• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Pants for big thighs and shirts for DD bust

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plushkitty

Hello, fellow fatshionistas!

I'm entering the workforce, and I'm going to need nice pants for interviews and hopefully a job. I have two pairs that fit, but they're both black, and I don't want to wear the same thing every day. The problem is that most plus-size lines I've found make slacks too small in the legs and too big in the belly and waist for me. If I can get a pair of pants over my thunder thighs, they're usually too long in the rise (VERY uncomfortable) and always too big in the waist. My mother is fortunately a good enough seamstress to take in waists, but not to fix the rise.

There has to be someone else here who wears nice slacks and is shaped like me! Most of my fat is in my thighs and butt, for a 290 lb woman I don't have much of a belly. What do you wear to work at an office job? My field (GIS, basically making fancy computer maps and analyzing data with them) isn't super formal, so hopefully I won't need suits. *crosses fingers*

And now we come to the shirts. Button downs are the standard for office appropriate, right? Well, I wear a 40DD bra, and trying to find a button down I can afford (fresh out of college here) that has darts at the bust is almost as hard as finding pants that fit. If it doesn't have darts, it will do that awful gapping thing between the second and third button. And it's nice to have curved seams in the body of the shirt that show my womanly figure, you know? Straight up and down seams often make me look like I raided my dad's closet.

Oh yes, and tips on jeans are always helpful on general principles. That quest never finishes, as soon as I find a style I like the company discontinues them. Like what happened with my current favorite pair. :(

Latest posts

Back