• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Norbit...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Ok so we went to go see Norbit last night. The theater was packed so if last night was any indication the movie is going to do well.

The movie really was funny, I’m not an easy person to offend and I believe that every now and then we all have to laugh at ourselves. That being said, I didn’t see too much in the movie that was outright negative. In almost every scene (with the exception of maybe 2) you could have substituted an average sized woman for the fat woman and it still would have been just as funny.

The movie was basically about a man stuck under the thumb of a very controlling wife, and about his awakening and eventually leaving a relationship he was very unhappy in. Many of us fat or thin have been in a similar situation at some point in time in our lives. It was a cute little love story/date movie and there were quite a few couples in the audience. I didn’t see any fat people in the theater (I thought I was the only one) watching the movie but as we were walking out to the car Darren said that he noticed quite a few.

During the beginning of the movie I laughed out loud and laughed frequently. As the movie wore on though and it got to the scenes filmed in the water park I found it a little harder to laugh. You could tell that during that part of the movie at least, the body of Rasputia was a real body of a real fat woman. Just the way in which the body moved, the fat moved with the body, the cellulite and dimples you could just tell it was a real body. A body, much like my own… As those scenes wore on you could hear people in the theater saying “Oh my God” or “That’s gross”, things of that nature. That hit a little close to home for me and suddenly I didn’t find myself laughing so much. I found myself wondering if those are the things that people say about me when I go out in public in my bathing suit.

There were many stereotypes in the movie, not only those about fat people. Eddie Murphy also played the character of an old Chinese man so there were racial undertones throughout the whole movie about Chinese, Jewish and Black people.

I have to say that all in all I really did enjoy the movie. I’d see it again and if I had a friend that wanted to see it and asked me to go with I’d even pay to see it again. It was a funny movie, and in this day and age where everyone goes out of their way to try to be politically correct maybe it was the sheer political incorrectness that made the movie so funny.

The only thing that I really had a problem with was that during the movie Rasputia was compared to a whale and a cow. I thought that they could have come up with something cleverer, I mean honestly, how many fat women in our lifetimes have been called a whale or cow out of anger? Damn near every one of us, and I just would have liked to see them come up with something a little more original than that.

There are quite a few scenes that those of you that are into feeding or squashing will really enjoy. They weren’t my cup of tea but hey everything doesn’t have to be.

So that’s my take on the movie. I’m sure that others of you will have a different opinion and might even be upset that I wasn’t offended by the movie but that’s what makes this world go round.

Everyone’s different… :bow:

Latest posts

Back