• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

No Christmas banner for you!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't size-related, but in a small sense it is because we use Amazon banners to help paying the rather steep monthly bill for the Dimensions server. So I wanted to put up a Christmas banner.

Well, Amazon doesn't have one. They have banners for absolutely everything, including Earth Day, Halloween, Valentine's Day, New Year, but not Christmas. So I had to resort to the generic "Holiday" banner you see above, the one that still mentions Black Friday.

So I inquired/complained with Amazon. The first reply was the usual canned non-reply, directing me to the page with all the banners, which, of course, I already knew. So I replied that, no, this was not helpful.

I get another reply, and this one from a real person. It said,

"It looks as if we'll just have Holiday banners this season, rather than specific links for Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, etc. Please accept our apologies if you were offended by the use of the word "holiday" (instead of "Christmas") on our website. Our intent is to be as inclusive and respectful as possible at a time of year when people of many faiths celebrate important holidays. I'm sorry if our selection doesn't suit the needs of your site."

So basically, Amazon's position is to not as much as mention Christmas, in a nation where about 80% list Christianity as their religious preference, and where just about everyone celebrates Christmas in some way (Christmas is actually celebrated in most parts of the world in some way). But the argument seems to be that we need to be completely and totally inclusive, and if there aren't banners for every holiday in some other religion, then there must not be one for Christmas either.

Well, fine. And I am far from a religious zealot. But I am really sick of the "Happy Holidays" crap just so that we don't have to mention "Christmas' and potentially offend someone. And while we're all guilted into spending billions for Christmas, ummm.., HOLIDAY gifts, actually mentioning Christmas is a no-no. Good Grief. That's just not right.

Latest posts

Back