Oscar ceremony thread!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Okay, so far we've had:

- Morgan Freeman narrating Alec Baldwin's dream
- YOU GOT INCEPTION'D
- some really funny depreciating humor. Anne Hathaway is pretty darn good at it.

James Franco is doing pretty well, but he looks very nervous, shifting his weight a lot.

This is gonna be a good night, I think.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Kirk Douglas: "Hugh Jackman is laughing. Everybody from Australia thinks they're funny. Colin Firth isn't laughing! He's British!"

He's got a hell of a lot of character still, and even though he was drawing it all out I couldn't help but keep laughing.

mango

Mustachio Nut
First Australian Oscar of the night - Best Short Animation (missed the name.. lol)

Jacki Weaver missed out on Best Supporting Actress

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
First Australian Oscar of the night - Best Short Animation (missed the name.. lol)

Jacki Weaver missed out on Best Supporting Actress

She did, but I can't really say that Melissa Leo didn't deserve it.

For Supporting Actor, I'm still convinced that Christian Bale deserves it; Jeremy Renner is a second choice and Geoffrey Rush a close third.

EDIT: And hells yeah, he got it! And a good speech as far as Oscar speeches go, too.

olwen

Disco Bear
Hans Zimmer should have won for best original score, but at least the movie won for best visual effects.

I think either social network or the kings speech will win best picture.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Hans Zimmer should have won for best original score, but at least the movie won for best visual effects.

I think either social network or the kings speech will win best picture.

Agreed on the first one.

I'm still rooting for The Kids Are All Right to win best picture, but The King's Speech feels a little more likely.

olwen

Disco Bear
I haven't seen either movie, or the social network for that matter, but the academy voters seem to like heavy handed dramas. I'd love for Inception to win, but it probably won't.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Alec Baldwin... always great.

Pissed off that True Grit won't win a thing. I expected it to win Cinematography, but no. I didn't. And I hoped for Hailee Steinfeld. No, she didn't win.

But I am glad Denmark won Foreign Film.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Best Director award!

Was rooting for the Coens, but I can't complain about Hooper getting it. The King's Speech showed a lot of talent behind the camera as well as in front of it.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Tom Hooper! Tom Hooper! TOM HOOPER! Wow!

This made me smile. Don't know the guy, but loved his film.

Yes, I am still pissed off Nolan wasn't nominated, and the Coens were my choice, but still... it felt nice having him winning.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Oh, Eli Wallach. Have much respect for the guy and I've seen less than a handful of movies with him.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Oh, Eli Wallach. Have much respect for the guy and I've seen less than a handful of movies with him.

Have you seen Baby Doll? That's probably my favorite performance by him. That, and some Italian western he did with Clint Eastwood.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Michelle Williams is... no, I can't find the words to say what I think about her.

I think she'll have a chance next year playing Marilyn.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Have you seen Baby Doll? That's probably my favorite performance by him. That, and some Italian western he did with Clint Eastwood.

I need to see Baby Doll. He was also really good in The Magnificent Seven.

Latest posts