Quantcast

Pant Rant

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

steely

Mens jeans always worked great on me but I have no hips,butt or waist really.That's the way guys are built and it works for me.My waist and hip measurement are very much the same,around 60.Plus,I have really stick like legs.Life is too hard.

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
Mens jeans always worked great on me but I have no hips,butt or waist really.That's the way guys are built and it works for me.My waist and hip measurement are very much the same,around 60.Plus,I have really stick like legs.Life is too hard.
Awww, chin up. :) Life is beautiful and so is your shape. Don't let anyone tell you different. Do what is working for you...never mind what other chicks are doing. If mens jeans are flattering, so be it, girl! Alot of women do it, so you're not alone.

steely

Thanks sweetie,I didn't mean to sound so hopeless.I like to be tall and the legs are what does it for me.I'm happy enough with my shape.It could be a lot harder than it is:D

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
I have a suggestion for your trousers. When I was a teen, straight leg jeans came into fashion but we were on a tight budget. So my sisters, cousins and I would buy cheap flared jeans, then take them into straight legs by ourselves. Its REALLY easy. Believe me, I can't sew and I could do that! If you have your mum's sewing machine, or access to a machine can you try with one of your Sanctuarie pairs? Worst case scenario you can unpick them. All you do is, turn the trousers inside out, put them on you, then pin them down the inside to the width you would like. If thats difficult for you, try pinning them before you put them on, guesstimate. When you have the right measurement, use the sewing machine to stitch down your pin line, where you want your new inside seam to be. I have made a fabulous diagram below to illustrate :p . As shown there, you dont have to take the seam in from the very top, just from wherever you want, lower thigh, knee, calf, whatever. I always did a double row of stitching, to make sure the seam was good and strong. Then just trim away the excess fabric. Voila!

For the silly baby zipper, you could "thread" a safety pin through the zip pull, so its easier to grab and pull.

Good luck!
Ruby - thanks for the suggestion - I realize that's what needs to be done, as I can remember my mom pinning (and pricking!) me! LOL! The problem - I have NO confidence that I would even be able to turn a sewing machine ON!It's a sad thing, lemme tell ya! LOL! :doh:
But thanks hon!

Hathor

stolen child
It's hard for me to find jeans that fit because they're either too big or too small. LB jeans are too small at size 28. They might fit my thighs and butt, but tend to be too small around my calves. Avenue jeans at size 32 are too baggie. I've never been able to find a simple size 30 to try at Avenue.

I must say, however, the Blue Couture jeans at Silhouettes are great. I bought one pair in size 32 and they're kind of baggie on me, but fit great in all the right places.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
Mishe, have you tried ordering jeans from the King Size catalog? I don't know if it would work, but it seems like sometimes mens clothing is offered in larger sizes than women's clothing. On the king size direct website they had some in up to waist size 80...which to me is wicked confusing to figure out even though I know men's sizing is easier to figure out! LOL

I wish I knew how to sew, I would make you all the clothes you wanted!
Hey Goofy girl!
I've ordered jeans from King Size in the past but they never fit properly either. They are always too long, too wide at the ankle, tight in the thigh and ass, loose in the waist and the rise isn't high enough because of the shelf butt! Sigh...
Can you take some classes or something??! LOL!

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
Ruby - thanks for the suggestion - I realize that's what needs to be done, as I can remember my mom pinning (and pricking!) me! LOL! The problem - I have NO confidence that I would even be able to turn a sewing machine ON!It's a sad thing, lemme tell ya! LOL! :doh:
But thanks hon!

Awww Mishe! It's really not complicated. Most sewing machines are pretty similar for the basic stuff. If you had a webcam i could talk you through it im sure. or if there is a manual for the machine. Such a shame. Can your sister sew, would she show you how to do the basic threading of the machine then stitching? or ooh have you considered buying one of those little battery operated handheld machines?

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Hey Goofy girl!
I've ordered jeans from King Size in the past but they never fit properly either. They are always too long, too wide at the ankle, tight in the thigh and ass, loose in the waist and the rise isn't high enough because of the shelf butt! Sigh...
Can you take some classes or something??! LOL!
Well...I'm taking crochet classes in February...I could crochet you some pants. LOL

volatile

I live in jeans! Even at my highest weight of around 520 lbs it was the only thing I liked to wear. I'm not a skirt/dress person and I never really liked stretchy pants because they didn't give me the support like a jean would so I would never wear them to work or when I went out.

At 520 lbs the only jeans I found that fit me were from Silhouettes. I always bought the Essential Bootcut stretch jeans in a 42w. I would tend to favor the stonewash because they seemed to have a little more give to them when compared to the other colors. I don't really know your figure other then you saying you are a pear but they may work for you.

I actually have a pair or two that are in good condition that I no longer wear since I've lost weight and you can have them if you want so you can see if they work for you. They are just sitting in my closet collecting dust and I'll probably eventually end up giving them away anyways. If you interested just drop me a PM with your mailing address and I'll drop them in the mail for you.

Latest posts