packaging vs. real life

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
If I had a working camera, I would totally do it. It's brilliant.

For those who don't like to click links, that page is full of what appears to be german foods. There are 3 photos - one of the package, a close up of the food on the package, and a photo of the food as prepared. Below is a great example from the site.

View attachment foodvreal.jpg

Some of the foods actually do quite well, but of course the fun ones are the utter failures, as above.

sugar and spice

In Remembrance
That is great, we should do this here too. My sister and I have always talked about the rip off feeling you get if you believe what the package will deliver.:)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
That was such a good comparison :) Thanks for the link. I even entertained my hubby, the non foodie, with that site :)

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
Wow, that bright pink Hering salad stuff was frightening in reality :eek:
hahahahahaha.....it actually IS supposed to be bright pink (beets!) so I found the packaging picture very very strange!! (Slavic here, so yeah....lots of herring salad/borscht in my past!)

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
hahahahahaha.....it actually IS supposed to be bright pink (beets!) so I found the packaging picture very very strange!! (Slavic here, so yeah....lots of herring salad/borscht in my past!)
mmmmmmmmmmmmm borscht! And herring. Ooops. Sorry...distracted.

Love them.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Ugh! The TV-style dinners and soups are among the worst, I think. But I'm pleasantly surprised with the Kinder products, and some of the other sweets as well - most of them looked really nice!

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
this is a great site!!! i can see myself wasting a good chunk of time in the future. thanks!!

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm borscht! And herring. Ooops. Sorry...distracted.

Love them.
Me too! And I love the color of borscht when you put a swirl of sour cream in it.....it's so pretty AND yummy.
I love Borscht, too. Of course, no one makes it like Mom makes it! I wish I could duplicate her recipe, but mine always seems bland compared to my memory of hers.

Ugh! The TV-style dinners and soups are among the worst, I think. But I'm pleasantly surprised with the Kinder products, and some of the other sweets as well - most of them looked really nice!
Yes, I agree - almost all of the sweets at least resembled the pictures. I love Kinder products even though the quality of the chocolate is just eh - but they get top marks in creativity.

this is a great site!!! i can see myself wasting a good chunk of time in the future. thanks!!
Glad you enjoy it! I like it, too! :D

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
OK, here's my first contribution. I was waiting for my little frozen pizza to cook, I looked at the packaging, chuckled at the absurd photo of the contents and I remembered this thread! So I grabbed my camera:

View attachment Pizza Package-tinier.jpgView attachment Pizza Package close-tinier.jpgView attachment Pizza-real thing-slice-close-tinier.jpg

Notice the shape of the slice - this was a tiny pizza (fit on a chinet plate with room to spare!) so a wedge that shape would be teeny. As it was I cut the pizza into quarters and the pieces were small. And hey - where's all that lovely stringy cheese? hmmm?

I'll post larger views in a second post, so you can see a bit better. I wanted to follow their 3-in-a-row style for this post.

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
So, do you think the packaging was a fair representation?? :doh:

HAHA I especially like how the cheese on the pizza on your plate held its "shredded cheese" shape lol

Um I'd have to say no, its not a fair representation. But what packaging is? I think we are just used to being lied to.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I think your pizza looks a LOT more appetizing than the one on the box! I'm sure it tastes better, too.