Personal adds - sites, dms etc.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

I remember when DMS was introduced it was decent matching system but now let's face the truth - it's not good anymore. Not many people even look there. I know that there are plenty of other pages for personals but dims are still dims. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person who would be happy to see new or maybe updated matching system on here. I'm not picking up on anybody - you did great job on dms Conrad but as time is passing and forums are getting stronger and stronger and more popular maybe something should be done here? I know that it's not ok to let people put personals around cause it can kill whole forum... but what about one thread for guys and for ladies pinned on top or just separate forum for it? What you think about it?

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Well, have you posted in the singles thread? You can't post a personal there - but at least it's a start towards people knowing you're available.

You say that you've noticed the forums getting stronger, so why not try participating more (you've been a member for 2 years and only 63 posts) and 'meeting' people that way. Lots of people have met and become couples (even married) from both the boards and chat.

ATrueFA

I agree, I let my profile expire on the DMS system because it just doesn't work. Its like it matches me with the OPPOSITE things I select. I put in for a match female essential, non smoker essential, my age range etc and it consistently gave me matches that were male, or 18-23 (I'm 52), smokers etc. I can't remember a single time it gave me a match in the actual ranges I selected. It was really hard to take the DMS seriously at all...
It would be great to have a better matching system. I'd even be willing to pay if it was a real functioning system...

Dave

Well, have you posted in the singles thread? You can't post a personal there - but at least it's a start towards people knowing you're available.

You say that you've noticed the forums getting stronger, so why not try participating more (you've been a member for 2 years and only 63 posts) and 'meeting' people that way. Lots of people have met and become couples (even married) from both the boards and chat.
You're definately right Samantha. It was more about like general thought than certain situation :) I'm working on posting more lately though ;)

ataraxia

Conrad had plans for replacing DMS with a modern setup. He even had a particular product picked out. Unfortunately, he ran into technical problems getting it installed and the project fizzled out. (For the geeks in the crowd, Dimensions runs on Red Hat, and his chosen engine was built against a different version of PHP than the OS included.)

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
You're definately right Samantha. It was more about like general thought than certain situation :) I'm working on posting more lately though ;)
It's certainly a good thought to bring things to people's attentions... I never hear much about the DMS anymore, and perhaps this is why.

Always good to have people participating in the boards more though - and you never know what (or whom...?;)) you'll find. Happy posting!

Latest posts