On the edge of 30

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MistahSmooth_CT

Senior High 5'er
Wow...

Another few months, I'll be the big 3-0. I can't believe that three decades of my life has gone by. Feris Bueller was right: Live moves pretty fast. Does anyone else feel that way?

eeyorejenny

I totally know how you feel. I will be 30 next year, but I wonder where the time goes. How can I be almost 30?!?

Do you feel like the goals you set for yourself when you were a teenager failed? I know I wanted to have four kids by the time I was 30. I wanted to be a young mom. I'm 28 and have no kids, and there's no chance of that in sight. But, then again, just thinking back ten years, my whole life view was different. I will just narrowly make my goal of getting my BA though, so that is a plus! LOL.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I totally know how you feel. I will be 30 next year, but I wonder where the time goes. How can I be almost 30?!?

Do you feel like the goals you set for yourself when you were a teenager failed? I know I wanted to have four kids by the time I was 30. I wanted to be a young mom. I'm 28 and have no kids, and there's no chance of that in sight. But, then again, just thinking back ten years, my whole life view was different. I will just narrowly make my goal of getting my BA though, so that is a plus! LOL.
Perhaps, given the economy, it worked out in your favour to not have any kids by 30.

When my older brother turned 30 he had a huge meltdown (he has since turned 40 and it was even worse) - I don't foresee any of that for myself. I basically look exactly as I did at 19/20, but now I've got more cash, married a very nice guy, have a fantastic lizard, and will soon have my PhD. The time did pass very quickly, though.

seavixen

Ditz Extraordinaire
Time seems to be moving faster every day (except for in waiting rooms or when water needs to hurry up and boil). I'll be 30 in a few months, too.

30. Wow.

There are certainly a lot of things I hoped to have accomplished by now, but I'm reasonably comfortable with where I am, nonetheless. :)

Msprettypanties

A minister friend once told me it feels like it takes forever to reach 20 and after that everything goes so fast, I finally get what she meant.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I'm only 21 and I still feel that way. It seems like things have moved really fast since I graduated high school.. it's hard to believe I've been out of school for three years already!

NoWayOut

I'm 24 and it feels the opposite for me. College was just three years ago, and it seems so long ago that it feels like it was someone else's life. Time really seems to go slow from my point of view, and I'm quite happy with that.

As far as my goals, I'm an unmarried virgin with a job I love and tomorrow I'll have been to my 45th state and over 50 Man vs Food restaurants. My life couldn't have turned out better if I'd written the script.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I'm 24 and it feels the opposite for me. College was just three years ago, and it seems so long ago that it feels like it was someone else's life. Time really seems to go slow from my point of view, and I'm quite happy with that.

As far as my goals, I'm an unmarried virgin with a job I love and tomorrow I'll have been to my 45th state and over 50 Man vs Food restaurants. My life couldn't have turned out better if I'd written the script.
Genuine curiosity - would single and virgin really be in your scripted life?

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
A minister friend once told me it feels like it takes forever to reach 20 and after that everything goes so fast, I finally get what she meant.
He is so right! It took forever to get to 20! I'm 28 right now and I feel that time is breezing by so fast! It's scary! There are many things that I still want to accomplish before the big 3-0. There are so many changes that you go through in your 20s; lots of ups and downs.

MistahSmooth_CT

Senior High 5'er
So tomorrow, I will no longer be apart of this age group, I just wanted to say it has been an experience. I hope for those of you in your 20's still, enjoy them, and embrace them! It will be a blast. I am going into my 30's with a push of enlightenment. Good luck...

BigCutieDemi

I feel like I need to hurry up and do a ton of stuff while I'm still 29!!
I am unmarried, and thought of throwing a hugeeee party for my 30th, similar to a wedding reception. Ever seen my big fat gypsy wedding? Ya, something to that extent. 25 was a major meltdown for me, hoping 30 won't be so bad :/

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
I turned 29 last week, so I have one more year as a 20-something. I feel oldddd.

BigCutieDemi

Ash, I turn 30 next January. boooooo :( Hope I still feel as sexy saying im 30 as I do saying im 29 lol

Shinobi_Hime-Sama

Found Mr. Right...I hope.
Scary isn't it? I'll be 30 in April next year. And I am no where close to where I wanted to be by this age, I'm unemployed, back living with my parents, no money and a college diploma that has yet to yield me any jobs.:doh: I know I am probably to blame for not trying hard enough to look for a job, I went to college for Medical Secretary and I actually graudated college this time after trying twice before and failing. Now I have a student loan looming over my head and no money to start paying it back with. I look back at my 20's and realize how badly I wasted them, living for my ex probably knowing full well the whole time that I'd never marry him. I mean I met him when I was 17 and we were together 8 years and he never once asked me the big question, I wasted my precious 20's on him and now I'll never get them back. Now he's married to his Japanese wife that he's always wanted and who he actually went to Japan to find. I have a wonderful boyfriend now though, he's amazing but he has yet to ask me the big question. I don't want to push him, we've only been together a year and half now. I suppose it's normal to be on the cusp of 30 and not be married or even close to being so.

Not that I really care about it, I'm not the type to freak out over it but it does bother me. And honestly for the longest time I never thought any guy would want to marry me. I know, people can be perfectly happy being single and never getting married and that's all well and good for those people who actually are established and have full time jobs, neither of which I am.

Latest posts