New to the Dim. Story Forums

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lovelymars908

Non-FA WG Writer
*stops sweating in nervousness and straightens herself*

Hello. I joined Dimensions a little over a year ago, but I wasn't too terribly active. Well, if you look at my profile and the reason for this thread... I'm just another weight gain writer, hoping to achieve more fans here. Never really bothered posted because of two things 1) uncharacteristic shyness and 2) not sure how my stories will be received here (and where to post them) and a possible third one is about my ability....

To give a brief summary of what I write in weight gain fiction, the themes I use are very untraditional from the common conventions, including leaving the eroticism out. So that means I'll be posting stories in fantasy, sci-fi, horror, & supernatural genres.

Anyway, hope I'm welcome here. (Knock some sense into me to post, lol.)

Last edited:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Of course you are welcome, we are always happy to have new authors! :)

New stories are posted into the Recent Additions board; they are moved into the appropriate archives by the mod team after six months so there is nothing for you to worry about there.

I main rules are that you only post stories that you yourself have written, that the characters are all over 18 and that you have more than a single chapter to upload at first (lots of snippets never get finished here!). There are more in depth rules posts on the Recent Additions board which you are welcome to check out or you can contact myself or another member of the mod team if you have any questions.

But yeah, all rambling aside, we are always excited to have new authors so please don't feel afraid to post your stories here. :)

StrugglingWriter

It's not a hugely trafficked board (compared to, say, deviantart), so don't take the absence of huge amounts of input from people as a knock on you or your ability. There's a wide variety of interest in that small group, and they're loyal and supportive. It's a great place to put your work and grow your skills.

wrenchboy

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. But since I couldn't find anywhere else, here it is. I am writing a story that seems fairly long.
Since I don't want to start posting my story until I am finished because of editing reasons I don't know how long it will be.
So the question is...is there any max length limit?
A very rough guess would be it is so far at least 20 pages and it is maybe 80% finished.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Wrenchboy - this is what a "fairly long" story on Dims looks like ....

https://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/threads/somethings-gotta-give-by-strugglingwriter-bbw-xwg.82567/

So absolutely no worries whatsoever about 20 pages.
Each post has it's limits though - it used to be 10.000 characters; not sure how much it is exactly with the new software. The system will tell you though if one post is too long.

You will have to post the story in segments using numerous posts. Try to go by chapter, use subheadings or number your installments to make reading orientation easier.

But that's it! Happy writing and looking forward to reading your story here!

FleurBleu

Hey Wrenchboy,

I'm currently uploading a 64k story. I split each chapter in chunks in order to stay below 10,000 characters and post them as "Chapter 5 (1/3)" for instance.

Good luck with your writing! I appreciate you want to edit first before posting. It shows respect for your own work and for the reader :) Personally, I hope it's a BHM story :D

wrenchboy

Ago and Una,
Thanks for your help.
The story primarily is about a couple of bbws but includes a bhm near the end.
The working title is Second Chances.
I will probably be finished with it and be able to start posting in about 3 weeks or so.
Unless I get writers block again. Also a reason why I want to wait until it is finished before I start posting. The last block lasted several years. But ideas have been flowing very quickly lately.

Latest posts