• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

New show on Lifetime Drop Dead Diva

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugar and spice

I have been seeing the previews for this new show airing soon on Lifetime tv called Drop Dead Diva here is what the premise is supposed to be....

"Drop Dead Diva" is Lifetime's spirited new comedic drama series that puts a uniquely compelling twist on the age-old battle between brains and beauty. It premieres on Lifetime Sunday, July 12 at 9 pm et/pt.

The show tells the story of a beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe, Deb, who has a fatal car accident and suddenly finds herself in front of Heaven's gatekeeper, Fred, who declares her a self-centered "zero." Outraged, Deb attempts to persuade Fred to return her to her shallow existence but is accidentally relegated to the body of the recently deceased Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliott). A brilliant, thoughtful and plus-size attorney with a loyal assistant (Margaret Cho), Jane has always lived in the shadow of her more comely colleagues, whereas Deb has always relied on her external beauty. Now, by a twist of fate and a bolt of divine intervention, Deb must come to terms with inhabiting Jane’s plus-size frame in the ultimate showdown between brains and beauty.

I'd like to think this could be a show that strikes a blow against fat discrimination but so far from all the previews I've seen it's the same old thing with the "horrified reaction" of the thin girl to be suddenly in the fat girls body and all the lame jokes that go along with that. I'm pretty offended that this can go on the air. I guess they say they are trying to do away with the "size two being the ultimate image of beauty" but I am skeptical, What do you think?

Latest posts

Back