Our Community Loss - Cindy G.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Wantabelly

100% FFA
Like so many people have said, Cindy was one of the first ladies I came across on the web when I realised there was an FA scene. I never spoke to her, but I could always tell just from her face that she was a truly gorgeous person, inside and out. I haven't been online for a few days, so to come on and read this today has really shocked and saddened me :(

Beautiful lady - Your contribution to this scene will continue to speak volumes for decades to come.

Never forgotten - RIP Cindy <3

bigbob10000

Getting Ready To Have Fun
Cindy will be terribly missed. She was such a cheery soul. I hope she knows we all will miss her and think the world of her.

BigBob10000

Baba Fats

Reading these many tributes, it become obvious that we've not only lost a friend and colleague, we've lost an irreplaceable cultural treasure, akin to those two great Buddhas turned to rubble by the Taliban. The 'net will never be the same without CindyG. Surely no other individual did as much to challenge our culture's prevailing notion of what is sexy - not in a flamboyant way, but quietly, engagingly, and never without a wry smile. Measured in years, her life was much too short. But if our time on earth is measured by the positive impact we have on others, I can think of few who had a fuller life, or a richer one.

Gromit

Is anyone attending her memorial service this week?
No, unfortunately . . . I wanted to be there, but can't get out of work.

I will be remembering Cindy, though, and her family during the time of the service. The best I can do is offer my prayers, love, and support.

Mr_Longhair

Deepest sympathy to all her friends and family.

the FA/BBW Community lost a pioneer....

/Mr L

hillking12

wow this is really sad. My deepest prayers and condolences go out to her family and close friends.

TJF

I have been offline for a few days and only saw this now. I have always feared the day that one of my favourite ladies would pass on for whatever reason, and I'm deeply saddened by Cindy's passing. Like for so many others, Cindy was one of the first SSBBW to come out and have a website that featured sets which later became popular features - the too tight jeans set, the eating sets, videos of belly rubs, before and after pictures, the growth charts, and of course, the picture of the week, which I was looking forward to every day of the week.

Cindy, or CindyG, as she was known, was, to my mind, THE pioneer of these kind of BBW features, back then in 1997 or earlier. She paved the way. She was a true pioneer. Her home page is a living testimonial to that time, http://www.geocities.com/Paris/9430. It is web history.

I remember that sometimes back in 1998, I won a contest that she had where you had to guess how much she had gained after a short absence. I won a great picture, a photo that she sent me via snail mail - so very sweet to do this for her fans. I was so proud, and I still have that picture, treasured away.

CindyG, you will be my hero for ever and ever! So kind, so sweet, so loving, so pioneering. Always personal in her sets, always with style. A true character. We all owe her so much. She lives on in every proud smile of every fat girl, and in every FA's happiness.

Rest in peace, and love to her family. I hope they know what she meant to the world of size acceptance.

Love, TJF

gfx3d2004

My thoughts are to the family and the extensive list of friends she has.

She was definately a pioneer and I think we have a lot to thank her for.

Lardibutts

Aged Member
I would like to post at the time when I judge people will be gathered to pay their respects to CindyG.
She was truly one of the web’s greatest of Great Goddesses.
Since I found out last night, I have been able to attend to little else except grieve over our loss – and at such a young age.
We all will have our own memory of when we first happened upon her Flabulous site. For me it was a total revelation.
I had never ever conceived of such a breathtakingly wonderful free spirit, one who could not only apparently revel in her physical self (unlike me) but go on to project it theatrically and with wit that others might benefit.
As one of my Pantheon of Superheroes, she replied so kindly in the few email exchanges I had with her.

For us all, in our various ways, she will remain an inspiration.

xkimberleex

Thank you to those who made it to the memorial today, it was nice meeting you. Brian made a beautiful slideshow and im planning on putting it on youtube so i will let you know when that is up there. I was wondering if any of you have pictures of her if you could send them to me. I would appreciate it. Thanks again for all of your kind words, send me a message anytime, i would love to get to know all of you.

Kim

AnnMarie

&#10032;cuddly and terrifying&#10032;
Kim, it was nice meeting you today and I'm sorry it had to be under such terrible circumstances. I wish your family the best in healing, to be relieved of the suffering as the Reverend mentioned.

There are some pictures of Cindy around the boards, from our weekend events, holiday parties, etc. I'm sure some will be able to point you in their direction or send them along.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
Thank you to those who made it to the memorial today, it was nice meeting you. Brian made a beautiful slideshow and im planning on putting it on youtube so i will let you know when that is up there. I was wondering if any of you have pictures of her if you could send them to me. I would appreciate it. Thanks again for all of your kind words, send me a message anytime, i would love to get to know all of you.

Kim
Hi Kim,

I have loads of pics of Cindy, including many that go back to 1997 and 1998. I was asked by a friend for pics for a tribute slide show he is putting together to show at one of Heather's dances, and I would be happy to send them to you as well.

Just PM me your email address.

Edited to add: Maybe I can start a tribute photo thread and everyone can share the pics they have. That way we can all see and enjoy the photos. What do you think?

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Hi Kim,

I have loads of pics of Cindy, including many that go back to 1997 and 1998. I was asked by a friend for pics for a tribute slide show he is putting together to show at one of Heather's dances, and I would be happy to send them to you as well.

Just PM me your email address.

Edited to add: Maybe I can start a tribute photo thread and everyone can share the pics they have. That way we can all see and enjoy the photos. What do you think?
I've got photos of Cindy too with lots of people. I'd love to see a 'Cindy Photo' thread so I don't have to send out so many emails.