• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Pertinent Adjustments As Necessary - by Matt L. (~BBW, Magic, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L.

~BBW, Magic, ~SWG - Wayward daughter-in-law ubderestimates the talents of her hubby's mom.

Pertinent Adjustments As Necessary
by Matt L.

Paige Davenport could have been a professional model, curly blond hair, exquisite face and svelte figure. In actuality, Paige was the manager for a beauty supply warehouse, a career with plenty of perks for such a vain vixen. Clad in an autumn red blouse and khaki slacks that easily depicted her feminine attributes, she vigorously marched ahead of her mother in law.

Paige had married her high school sweetheart, Rod Davenport, a nice guy and not all that bad looking. Well, at least until after their wedding and Rod managed to put on a few pounds. 45-pounds to be exact. This kind of irked Paige, hooking up with the male voted most popular was like marrying a celebrity, but his pedestrian career was another sore spot for Paige. Rod worked at Best Buy and even with his sales commission and bonuses on top of his base salary didn’t earn as much as Paige.

Paige expected her mate to be verifiably handsome and exceedingly well to do, not a chubby guy earning a comparatively meager salary. However, Paige did make time with the various salesmen who hawked their merchandise. Many were much more ambitious than her hubby, a few she considered physically more attractive. Paige was on the lookout for a prosperous dude while planning to dissolve her marriage.

Gladys Davenport, Paige’s mother in law was a basically virtuous woman whose ideals conflicted with Paige. Gladys thought a wife’s place was at home, making her man comfortable and content with managing the affairs of the house among her basic chores.

Gladys might have had an uncultured appearance, short gray hair, sans cosmetics upon her pretty face and clad in a flowing purple housedress that exemplified her well nourished pear shaped figure. However, she was brimming with intelligence and conventional etiquette.

Gladys eventually caught up with Paige who was silently studying the wondrous window display of a lavish boutique.

“Dang, sweetie”, Gladys hummed in an almost poetic timbre, “That spurt of energy you have should be reserved for your friends, I can hardly keep up with ya.”

Paige swerved her face toward Gladys, ignoring the humorous remark, she returned her vision back to the storefront window.

Gladys continued her good natured blathering, “Aw shucks, those clothes in that shop probably cost a month’s wages, why buy clothes here when you can get more for your money at the Kinfolk Department store.”

“Because I want to look nice”, Paige retorted in a blistery tone, “I’ve aware of the garments at that department store, They may be cheaper but lack style and finesse.”

Gladys nodded, “I suppose you’re right, sweetie. But Rod is of the mind that you look plumb pleasing nice in even old sweats. You needn’t get all gussy up for him.”

Paige released a brittle sigh, “My intention in clothing have nothing too do with Rod.”

Paige moved closer to the window, her eyes inspecting a beautiful strapless black gown.

Gladys inched closer to Paige who turned to her mother in law with a candy smile, “If you must know, a group of salesmen are throwing a cocktail party Friday night, I’m planning to buy an enticing gown for the occasion.”

“Really?”, Gladys replied with a dumbfounded expression, “Rod didn’t mention this to me.”

Paige grinned like a rabid minx, “That’s because Rod isn’t invited.”

Gladys, who seldom expressed her ire, stridently disagreed, “A married woman doesn’t attend social events unless chaperoned by her husband!”

Paige bubbly mocked Gladys, “I guess I’m not the conventional kind, chained to the stove and amusing myself folding clothes. Truth is, this event will be full of exciting, attractive people, I’m afraid Rod wouldn’t fit in.”

With that, Paige entered the boutique, Gladys momentarily thinking things through before joining her daughter in law.

Paige was scrutinizing the evening gowns when Gladys approached her.

“I have a few bones to pick with you, young lady”, Gladys vehemently declaimed.

Paige gaped at Gladys like she was a stupid old woman, then without any acknowledgement, reverted her attention back to the clothes rack.

Gladys sternly quibbled, “I don’t appreciate the implications that Rod is homely and boring_.”

Paige lambasted her mate without turning away from the gowns, “Rod resembles the Pillsbury Doughboy and his idea of fun is ordering a pizza and watching the ballgame.”

“Nothing wrong with that”, Gladys defended Rod, “He works hard and if he desires a little relaxation, so what? He does a fine job supporting you.”

Paige spun around and sarcastically stated, “And that’s why I have to work, because Rod brings home an adequate paycheck.”

Gladys corrected Paige, “Oh really? You decided to work as a means to keep yourself out of the house.”

