• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!
Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigElectricKat

The Big Kat
This goes to show me how "out of the loop" I am:

So I'm on a site just messaging back and forth with a couple people. A guy starts talking to me about various activities we enjoy. talking about tv, movies, sports and such. We were discussing the game that my boys lost and everything seemed fine. A couple gals offered a shared sympathy (we'll get 'em next time!) and all was well. Then the guy asked if I liked camping. I said, it depends on what type of camping we're talking about: full on tent-in-the-woods camping or cabin with a fireplace and bathroom camping. He laughed and said either or. I told him I leaned more toward the cabin type camping. I had enough of the other during my military career.

Then he said something that sounded kinda funny and/or crazy. He said, "would you ever go camping with a couple of bears?" Of course, not being up on all the terms of some things, I said, "Isn't that a little dangerous?" He laughed, of course and asked if I'd like to go camping with him a some friends, away from "prying eyes". Me and my dim self still did not catch on. He finally just came out and said that he was a "gay bear". Which immediately had my mind thinking of a guy in a bear costume. But he was understanding and patient with me and explained what it meant. I felt like such a dim bulb! I thanked him for the enlightenment because knowledge is power and all that. He asked again if I'd like to go camping with him and his friends. Not wanting to come off as rude, I asked if there were any female bears going on this camping trip. He said no such thing as female bears. Trying to make a joke, I asked "then how do you get little bear cubs?" He said, that's another thing entirely. But he understood where I was coming from without me having to say,"Sorry, I'm not gay" which was cool.

And even though I was initially taken aback by this interaction, I wasn't freaked out to the point where I was running for the hills. In fact, I promised to keep in touch. Those guys go camping all the time and I could use some tips on the best fishing equipment, camping gear, best spots and all that. Think I made a friend afterall.

Latest posts

Back