• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Of Vanities and Remodels ...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risible

Monkey Daze
Oh, what an eyesore my master bath was. It was the original bathroom from when the house was built in 1969; no character, no redeeming qualities. It didn't help that I had painted it an optimistic bright yellow when I bought the house. That shade of yellow just about gave me toothaches, so I learned to just not look at it, and kept the lights off or very dim whenever I was in there. I never got around to repainting it.

It has long been my dream goal to remodel this bathroom, and this year we finally got around to it - top to bottom, floor to ceiling.

Here are a few "before" pix. The squares of brown paint are samples I painted on the old walls to help pick a new color. Check out the shower; it's one of those pre-fabbed deals with an aluminum frame. The fiberglass shower pan had cracked in a couple of places and Bio had glued and siliconed a couple of pieces of plastic over it to prevent water seeping onto the concrete slab underneath. Oh, and having gained a "couple of pounds" over the years, I was starting to get stuck in the shower door. :rolleyes: The saltillo tile floor had been painted by the previous homeowner, and the paint was starting to peel off. Oh, and the sink faucet had developed a steady leak, and the drain must have developed a hole in it, because there was mildew in the cabinet when it was pulled out.

We just lived with the bathroom in a steadily deteriorating condition rather than sink money into it before a remodel.

What a trainwreck.

View attachment resize35.jpg

View attachment resize36.jpg

View attachment resize37.jpg

Latest posts

Back