Now that she is Skinny.. (tough luck)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
Are we sure Star just didn't want to have to be around the loud mouthed Rosie O'Donnell the failed magazine lady and failed comic, now celebrity friend and photo op mooch?

Jes

is oddly aroused
snuggletiger said:
Are we sure Star just didn't want to have to be around the loud mouthed Rosie O'Donnell the failed magazine lady and failed comic, now celebrity friend and photo op mooch?
star and roise have bad blood, yes, but the fact that the contract wasn't renewed is the bigger issue here, snuggle.

This is extremely important business, people. Don't mess with the facts! I mean, it's not Fug, but it's DAMNED CLOSE and I won't have you screwing it up!

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
Jes said:
star and roise have bad blood, yes, but the fact that the contract wasn't renewed is the bigger issue here, snuggle.

This is extremely important business, people. Don't mess with the facts! I mean, it's not Fug, but it's DAMNED CLOSE and I won't have you screwing it up!

Again I sense Rosie and back room shenanigans. She seems shenaniganny

Jes

is oddly aroused
snuggletiger said:
Again I sense Rosie and back room shenanigans. She seems shenaniganny
Are you kidding me? You clearly know NOTHING about Barbara Walters. She RUNS THAT SHIP and ain't no one gettin' in her way. Trust me on this. I've heard the stories.

Sandie S-R

moonvine said:
Well, some news sources state she quit, and others state she got fired. While I guess this is considered a bad thing, if she actually did get fired, at least she probably has sufficient resources to not have to work.

Here's the inside story...

Star used her celebrity status to get tons of freebies for her wedding. She was using The View to promote companies and organizations that comped her their services. The powers that be at The View were just livid over the whole thing, and they planned to let her go after the wedding, but Barbara Walters, felt bad for her and advocated for her to stay on. When Rosie was hired, The View exects, who knew of the tension between Star and Rosie, used it as an easy out to get rid of Jones-Reynolds. It was The View that decided not to renew Jones-Reynolds' contract, in essence letting her go.

You're right she has plenty of resources. She herself is a lawyer, and her hubby has a lucrative career. I'm sure she will find something else to do on TV...especially now that she is no longer fat. When she was on Inside Edition covering trials like OJ Simpson (pre the view), they used to make her sit at a sideways angle to diminish the appearance of her size on TV.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Well, damn. That's some good drama! Who says ABC doesn't have morning soaps.

HappyFatChick

And we all know all this drama is going to help keep the attention on her until she discloses her new gig. And probably further her in her new career whatever it is.

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
How does that show stay on anyway? Do people actually watch it!? I thought most people rate sitting through an episode of The View as only slightly less painful than dental surgery.

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
Hmmm...I guess I'm in the minority here.

I've only seen partial episodes of The View maybe two or three times. When I have a morning appointment to do something with my car, it's usually playing on the TV at the garage.

I've never found it very engrossing and usually just read the book I bring with me.

Anyway, yes, I think Star looked lovely as a fat woman but she made her choices and no one else.

Dennis

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
Jes said:
Are you kidding me? You clearly know NOTHING about Barbara Walters. She RUNS THAT SHIP and ain't no one gettin' in her way. Trust me on this. I've heard the stories.

Does she need a snuggletiger to add atmosphere and presence? I will even wear a cummerbund if need be.

Miss Vickie

Nails on a chalkboard, Jack. That's how it seems to me. Yeesh. I'll watch just about anything when working out in order to NOT watch that show. I tried to watch it a couple of times thinking, "I'm a smart woman. I like women. I should really like this show." Only not. It was horrible.

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
Webmaster said:
When we published the original BBW Magazine, shortly after we had purchased it from its pior owners, we did a cover feature and full photo shoot of Star Jones. She was a vibrant, energetic, positive, wonderful woman full of energy and dreams, and the sky seemed the limit.

To think that that terrific person has now converted herself into this sad, ghostly image shows that the promotion and pursuit of size acceptance remain as badly needed as ever.

I remember that article, and I definitely remember thinking she got an attitude about size acceptance. Considering all that's happened with her weight loss [and I did like her on The View, so it wasn't a prejudice against her], I'm guessing she never was truly on the fat-and-happy bandwagon.

OriginalCyn

I liked her at one time. And then she got all obnoxiously "Fundie." And when she became engaged and started trying to improve her looks, she became downright insufferable.

Dunno if her hubby's a closet case, as he's reputed to be, but I find it somewhat ironic that the probable reason for her departure is that she won't be able to work peaceably with Rosie as a co-host.

Scarlette

I give good face :)
I personally think she is TOO skinny and she even looks like a transexual.

My gay hairstylist thinks so to and he DOES DRAG!

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
Scarlette said:
I personally think she is TOO skinny and she even looks like a transexual.

My gay hairstylist thinks so to and he DOES DRAG!
When you couple this with the persistent rumors that Star's husband is gay, things get even more bizarre....

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
Jack Skellington said:
How does that show stay on anyway? Do people actually watch it!? I thought most people rate sitting through an episode of The View as only slightly less painful than dental surgery.

I used to love watching The View some time ago. This was all the way back when Lisa (forget her last name) was on it. Star was a good advocate for fat women back then. She had things like a bathing suit segment for fat women. Whenver they would do any sort of fashion show she would ask about what the plus size women would be wearing. It was refreshing. I quit watching it before Elizabeth came on there, so it has been several years.

olivefun

Belly bellissima
SamanthaNY said:
Well, damn. That's some good drama! Who says ABC doesn't have morning soaps.

That is so funny, Yes indeed the soaps are on!

I was looking at the CBC article and noticed this:
n Tuesday afternoon, Walters said that ABC had informed Reynolds several months ago that her contract was not being renewed this fall.

Walters cited research that the show's audiences had become turned off by Reynolds's extreme weight loss over the past two years and her over-the-top, glitzy 2004 wedding, for which she had a website promoting companies that donated items for the wedding party's gift bags.

(emphasis, mine)
Interesting...

eightyseven

Ridiculous.
I just want to see Mo'Nique SLAP Star Jones... maybe that's too much like the Celebrity Deathmatch thread in The Lounge, but I do. I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to change- but really, Star looks so UNNATURAL now. Some people are meant to be a certain size and build. She, my friends, is NOT meant to be skinny. She, like Mo'Nique and MANY of you beautiful women on the forums, have figures that are more conducive and look more natural with extra weight. That's just how it is. I have much more admiration for someone who finds the beauty in what she looks like (no matter her size) and embraces that it is an important part of who she is. Sigh.

Latest posts