• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

PA Governor Corbett under Scrunity

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deven

Wendigo
Wow, oh, wow. PA Governor Corbett has left himself wide open recently:

Under fire for the "Just close your eyes" comment about the transvaginal ultrasound bill in PA

Pennsylvania's ultrasound bill, unlike the revised version passed in Virginia, does not specify a type of ultrasound, so the doctor will have to use an "interior" procedure for most first-trimester abortions in order to meet the requirements of the law.

Even if the woman opts to "close [her] eyes," as Corbett suggests, the doctor will have to turn the ultrasound image toward her face, give her two signed copies of the printed image, describe the number of heartbeats per minute and tell her if that's normal or not for a fetus of that age. She then has to wait 24 hours and bring all the signed paperwork and both ultrasound images to her abortion doctor in order to have the procedure legally, and the doctor has to repeat to her the age of the fetus.

The Pennsylvania House postponed a scheduled vote on the bill this week because of "concerns raised by the medical community, among others," according to House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R).

His office is also being accused of preventing prosecution of a sex ring while he was PA's Attorney General

His recent re-blaming of the now deceased Joe Paterno has brought to light the fact that Sandusky's case was given to him in March 2009. He doesn't blame the rest of the Board of Trustees (who are going to be voted out soon, anyway.) Not that 28 year old man that watch a child get raped and not go to the cops.... Just Paterno. I want to know how many statute of limitations expired on victims because he was too busy fundraising for his Gubernatorial campaign to actually do his job.

Corbett, a Republican, was involved in the Sandusky investigation as state attorney general before taking over as governor in January 2011. As governor, he sits on Penn State's board of trustees.

There are even people who believe that the Sandusky case was intentionally mishandled as to not interfere during his run for Governor

He was waiting for a "stronger case" against Sandusky, when there were eyewitness reports, which should've led to an immediate arrest.
"I am very troubled by the delay, as are many pundits," said William C. Costopoulos, a Lemoyne defense attorney. "The eyewitness account, once reported, should have resulted in immediate arrest." Corbett defended the length of the investigation but acknowledged it's fair game for public debate. "The one thing you do not want to do, as a prosecutor, is go on one case. ... You want to show a continued course of action," said Corbett, who started investigating Sandusky from a referral by former Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira.
He was getting donations from Sandusky's Charity's Board Members

He's also a name in a class action suit for axing health care for low income workers

He is also being sued by the Disability Rights Network of Pennsylvania for the same chopping of health care, as it will negatively impact the PA disabled and mentally handicapped.

And there's been speculation that he might be up for Vice President candidacy.

When this man took Governor's office, I knew he didn't have PA's best interests at heart: just his own. He cuts educational budgets, citing hikes, but those hikes don't cover text books, just pensions.

He's also cut spending to schools like PSU, (who, I think, should remove the Governor as Ex Officio Member... TRUSTEE my behind) Pitt, and Temple by 50% in the past year... citing that it's the Administration that needs to tighten their belts when he knows it's the students who will end up paying.

The cuts hurt so much that Penn State talked of becoming Private, but that has since been nixed.

I've already started a campaign among those who are planning on voting the PSU Board of Trustees out (The Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship) to get him out of office in 2014, but I fear it'll be too late for PA by then.

Latest posts

Back