New Old Navy Return Policy - No Longer Free For Plus

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

emmandale

Internet Shopping Addict
I am so mad right now. I have always loved shopping online for Old Navy Plus sized clothes especially because since the plus sized clothes couldn't be returned in the stores you could do mail returns for free. No longer though it seems :mad: I was online fixing a return for two items I had purchased and now it is 6 dollars to do a return and they only refund it if they sent the wrong item or it is defective.

I am so annoyed that I don't even have the option of returning the clothes to the store that is 10 minutes away from my house :mad: I feel that they are really discriminating against the plus sized customer. I am going to be shooting off an email to Old Navy as soon as I calm down enough to write something coherent.

Teleute

Heh heh. "Member".
Aaaargh, that's annoying, especially since sizes and cuts can vary SO much for plus sizes... Even if you go by the size charts, stuff can still end up not fitting right! Are they charging for small size returns now too?

emmandale

Internet Shopping Addict
They have always charged for small sizes to be returned by mail but you have the option to return the regular sizes to the Old Navy store for a refund so you don't have to pay for the return shipping. Plus sizes do not have that option as they will not accept plus sized clothing returns at the stores. I would love to be able to just shop in the Old Navy store and be able to try clothes on before purchasing but they do not offer plus sizes there.

Crystal

I agree, it's very unfair.

You would think with a large percentage of the population being overweight that Old Navy would view this as an opporunity to make a great profit.

And now, they're forcing us to pay to return something that we weren't able to try on in the first place. Grrrrr.

Cors

Delurking
Oh dear, I hope more people write in and force them to reconsider this unfair policy.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I think you have to pay for return shipping with Roamans and Woman Within etc. Sad thing I have to go mail order like it or not sometimes cuz it's the only place I can find a certain item. They should let you return the stuff to a regular store and better yet get the plus stuff back in the stores. They are losing sales when the clothes are too small to fit. :(

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
I had issues with it a few months ago. When I complained on the phone, the people I spoke to were very apologetic, and they said it was due to the economy. It sucks majorly, though.

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
Damn! Yet another blow! My Mother just ordered a bunch of stuff from them too - I'm hoping she doesn't have to do any returns. *crosses fingers*

AshleyEileen

chunky
I've returned plus sizes to the stores. They'll typically take it to appease you. I love shopping the clearance rack in the store. They always have a plus section here and it's from online returns. They get marked down quite a bit, too.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I've returned plus sizes to the stores. They'll typically take it to appease you. I love shopping the clearance rack in the store. They always have a plus section here and it's from online returns. They get marked down quite a bit, too.

They don't have a whole section here but usually they'll have a few things nestled in with the XXL's. I bought a formal dress from clearance last year that was originally like 80 bucks and it was marked down to like 9 or something. Also, don't be afraid of trying XXL's girls.. I wear anywhere from a 22-28 on top and I can still wear lots of the XXL stuff.. I just got a really cute purple tank top with beads on the top from there for like four bucks.

msbard90

They don't have a whole section here but usually they'll have a few things nestled in with the XXL's. I bought a formal dress from clearance last year that was originally like 80 bucks and it was marked down to like 9 or something. Also, don't be afraid of trying XXL's girls.. I wear anywhere from a 22-28 on top and I can still wear lots of the XXL stuff.. I just got a really cute purple tank top with beads on the top from there for like four bucks.

I love finding xxl stuff that still fits and is cute... besides torrid (which can get unnecessarily pricey), there aren't that many plus size places for teens and young adults near me. So when places like old navy get that magical one or 2 pieces of xxl something or other, i'm all up on it!

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I love finding xxl stuff that still fits and is cute... besides torrid (which can get unnecessarily pricey), there aren't that many plus size places for teens and young adults near me. So when places like old navy get that magical one or 2 pieces of xxl something or other, i'm all up on it!

Yeah, ditto.

Hathor

stolen child
Old Navy sells plus size??? WTH?? Maybe they're phasing it out which is why they don't market to the big girls. Because I've never seen a commercial or print ad advertising plus size Old Navy clothes.

msbard90

they usually do it online. some stores offer some pieces in xxl but thats about it for them. i think the pants go over a size 20 when ordered online

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Old Navy sells plus size??? WTH?? Maybe they're phasing it out which is why they don't market to the big girls. Because I've never seen a commercial or print ad advertising plus size Old Navy clothes.

They have sold plus for a long time now, but there is no marketing. They had it in stores for a while, but pulled it. They said it was because no one bought it, but I say it's because NO ONE KNEW IT WAS THERE. ON needs to publish it if people are to know it's there.

This has always burned me up about them.

babyjeep21

Kamikaze Peanut Butter
I've never had any problem returning anything plus size to our local Old Navy stores. And... I'm pretty sure that if they did refuse to take it, I'd probably be throwing a fit of epic proportions to the manager in the store.

All that being said... I really LOVE their clothes. For a long time, I refused to shop there because I thought it was ridiculous that I had to go online rather than just walk into the store; but now that I've caved, I'm really glad I did!