None BHM crushes?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.
I hate to say it, but finding a German beer maid named Helga who is younger than 55 is going to be tough.... :D
Haha, I agree.... but I was thinking more character and appearance than anything else. lol, but I have to agree with Leo on his point.... Stern and forceful would be nice additions as well.

EAT JUR POTATOS AND SAUSAGE!!!!!!! Then we have Beer.... Und fancy play times.

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.
As in English, in most countries and languages the first name - unless it is a totally timeless classic like Anne or John would be in English - gives away quite a lot regarding someones age.

In German - with the pretty drastic culture shift post 1945 - this is probably even more pronounced. So Helga really is a name for a woman born app. 1938-1955 - after that, it's more or less extinct. The youngest Helga I know is 58.

Stella as a name in German in known, but very rare in all generations; today most likely to have a Southern European background.
Personally I happen to know three - one who is Greek-German, one Italian-German and one daughter of an opera singer. But that already is an above average ratio of Stellas in my personal circle in Germany.

Heidi in the younger generation is actually much more common in the US than in Germany. I know 4 US Heidis below 40 - and none below 70 in Germany. (That is counting out Heidi Klum - but her name for her generation is extremely dated. If a German didn't know her and just heard the name, the age guess would be 30 years older than she is.)
It also is a name, where only the abbreviation survived at all. The long, complete forms of the name Adelheid, Heide, Heidegard, Heidrun, Heidelinde can - if at all - be only found in the generation 80+.

So if we're looking for an age-adequate German valkyrie for hommecreux - then it'll most likely be an Anna, Lena, Laura, Lisa, Katharina or Julia. ;)

I think I would be inclined more towards Katharina, Julia, or Anna.... I don't think I have ever met someone named Stella though. And that is a pretty interesting point that you make. But I think that like fashion, names come in and out of favor in cycles. I just happened to miss the Helga train by about 60 years lol.

IRL my name is pretty uncommon, but then again, I'm sure there is always going to be outliers.

squeezablysoft

This may not completely count since he was bordering on pudgy at the time but I had an unhealthily intense obsession with Tom Chaplin from the British band Keane awhile back. As soon as he jumped on the "healthy lifestyle"
train and slimmed down I lost interest though I bet he could win me back still if he plumped up and maybe let his hair grow longish again.

From budding cherub with squeezable cheeks and angelic curls to a middle-aged man who thinks he can stay 18 forever with incessant exercise and whatever dumb haircut Today's Youth are sporting, it makes me wanna cry. But I know it's his life and if he's happy this way who am I to judge?

View attachment article-2139306-04D268DA0000044D-122_634x452_1.jpg

View attachment tumblr_ouhacfXBUu1vc9x4xo1_500.jpg

Group builder