One Completely Random Sentence From A Book

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
Everyone loves to say that drag queens are "fabulous," but nobody seems to get the fact that trans women are fucking badass!

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
"You cannot accept any of the justifications for anger that your ego coughs up at you, no matter how reasonable you make them sound."

Brad Warner, Sit Down and Shut Up

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I just let it roll straight over you?

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Developers who are curious about developing for the cloud, are considering a move to the cloud, or are new to cloud development will find here a concise overview of the most important concepts and practices they need to know.

Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft Azure - Microsoft Press (a free ebook MSDN threw at me a few weeks ago)

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

p.s. Couldn't rep without spreading a little more love, so ... awesome idea!

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
“I attempted briefly to consecrate myself in the public library, believing every crack in my soul could be chinked with a book.”

Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
'The last jar of Tabby's green liquid is stowed in the darkest corner of the root cellar, tucked under a shelf, where the glow of it can't get into anyone's thoughts.' ~ Tiffany Baker, The Little Giant of Aberdeen County

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dmitra

Drawing down the moonpie
"Pirate has become famous for his Banana Breakfasts. Messmates throng here from all over England, even some who are allergic or outright hostile to bananas, just to watch--for the politics of bacteria, the soil's stringing of rings and chains in nets only God can tell the meshes of, have seen the fruit thrive often to lengths of a foot and a half, yes amazing but true."

Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon.

:eat2:

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
"you can't eat pickles for breakfast, " said my sister "and I don't like pickles at any time. "

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
“If you live in your senses, slowly, with attention, if you use your eyes and your fingertips and your taste buds, then romance is something you’ll never need a greeting card to make you remember.”

Erica Bauermeister, The School of Essential Ingredients