emphasis on the relationship between Janet and Eddie. Maybe Brokenroads is a BBW or FA. From what I've seen, I don't think Eddie's a real FA. He's a reformed womanizer going out with a nice girl. Then again, maybe after having sex with her, he'll realize how wonderful a soft BBW body feels against his naked body. Once you go fat, you never go back!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=brokenroads
Yes he is the typical commitment-phobic single guy who confided in a friend he was hesitant to get in the sack with Janet because he typically would make a run for it after doing so with other women and didn't want to screw this one up. Doesn't appear to be an FA but did tell his friend he found Janet to be beautiful. The most recent three episodes of the show can be downloaded and watched from here. The show has some other interesting storylines as well.

Buffetbelly

Nosh, destroyer of snacks
"Booger" in "Revenge of the Nerds" is an FA and this is part of his "outcast" personna. He organizes a dance with a sororoity of fat girls, Phi Mu (pronounced "Moo"). Booger takes the fattest girl as his date. The nerd boys and the fat girls have a great time until attacked by the popular kids.

This aspect was left out of all the synopses of the film. I didn't see the sequels, but I do know that in one sequel Booger gets married --to a thin girl. Typical! :mad:

ravfa

OK, here's a fairly obscure reference. In the 1990 Clive Barker-directed horror/fantasy 'Nightbreed', there's an odd interesting prologue. A fat husband & wife are relaxing in their home, watching TV, raiding the fridge. . .and teasingly talking about how they like being fat! And then, it being, well, a Clive Barker film, they're both slaughtered by a leather-masked psychopath (played by directer David Cronenberg). Barker himself is gay, & I don't believe his long-time partner is fat. That little throw-away bit always peaked my interest though.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
In L.A. Law, there was a BBW legal assistant. I remember she met a guy (played by Dan Florek of Law & Order SVU fame) and she had a hard time accepting that he liked her. I think in the show they got married, she lost a lot of weight IRL which was written into the show, and the characters ended up divorcing. Hope I'm remembering that right.

Also, Camryn Manheim played host to a few FA characters in her days as a lawyer on that show with Dylan McDermott and Lara Flynn Boyle...

William

Howie Rottman (Eugene Levy) from Bringing Down the House

Lines:
Howie Rottman: I'd like to dip you in Cheez Wiz and spread you all over a Ritz cracker, if I'm not being too subtle.
Charlene Morton: Boy, you some kinda freaky!
Howie Rottman: Oh, you have no idea. You got me straight trippin', boo!

http://us.vdc.imdb.com/character/ch0015885/quotes

William

Jasminium

sippin' beer thru straws
Ben Affleck's character in The Third Wheel gets down with a fat girl. It's actually a pretty funny movie and has an awesome ending.

Latest posts