New PETA Save the "Whales" Ad

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Funny thing is not all vegetarians are thin. I've seen overweight vegetarians before. :doh:

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
And not all thin vegetarians are all that healthy...but, PETA would rather not be smart about things. Encouraging people to eat less animal product...not a bad thing. Lots of thin vegetarians load up on all kinds of crap ( and sometimes yummy ) food. But, lets not care about reality. PfffftPETA. I am not so much offended anymore by this stuff...just amazed at the ignorance.

velia

unabashedly obese
What!!!! Peta did something in poor taste?!
Yeah, really. I guess the Holocaust ad wasn't enough to shock America in to eliminating meat from their diets-- let's really get 'em and make fun of fat people!

PETA is wrong as an organization on so many levels. I'd much rather donate my funds to local animal shelters that actually make an effort to find homes for animals and/or offer free or discounted sterilization services for pets.

Seth Warren

May she always be True
Stay classy, PETA. :rolleyes:

Seriously, do they think that these offensive, in-your-face tactics endear anyone to their cause? Personally, whenever some PETA asshole tries to lecture me or shock me into submission, I get a strong urge to Tase a cow and start gnawing on it right there in the middle of the field.

MattB

Epicurean
It's all calculated to get people talking about PETA again. They do something nutty every few months. It's all about the publicity, and they clearly don't care if it's positive or negative.

furious styles

goodbye halcyon days
It's all calculated to get people talking about PETA again. They do something nutty every few months. It's all about the publicity, and they clearly don't care if it's positive or negative.

BINGO!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I honestly find that more shocking than the PETA ad.

You would really hurt an animal because a person is talking about something you disagree with?

You are a twisted mfer.
Yes, he was totally serious.

Look at the trail of dead, half-eaten cows he has left behind. :rolleyes:

imfree

In Remembrance
I truly believe you nailed it, Matt. The best
way to promote an agenda is to keep it
on people's minds.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I hate that vegetarianism is associated with them. I have never eaten meat and look how fat i am! Their argument is wrong and offensive. I have NEVER liked this group. You don't get people to change by belittling them and causing them to get angry at them.
Whats that saying something about attracting more bees with honey than vinegar?
I would love to be associated with a group that wasn't such an asshole in general.. I am for animal rights but refuse to even give them a second thought about joining them.

imfree

In Remembrance
I hate that vegetarianism is associated with them. ......snipped..... I am for animal rights but refuse to even give them a second thought about joining them.
You get Rep for being a voice of reason. PETA's
mission is good, but I really believe their approach
and execution are poor.:bow:

olwen

Disco Bear
I just saw this and was going to start a thread. I just....grrr at PETA. They suck.

Latest posts