Padding!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CossaboomBoomBelly

I started padding at about the same age as the OP, and like many others, my introduction to it was through cartoons--Violet from Willy Wonka, Templeton from Charlotte's Web, that insidious "Watch Out for the Munchies" PSA that aired on Saturday mornings on ABC...stuff like that. Watching those made me aroused and curious about what it was like to be fat. I'd stuff pillows and blankets under my shirt, carefully molding and shaping and smooshing them with my hands until my "belly" looked just right. Then I'd spend what seemed like hours admiring my huge, distended belly's profile in the mirror. Years and years and years later, I would still do it. I even used an air pump with a combination of large, heavy duty balloon over a base of blankets under a huge shirt with snaps on it so I could pop the buttons off one by one as my enormous belly slowly inflated. I loved it when the expanding balloon eventually created huge gaps in the shirt between the buttons just before the snaps exploded apart. That really added to the experience. I really felt "fat" doing that--the tightness of the shirts around my "belly" whenever I padded felt great.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I started padding at about the same age as the OP, and like many others, my introduction to it was through cartoons--Violet from Willy Wonka, Templeton from Charlotte's Web, that insidious "Watch Out for the Munchies" PSA that aired on Saturday mornings on ABC...stuff like that. Watching those made me aroused and curious about what it was like to be fat. I'd stuff pillows and blankets under my shirt, carefully molding and shaping and smooshing them with my hands until my "belly" looked just right. Then I'd spend what seemed like hours admiring my huge, distended belly's profile in the mirror. Years and years and years later, I would still do it. I even used an air pump with a combination of large, heavy duty balloon over a base of blankets under a huge shirt with snaps on it so I could pop the buttons off one by one as my enormous belly slowly inflated. I loved it when the expanding balloon eventually created huge gaps in the shirt between the buttons just before the snaps exploded apart. That really added to the experience. I really felt "fat" doing that--the tightness of the shirts around my "belly" whenever I padded felt great.
Inflatable padding really makes you feel fat. I still use inflatable padding.

17.  My hands won't reach round the front of my belly but I still want it to be bigger.jpg

Padding was a big part of me as it was the only way I could live my fantasies. I would love to hear your experiences.

Around the age of six or seven, after being fascinated by weight gain on others, I started to fantasize about getting fat myself. The weird feelings I got were more intense. So intense, I convinced my childhood friends to play games in which I was the fat character. I remember loving the feeling. Looking down seeing a belly bulging out, how thick I felt, and feeling my belly rest on my lap, gave me a sense of heart racing excitement which could have been some form of arousal. I could not understand why I liked/wanted this.

Around 9, I started doing it in private in the dead of night. I was starting a quest to make it look and feel as realistic as possible. At 12, I was slowly gathering materials such as sweat pants and special pillows. Eventually, I finally got the weight and jiggle I desired when I filled a beach ball with water. But it was so heavy it kept falling out. I got a hold of a one piece swim suit to hold everything together. Over it I wore a flesh colored shirt, even going as far as to sew a bellybutton on it. I basically built my own fat suit.
Late 12, my first sexual experience happened while padding. Since then, all my padding sessions had to end that way.

I padded up every chance I knew I would be alone for hours at a time. My curiosity led me to leave my room to my parents room so I could see myself in their wall high mirror. Looking at myself in my fattened form the feeling was other worldly. I often loss track of time watching myself sitting and laying to exercising to eating. I got more daring and started roaming around the house living like a fat person.

Then one day at 17, after a few day of false alarm noises, I became reckless. I was in my parents room in a state of fullness and arousal the world faded away. I was imagining being full after being fed by someone. I was then jolted back to reality. My family came home earlier than expected! They were already in and I couldn't run to my room. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears as I bolted to the bathroom all padded up. My parents talked to me asking about my day through the bathroom door. I answered calmly. I took everything off and his it under the sink and snuck to my room in a towel.

I felt so strange. This is not normal, I thought. I still was in a state of panic. Under the darkness, I threw away everything I had relating to this fetish- padding clothes, stories I wrote, and drawings. Ending a weird chapter of my life.

This whole time I though I was the only one. Never had a clue that there were others. I still had the occasional fantasy. It wasn't until I was 23 I found this place.
Thanks for sharing this about yourself!

