• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Perceptions of Big women

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffie

I was talking to a staff member the of our organization the other day at work and the subject came up of my size. I said that throughout my life I have been judged by my size, and was treated differently when I was lighter than I am now, although I had always been fat. I was explaining to her some of the things that had happened to me as a large person when she interrupts and says this line. "But Ruth I have never seen you as a big woman. I walked in here for the first day of work and I encountered a beautiful lady whose hair and makeup is well done, dresses very stylishly, and is well groomed. Not very many big woman do that! So I have never seen your size, just a beautiful lady"

It got me to thinking, how many other people have this belief subconscious that big women don't take care of themselves/have let themselves go. Has anyone else ever encountered comments such as these?
Ruth

Latest posts

Back