Personals?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ScreamingChicken

WVMountainrear's Husband
Hi all,

Has anyone had any luck with PlentyOfFish? I've heard about it from a few people, but is it good for BBWs/FAs?

:confused:
My fiance and I met through POF.:D

She is a SSBBW and was running in to nothing but guys who were just in to sex; nothing of any real substance. She told me I was the first guy that she spoke to that came across as genuine ( I post in my profile clear as day that preferred large women/BBWs) and didn't seem hell bent on getting in to her pants when we talked.

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
Honestly, I would try Craigslst. There is wheat and chaff, but I've found more wheat among the chaff. Just lay out what you are looking for (one night stand or not). And it's free. And if you get crappy responses just ignore them or blast them, as you please

bigmac

Honestly, I would try Craigslst. There is wheat and chaff, but I've found more wheat among the chaff. Just lay out what you are looking for (one night stand or not). And it's free. And if you get crappy responses just ignore them or blast them, as you please

Yes, crappy responses are just part of internet dating. I wish I'd saved some of the responses I got -- in hindsight many were quite funny.

SSBBW Katerina

FillOutUrProfileFellas
It's a "secret group" on Facebook for people who are invited. If you'd like to, PM your FB name/page and I'll send an invite.
Oooh, could u send me Facebook private message invite to the group please? I'll PM my FB moniker to you. Thanks a bunch.

balletguy

I was sceen the word fake fa in this thread a few times what exactley is that? Thanks for the links as well

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
It's pretty cool. I was in it, but then kicked out. Don't know why, actually. But yeah, pretty cool. lol
Makes me wonder if there's any Canadians in my general area on there :D

Bahaha... Look at me... So lonely I get excited over nothing :p

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
Have yet to hear of this group on Facebook. Lol. Peeps are holding out!

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Have yet to hear of this group on Facebook. Lol. Peeps are holding out!
I just saw this or I would've added ya sooner :) I believe I've added you, according to my phone anyway lol. Lemme know if it didn't take and I will try it again :)

The Fat Man

Fat Don Draper
Also fairly freshly divorced here. It really is painfully difficult finding nice, motivated, fun ladies that are into this whole scene. I'm not even talking a feedee... even finding pretty, confident big girls is like some sort of impossible quest. After my divorce I told myself I'd not only never be with another woman who made me feel awful about being fat (she was fat too, go figure) but I wanted to know what it was like to actually make this whole scene a part of my relationship. Real life, off the net. I've never had that.

I mean I'm a good looking fat dude, own my own business, no real debt, lots of friends, I'm outgoing... should finding a girl around my age that's also into this fetish be this friggin' hard or am I just cursed, lol...

BigWheels

It's OK, I bite back
I had the same problem on okcupid. I officially gave up on it 2 months ago
I have a HORRIBLE response rate...maybe 1:150. And I have very few options up here...

But I'm here! I see lots of beauties & have no clue with most if they are single or not. And I guess I'm old fashioned in that way, I don't hit on the attached ones... damn my morals!

Tell me ladies, am I not a hunka,hunka burnin' love?

phatfatgirl

first off this is my very first post in a very long time. been away awhile but I'm back and I've missed the information and conversation I've had here. I've really learned a lot. another dating website though it is under tangowire is bigger beauties. True they do mix results in the search from different groups, it'll say in the person's profile that this person joined from a different interest group. But there will also be a tab that you can click to see their similar interests, whether they joined other bbw groups.
hope that's another option to keep in mind.
oh I'd also like to be added to that secret fb group. sounds like fun! I'm single also. thanks!

bigmac

I have a HORRIBLE response rate...maybe 1:150. And I have very few options up here...

But I'm here! I see lots of beauties & have no clue with most if they are single or not. And I guess I'm old fashioned in that way, I don't hit on the attached ones... damn my morals!

Tell me ladies, am I not a hunka,hunka burnin' love?
Guys getting horrible response rates is pretty much par for the internet dating course. Women can post just about anything and get tons of responses -- guys not so much. This is especially true for guys who are over 300lbs and older than mid-thirties -- the lepers of the internet dating world.

I did meet my wife online so it is possible to make it work. However, be prepared for a lot of frustration along the way. I found that you can greatly increase response rates by narrowly targeting women who are part of your tribe -- i.e. women who share your outlook on life whatever that may be. I found I could often glean more information from the photos women posted than I could from the words in their profiles.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
Guys getting horrible response rates is pretty much par for the internet dating course. Women can post just about anything and get tons of responses -- guys not so much. This is especially true for guys who are over 300lbs and older than mid-thirties -- the lepers of the internet dating world.

I did meet my wife online so it is possible to make it work. However, be prepared for a lot of frustration along the way. I found that you can greatly increase response rates by narrowly targeting women who are part of your tribe -- i.e. women who share your outlook on life whatever that may be. I found I could often glean more information from the photos women posted than I could from the words in their profiles.

I can agree with that. Women have much more responses then guys IMO and i think women have more luck. There are pros and cons to online dating, sites like OK Cupid and POF and BBWCupid are good, but there is give and take. BBWCupid is better if your a paying member, if not it's kinda limited. POF is good and free with alot of people but it's sometimes hard to find someone you click with. OK Cupid has a great match system but the site isn't quite as active as POF but it is active enough. I do think you will have more luck with a site that is into what you are.

Latest posts