• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Pant Rant

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
Can I just say "Aughhhhhhhhhh!!!" :doh:

I don't even know where to begin!

I've always been a pants/jeans type of girl. In the summer I might wear some type of sun dress or frock, but for the most part, I'm more comfortable in pants. The PROBLEM is that I don't FIT in pants anymore!! Well, haven't in awhile actually. For several years, my mom had been making me stretchy jeans and twill pants for work, but then she had to up and die on me :doh:. And now I'm pantsless!

I'm VERY hard to fit as I'm pear shaped with mega-thighs - nothing from catalogs or stores EVER fit unless they are stretch-knit pants that show every nook, cranny and dimple - NOT something I care to show off at work!

I've been ordering these black jersey Reebok elasticized bottomed pants from the King Size catalog and they've been ok, but they aren't what I *want*. I want real pants. I want jeans!!

Ok... so... at the beginning of October - yes, OCTOBER - I decided to once again risk it and order a pair of jeans for this fat ass. I went to Sanctuarie.net and took my best guess and ordered a pair in the "Very Pear" section, in 5X. According to UPS, they were delivered on 10/31, but I never got them. after much back and forth and having to file TWO missing package reports, I FINALLY got the jeans yesterday. Can you say "frustrated"?!

First, they sent 6x instead of 5x - which isn't that big of a deal because I'm not sure if I would have thought the legs on the 5x were too tight, since I'm so used to "stretchy" pants now. Second, the zipper on these things is made for the hands of a two year old. It's so tiny! But the real issue that's frying my arse is the size of the leg cuffs! Now, they say that they are shipped unfinished so that you can hem to your liking, but these things DEFINATELY have a hem - they are NOT ragged/cut at the bottom. But EACH leg at the ankle is about 18 inches wide!! That's 36 inches around!!! EACH LEG!! I know a LOT of very fat women and not ONE of them that I am aware of has a 36 inch ankle!!! WTF!?

I don't dare send them back since it took me 3 months to get them, so I'll try to find a seamstress, which I really need to do anyway (raising and shaking a fist up to heaven at mom! LOL - don't worry - she'd understand!) and spend another small fortune getting them trimmed/hemmed and tweaked.

Ok, thanks for listening - back to your regularly scheduled fashion issues!

Latest posts

Back