• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

OK - We're back up, but what happened, Conrad?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ho Ho Tai

I looked over recent messages and have seen nothing explaining the down-time of the last few days, other than a statement about an attack. No details, nor any prevention advice.

I sent out this e-mail message to all Dimensions members for whom I have an off-board address. Now that the board is up, I'm reposting it here.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 10:07 PM
To: Conrad Blickenstorfer
Subject: From Ho Ho Tai - The koobface worm? Is that what hit Dimensions?

Conrad and Dimensions friends -

I'm mailing all of you for whom I have an off-board address. I want to share our recent experience and see if there is any connections to Dimensions.

We run AVG-lite every weekend. Typically, it never come up with anything, beyond a bunch of stray cookies. The past two weeks, it has come up with the koobface worm. Here is a link to Wikipedia on that worm. According to Wiki, the worm is directed to social networking sites. I never visit, nor do I have a membership, on Facebook, twitter, or any other such site, with the possible exception of Dimensions. According to the description, the worm does not seem to be directed to sites such as Dimensions, but I don't know if it can spread via someone else's link. I am about to run AVG again tonight and we'll see what happens.

[Note: I did run AVG last night. No worm or virus was found.]

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate hearing from any of you who have had a similar experience - or haven't. All evidence is important.

[In the original message, my off-board identity was revealed. I choose to delete those portions from this post.]

Latest posts

Back