Quantcast

New Dating Show says 'No Skinny Minnies'

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Chode McBlob

In the early 90's there was a show called "The Love Connection". I used to see more ordinary people on that show including BBW's. You didn't have to look like a super model for that show.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Pfft.

It'll be about size acceptance when the show isn't called "Big"-anything, and features people of all sorts just as a matter of course, without fanfare or claims of ground-breaking television :rolleyes:.
"For six years it's been skinny-minis and good-looking bachelors, and that's not what the dating world looks like," Fox president of alternative Mike Darnell said.
Excuse me? So the Kevin-James type is already being backwards-labeled as not good looking?

And why do they assume that all big women have to be matched with a big man, and vice-versa?

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
I can't wait for the makeovers!!!!!:wubu::rolleyes:

Are the people...ooops...women...on those other shows given makeovers? Will this Kevin James looking dude be spruced up?

Let's face it, fat women will never be allowed to be seen with men who do not look like them. Whether that is a different weight, or men who are considered ' better looking ' than the woman. How about a show where a fat ( not tv fat ) woman has a group of men to plow through...men who either all look like mainstream models...or a group filled with variety.

Yeah, that will happen.

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW
I think that it is about time for the BBW's to have a dating show!

I get so tired of seeing all of these bikini clad blondes that don't have a problem getting a date anytime, anywhere or anyplace have a show to find a date! Come On for crying out loud, who do they think that they are kidding?

I am glad that there is finally going to be a show for us BBWs that have it a little harder to find a date because lets face it, many men want the blondes and not the pounds..... :blush:

We hear about all kinds of equal rights but when it comes to the size of a human body, there are a very few, and this show just may well put another notch in our Size Acceptance Movement's Belt! YAY for this!!!!:D

I just wish that I could be a participant in it.... LOL

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
You kids may not remember just how important The National Enquirer and Geraldo were to early NAAFA recruitment... the 'impolite' 'outlaw' aspect of Fox is essential to this thing happening. This could create a lot of new fat 'celebrities' who then might show up as character actors in movies and be endlessly discussed in the tabloid realm... this is good, I guess...:rolleyes:
I think that it is about time for the BBW's to have a dating show!

I get so tired of seeing all of these bikini clad blondes that don't have a problem getting a date anytime, anywhere or anyplace have a show to find a date! Come On for crying out loud, who do they think that they are kidding?

I am glad that there is finally going to be a show for us BBWs that have it a little harder to find a date because lets face it, many men want the blondes and not the pounds..... :blush:

We hear about all kinds of equal rights but when it comes to the size of a human body, there are a very few, and this show just may well put another notch in our Size Acceptance Movement's Belt! YAY for this!!!!:D

I just wish that I could be a participant in it.... LOL

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW
You kids may not remember just how important The National Enquirer and Geraldo were to early NAAFA recruitment... the 'impolite' 'outlaw' aspect of Fox is essential to this thing happening. This could create a lot of new fat 'celebrities' who then might show up as character actors in movies and be endlessly discussed in the tabloid realm... this is good, I guess...:rolleyes:
Uh, at 57 years old, I appreciate you calling me a kid, THANKS! LOL.

I have never read the National Enquirer as it is a waste of paper and never cared for Geraldo either, so I never seen these episodes so I wouldn't know what they did for NAAFA.

I am not sure what this has to do with a dating show either though. :rolleyes:

Matt L.

I have never viewed any of those dating shows simply because of the artificial theme they promote. There is no doubt that the contestant's on those shows would have no difficulty obtaining romantic relationships. I do applaud this new show because of it's nature of having real people instead of the plastic variety that is usually featured on television.

gangstadawg

the wanderer
Pfft.

It'll be about size acceptance when the show isn't called "Big"-anything, and features people of all sorts just as a matter of course, without fanfare or claims of ground-breaking television :rolleyes:.

Excuse me? So the Kevin-James type is already being backwards-labeled as not good looking?

And why do they assume that all big women have to be matched with a big man, and vice-versa?
well there are worse dating sterotypes. they could be using the only black guys like big girls sterotype.

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
Uh, at 57 years old, I appreciate you calling me a kid, THANKS! LOL.

I have never read the National Enquirer as it is a waste of paper and never cared for Geraldo either, so I never seen these episodes so I wouldn't know what they did for NAAFA.

I am not sure what this has to do with a dating show either though. :rolleyes:
Well, given that you haven't, you wouldn't. I too am 57 and having ahem, illustrated for the Men's Mag industry, have a certain academic interest in Sleaze.:blush:

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW
If I had a chance, I would try the BBW dating show, I think that it would be fun to see what they came up with in the line of dates for me. :wubu:

Latest posts