• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

no place to call home-

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlasD

Recently a young lady, apparently a newbie, entered a post in the Weight Board stating that at 5’3” and 180 pounds, she felt she was getting the worst of both worlds. She feels she is too “fat” to be considered attractive by mainstream society and culture, but she also said the Dimensions community feels she is too “thin” to be attractive.

While I don’t like labels such as “mid-size”, “large” and “super-sized”, I can’t think of a way to express my points without them; I ask the reader’s indulgence.

The question is: Is Dimensions truly a “size acceptance” community? There seems to be a bias toward “large” and “supersized” ladies ranging from 250 to 400 pounds and beyond. While there are some “mid-sized” individuals, they seem to be in the minority.

The young lady asked rhetorically if she should gain another 20 pounds in order to be accepted by the Dimensions community (I can hear some shouting “Yes! Yes! 20 pounds and more!”). Shouldn’t we accept her the way she is? This community is intended to be a “safe haven” for those who are regarded as fat and unattractive by our “you can’t be too rich or too thin” culture. Is the Dimensions community really that restrictive? Can’t we admire PBW’s (Pudgy Beautiful Women) as well as BBWs? (I know, I know- another label!)

The young lady posted to the Weight Board, which may explain the responses- “generally” (another term I don’t like) that area of the community prefers larger ladies. Perhaps if the young lady had posted to the Main Dimensions Board she would have received a more positive welcome. Unfortunately, my sense is the community has done little to make her feel valued or comforted. I know we are better than that.

Latest posts

Back