Paige haughtily sighed, “You’re not as backward as I thought. However, I desire a lavish expense account and beautiful clothes and out of his mother’s home.”

“My next husband will give me everything I deserve”, Paige proudly boasted.

Gladys pitched her opinion, “And Rod deserves a faithful wife who understands her place.”

Paige swayed her curvaceous figure toward the clothing rack, “Maybe he needs a time machine to take him back to the 1950’s, I’m not the domestic type.”

“Had you were, your marriage would benefit”, “Gladys decisively stated.

Paige was checking on the price tag of a beautiful gown when she began feeling tipsy, backing away from the clothing rack, she accidentally bumped into Gladys.

Gladys delicately pushed Paige a few inches away as she noticed Paige’s muddled expression, “Something the matter?”

Paige nodded, “Something doesn’t feel right.”

Gladys tapped her chin, “Well, come to think of it, your hairstyle is a little too sophisticated_.”

Paige’s jaw dropped as her curly blond locks were stripped clean of it’s wavy texture while it’s lush blond hue faded. Paige’s mane was reduced too a short, bungling manufactured hairstyle, and a blah blondish-brown in color.

Paige stretched over to the mirror adjacent to the clothing racks. Running her fingers through the undignified rat’s nest of a mane, Paige calmly studied her reflection, “This is so bizarre but somehow I feel my hair looks just fine like this.”

Gladys acknowledged her with a sweet smile, “Sure does, Paige. Why waste your money going to fancy beauty salons when the old woman down the block will trim it for five dollars.”

“I don’t know what’s happening?”, Paige nervously peeped.

“Now, Paige”, Gladys replied, “You’re getting all flustered over nothing.”

Paige stepped closer toward the mirror, “I still feel, um, odd or something.”

Gladys picked upon Paige’s wardrobe, “Maybe it’s because of your clothes, they’re far too trendy for the likes of you.”

Paige’s fashionable blouse and slacks were exchanged for a peach colored sweatshirt decorated with a mountain landscape over her breasts and natty dark gray sweatpants.

“What the_?”, Paige blurted out loud.

Gladys calmly replied, “That’s an improvement, those other clothes produced an image of somebody your not.”

“Really, you think?”, Paige questioned, “I mean, these clothes are nice but how could I possibly show up to work dressed like this?”

Gladys chuckled, “What work?”

Paige squinted, “At the beauty supply warehouse, I’m the…the…”

Gladys brought Paige up to speed, “Nah, you’re a regular housewife and a darn good one too! You’re a marvel at doing the laundry and have a real talent for all kinds of housework, but your performance in the kitchen is tops!”

As Gladys spoke, Paige’s makeup evaporated without a trace and so did her jewelry with exception to her wedding band. Her prowess in fashion and cosmetics were replaced with proficient domestic skills while her personality took on an adequate disposition in terms of her lifestyle.

Gladys continued, “Baking has become somewhat of a hobby for you, that and watching those reality shows on TV. However, you really enjoying baking, do it often enough, no wonder Rod has gained weight since you were wed but so have you!”

Paige placed her hands over her waist just as her tummy began to inflate, “R….Re…Really?”

In a flash, Paige went from a svelte 120-pounds to a pudgy 160.”

Her dazzling features soften, puffy cheeks with a noticeable second chin, though still quite pretty but hardly cover girl beautiful. Her upper arms hardly increased in size with exception to becoming flabby and her bust went up a cup size but dipped a little lower due to the excess of fatty tissue.
Child baring hips coated with a layer of cushy fat and her once flat tummy was now a portly potbelly.

Paige’s waist became thicker, her behind jutting outward as it became significantly larger, circular in shape and with a mushy quality while her thighs developed saddle bags that coincided with their chunky appearance.

Paige straighten her posture and chimed, “I guess I’m feeling better now, Gladys. I’m a bit confused about one thing though.”

Gladys inquired, “About what?”

“Why we shopping here?”, Paige giggled, “Everything in this store is overpriced and not really my style.”

Gladys’s brow wrinkled, “Then shopping elsewhere is the logical solution. Any suggestions?”

“The Kinfolk department store is more to my taste”, Paige smiled, “I was thinking about buying a couple of pantsuits.”

As Gladys led the journey out of the boutique, Paige added with enthusiasm, “Think we can do a little grocery shopping while we’re out? I’m thinking about doing some baking after I attend to the laundry.”

Gladys congenially agreed, “That’s a fine idea.”

FINIS

Latest posts

Back