Shotha

DM Supporter
I pad and lately I have become something of an advocate for padding. A lot of people condemn padding as just being make-believe. I think that this is something of a misunderstanding. Padding is a person's inner reality regarding fat.

Let me put it this way. Suppose that you meet a fat man/woman that you really hit it off with and start dating him/her. Then you discover that he/she pads. How would you feel about it? The padding is a clear indication that he/she is happy with being fat and would probably like to be fatter. You no longer have to worry about showing that you like your boyfriend's/girlfriend's fat. Both of you will feel the same about them putting on weight and the same about them losing it. There will be none of those awkward moments, when you happy to see that they've put on some weight but daren't say anything about it for fear that they won't be happy about it.

36.  The only down side to a belly this big is that it's so expensive to fill.jpg

jrose123

Padding is great. As a child, I was exposed to padding. Wearing a girdle is a form of padding. Girdles don't suck things in or hide anything. A girdle redistributes. There are girdles paneled for decreasing the stomach, making the butt look bigger, create more hips width, etc. Woman buy bras the redistribute my breast...minimizes, push up, semi, etc. Vanity is a real emotion. We love looking a certain way and try to accomplish that.
When I was young and a Girl Scout. We had a detailed lesson on undergarments. Bras, panties, girdles, corsets, pantyhose and tights, socks, slips and camisoles.i you wear the correct ones, your clothing fits better, therefore you feel better. After the lesson, everyone got a panty girdle, fat and skinny girls alike, according to your skin tone so your underwear would show under white clothing. I was hooked.
Also, I was always the fat girl. Being a fat kid was awful, to me. I was so depressed. I didn't realize it at the time but I had a great life with lots of friends and love. All my friends were thin. One friend in particular real stayed close to me and copied what I did. Once someone told me she was envious. In my child mind, that was unbelievable and didn't make any sense. Being picked on, constantly teased, criticized for my weight, limited clothing choices...who would want that? Was told that she was envious of the attention I received. Crazy. Nevertheless, over the course of our childhood she gained weight. Eventually, she gotl arged than me and didn't want to be my friend.
I love my padding. It allows me to use myself as an artistic medium.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Padding is great. As a child, I was exposed to padding. Wearing a girdle is a form of padding. Girdles don't suck things in or hide anything. A girdle redistributes. There are girdles paneled for decreasing the stomach, making the butt look bigger, create more hips width, etc. Woman buy bras the redistribute my breast...minimizes, push up, semi, etc. Vanity is a real emotion. We love looking a certain way and try to accomplish that.
When I was young and a Girl Scout. We had a detailed lesson on undergarments. Bras, panties, girdles, corsets, pantyhose and tights, socks, slips and camisoles.i you wear the correct ones, your clothing fits better, therefore you feel better. After the lesson, everyone got a panty girdle, fat and skinny girls alike, according to your skin tone so your underwear would show under white clothing. I was hooked.
Also, I was always the fat girl. Being a fat kid was awful, to me. I was so depressed. I didn't realize it at the time but I had a great life with lots of friends and love. All my friends were thin. One friend in particular real stayed close to me and copied what I did. Once someone told me she was envious. In my child mind, that was unbelievable and didn't make any sense. Being picked on, constantly teased, criticized for my weight, limited clothing choices...who would want that? Was told that she was envious of the attention I received. Crazy. Nevertheless, over the course of our, as padders childhood she gained weight. Eventually, she gotl arged than me and didn't want to be my friend.
I love my padding. It allows me to use myself as an artistic medium.
Thank you for your comments, which have really put padding into a much broader context for me. We, as a species, seem to like to alter our bodies, in ways that we feel make them look better.

You're comment about padding allowing you to use yourself as an artistic medium really resonates with me. I argued on a gainer's site that they should extend their allowing a second account to drawers and painters of gainer art to padders also try to create images, which please and make statements. They declined to extend the privilege of a second account to padders but said that if asked about this at a later date they might give a different answer.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Which site was that? DeviantArt?
The site that I'm referring to is Grommr. The discussion about treating padding as gainer art and allowing padders to have a second account, as other gainer artists have, was with the admins and so it can't be seen. I have had many discussions with members of Grommr with the aim of making padding better accepted. I have noticed that more padders are out about padding these days. I like to think that this is partly thanks to me but I have to admit that the are other influences at work.

Latest posts